Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
You want an abortion pay for it yourself.
How about we tell other countries:

You want weapons? Buy your own.

You want to topple your dictator? Do it yourself.

Abortion is penny ante in a no limit game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why are Republicans so obsessed with abortion, even more so lately?

Because the issue is a CA$H COW
You mean like Planned Parenthood?
Quote:
WHO on the left in a national position has proposed we should ban guns?
I note how you completely made an attempt to change what I said in order to argue against me. Are you serious?

Tell me anyone in a "national position", banning abortion.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:08 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,317,865 times
First, the term "pro-life" is a canard. It implies that there are people who are "pro-death."

The most appropriate terms are "pro choice" and "anti choice."

Secondly, it is a moot issue. Roe v. Wade will never be overturned (nor should it be) and even if it were, the issue would just revert back to individual state rights. It's not as if all 50 states are going to outlaw abortion. Abortion will always be accessible, and rightfully available under safe, clinical circumstances.

Finally, I find it ironic that it is nearly always the same people who insist on dictating to others and endorsing government interference into the personal lives and decisions of our citizenry when it comes to this issue are usually screaming and whining about how we should have smaller government.

Another thing that is quite ironic (and hypocritical) is that the same people who insist that every fetus is precious and must be protected are very frequently:

AGAINST birth control and sex ed.

AGAINST social programs designed to help the poor and unfortunate.

PRO war

PRO gun

and PRO death penalty.

Imbecilic and hypocritical.

And I have fairly conservative views when it comes to guns (I believe in the right to own and bear arms) and capital punishment (I believe some people deserve to die but I think the system is disfunctional and I don't like the State having that much power--to be able to execute people) but telling women and couples whether or not they can have an abortion is completely antithetical to every conservative principle.

Not your business; not mine.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:09 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You mean like Planned Parenthood?
Having difficulty staying on topic are ya?

Quote:
I note how you completely made an attempt to change what I said in order to argue against me. Are you serious?

Tell me anyone in a "national position", banning abortion.
BULL!

I see you making a lame attempt at leaving your position.

You said "if the left is going to proclaim we should ban guns"

WHAT did I change? You didn't limit "the left" to anything but a national position.

So just WHO has proposed we ban guns?

Or are you just making the first hyperbolic "gun grabbers " baseless statement of the week?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,450,225 times
Quote:
Another tool that thinks government creates jobs..

btw, the House has passed numerous "Jobs bills", the Democratic Senate keeps killing them...
So I am a tool that thinks government creates jobs...But not those people who passed the jobs bills in the house that were blocked making it the Democrats fault. That's compartmentalization, where contradictory beliefs can exist at the same time.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM

602 posts, read 572,224 times
Quote:
How about we tell other countries:

You want weapons? Buy your own.

You want to topple your dictator? Do it yourself.

Abortion is penny ante in a no limit game.
I'm OK with all that as well.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Having difficulty staying on topic are ya?
Haha, that IS the topic And you said it was a cash cow So now you're upset cause I listed the name of the agency, using it as a cash cow?
Quote:
BULL!

I see you making a lame attempt at leaving your position.

You said "if the left is going to proclaim we should ban guns"

WHAT did I change? You didn't limit "the left" to anything but a national position.

So just WHO has proposed we ban guns?

Or are you just making the first hyperbolic "gun grabbers " baseless statement of the week?
I didnt once say anyone in a national position, are you seriously going to stand there and play completely dumb and suggest others on the left, hasnt suggested that we ban guns?

How about Rosanne Odonnel
“I don’t care if you want to hunt. I don’t care if you think it’s your right. I say, ‘Sorry.’ It is 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison.”

Now you need to list for me the Republicans on a national level (your statement) who is trying to ban abortion..

Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Lightbulb Why are Republicans so obsessed with abortion, even more so lately?

'Cuz them wiimins is gettin' uppity lately an' needs to know they place.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So I am a tool that thinks government creates jobs...But not those people who passed the jobs bills in the house that were blocked making it the Democrats fault. That's compartmentalization, where contradictory beliefs can exist at the same time.
I dont support the House passing "jobs" bills, but my non support doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Thats not at all contradictory, its a fact.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 AM

58,676 posts, read 26,957,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Just on this first page of the P&OC, there are many examples of Republicans trying to turn an argument by bringing up abortion.

Let me go on record by saying that I am pro-life. However, I understand that Roe vs Wade has been on the books for nearly 40 years and probably isn't going to be overturned. Yet Republicans keep harping on about how much Democrats supposedly support abortion. Any time something is brought up they don't like, their answer is "Yeah, but Democrats kill babies."

Why the obsession with abortion? Don't they have other things to be concerned about?
Why does the liberal media ALWAYS bring it up? They WANT to keep it on the front page. Unless it is a story like the "Doctor" from Philly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies