U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 12:05 PM

69,364 posts, read 61,419,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I thought you two were on the same side.
Jobs and the economy arent quite the same thing, are they? One is an outcome of the other, but regardless, pointing out Obamas hypocracy by claiming Presidents were responsible for things, until he became responsible for them, is something I have no problem doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If you don't care what they are doing.....then why all the fuss about allowing them to marry?

Just shut the frick up about it and mind your own business.
Mind our own dam business? I'd like to, but its pretty difficult when everytime someone comes out as gay, its somehow news, as if I give a fk..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Exactly!
Not even close.. restrictions arent bans..
Quote:
And if pro-lifers want unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds......how about THEY pay for them?
Fine with me.. when you left wing kooks stop demanding government mandate insurance companies to pay for this ****, it'll stop.. Yes, thats how it works if you didnt know.. the states mandate insurance companies pay for x, y, z, in order to operate in their state.. and the federal government legislations how much will be reinbursed.. Once again, left wing kooks caused it, now you want to cry about it

Old 05-06-2013, 12:08 PM

7,139 posts, read 10,329,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Just on this first page of the P&OC, there are many examples of Republicans trying to turn an argument by bringing up abortion.

Let me go on record by saying that I am pro-life. However, I understand that Roe vs Wade has been on the books for nearly 40 years and probably isn't going to be overturned. Yet Republicans keep harping on about how much Democrats supposedly support abortion. Any time something is brought up they don't like, their answer is "Yeah, but Democrats kill babies."

Why the obsession with abortion? Don't they have other things to be concerned about?
Because they need all those babies to be born. So they can all grow up, and fight and die in the stupid wars that the Republicans are planing to start.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM

15,703 posts, read 16,058,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper
No matter how many times you say it, it won't soak in.

I'm a Repub and I'm not obsessed with abortion. I am, however, obsessed with stupid, like Democrats and Sandra Floook. Dems are the idiots who keep screeching about their bodies. As far as I'm concerned, they can all get abortions. In a generation, problem solved!

Leave it to idiotic dems to squall about Sandy Hook but approve of people sticking scissors into the skulls of live babies. And if you think Gosnell is the only one doing it, you are 100%+ wrong.

In other words, Cooper is right? You believe that Gosnell is a unique case, and no other abortion doctors are doing what he has done, and to believe so is a lie.

You've replaced an obvious, and legitimate, concern with complete sarcasm. The deflection is so bad it lowers one's IQ just to read it.
Please list the other abortions doctors who are doing what Gosnell did. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Please list the other abortions doctors who are doing what Gosnell did. Thanks.
How else do you think they "take care" of babies born during botched abortions? Do you think botched abortions only happen under one doctor in the country? Wow, thats fantastic news I bet..

Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Because they need all those babies to be born. So they can all grow up, and fight and die in the stupid wars that the Republicans are planing to start.
If one wanted to make asinine statements, I suppose we can suggest you need them to grow up and become welfare recipiants so they can stimulate the economy, but I'd never be that dumb.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,096,819 times
I think it's safe to say that Republicans just want to destroy freedoms in this country while preserving the ones THEY feel are important.

Democrats are no better, either.

Boy am I glad I'm an Independent/Moderate. Both parties are full of shame and bigotry - Republicans moreso than anyone else.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 PM

14,370 posts, read 9,305,105 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan
Repuglican motto: save our gunz and conception. {from beginning of conception in the back seat of a dodge} defund planned parenthood, just use a aspirin between the knees for contraception.

EXACTLY!!! Libertarians have this one perfectly correct! If you want abortions, day-after pills, and the highest end contraception... go pay for it yourself.

Stop making this about womens rights. It's about using other peoples money and nothing more.

Quote:
And if pro-lifers want unnecessary vaginal ultrasounds......how about THEY pay for them?
Have there been 55,000,000 unnecessary ultrasounds? If this is the case then we have an epidemic and it should be stopped; IMHO you just proved you'll counter ANY RATIONAL POST THAT DOESN'T FIT IN YOUR BOX with deflection.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 PM

32,524 posts, read 35,124,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

Don't they have other things to be concerned about?
Yes. Most seem to be very concerned that everyone in this country gets to own a gun. With plenty of ammo. At least one gun. Ten seems to be better. So every citizen in American can shoot someone. They're also anxious to pass around the death penalty like peanuts at a baseball game. And they LOVE sending soldiers off to war. (As long as none of those soldiers is anyone they actually know. Someone else's son and daughter is always the best to send off to war to get blown to pieces by an IED.)

Why they call themselves "pro-life" remains unknown.

The Republican Party and jumbo shrimp. Little difference.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 PM

15,084 posts, read 13,618,397 times
Quote:
EXACTLY!!! Libertarians have this one perfectly correct! If you want abortions, day-after pills, and the highest end contraception... go pay for it yourself.
You want boner pills? Pay for them yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies