Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:23 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times

Advertisements

What an a-hole thread starter this is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
What an a-hole thread starter this is.
by a resident name caller to boot!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
by a resident name caller to boot!
Wasn't calling the op an a-hole, the thread starter is a real a-hole premise with which to start a discussion.

Sorry some of you have so much hatred for inanimate objects and fail to have any sort of effective, pragmatic solutions to curb gun violence, but the truth is the truth.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM

Also, not a single bit of the recent misguided legislation proposed could begin to curb the thousands of inner-city murders which occur in the US annually, with firearms, but screw the black people right?

Let's just introduce legislation directed toward preventing the deaths of middle-upper class suburban white kids.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
TRANSLATION: You're right. I made it up. But I'm still hoping I can bamboozle somebody into believing me.
BS. You don't need stats to theorize what might happen when 10,000 armed citizens decide to march. This is not a well-regulated militia. Do you know how many accidental shooting cases I've seen?

Do you? Hundreds.

One need not be a genius to say 2 + 2 = 4.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:38 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Wasn't calling the op an a-hole, the thread starter is a real a-hole premise with which to start a discussion.

Sorry some of you have so much hatred for inanimate objects and fail to have any sort of effective, pragmatic solutions to curb gun violence, but the truth is the truth.
I have effective, pragmatic solutions.
Leave the guns alone and the 2nd amendment remains intact. License all gun owners just like drivers. There is no background check, your license is the background check. no registration of firearms. Nobody cares what gun you have only that the individual is licensed to own it.
Licensed individuals will be trained in safety, responsibilities of owning a firearm, mental capacity and proper handling.

Gun rights people dump the license idea without giving any reasons why. So in one sense, the gun rights folks have offered no solutions or strategies for dealing with gun violence.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-06-2013 at 11:51 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Leave the guns alone and the 2nd amendment remains intact. License all gun owners just like drivers. There is no background check, your license is the background check. no registration of firearms. Nobody cares what gun you have only that the individual is licensed to own it.
Licensed individuals will be trained in safety, responsibilities of owning a firearm, mental capacity and proper handling.

Gun rights people dump the license idea without giving any reasons why. So in one sense, the gun rights folks have offered no solutions or strategies for dealing with gun violence.
I'm in complete agreement.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:51 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

That infringes on rights though.

How about offering free gun safety training for anybody who wants it? Allow small groups to tag along and learn with LEO and their gun training.

The black market for guns will always be there. As of now, I only sale or trade privately with those who have a CCW. If they don't, I'll offer to go through a dealer. Thats just me. Offer an drivers license option/endorsement for those who want to have a firearms background check ran.

We can relax a lot of our current gun laws. All these laws we have dont affect the bad guys because they will do what they want when they want.

Lets enforce and toughen penalties for the bad guys. They are already scared of us who are armed because they dont want to die. They are not afraid of the government because they will just get a slap on the wrist.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:59 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Leave the guns alone and the 2nd amendment remains intact. License all gun owners just like drivers. There is no background check, your license is the background check.
Does your license tell folks your wife just took out a restraining order against you because you've threatened to kill her?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:03 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
BS. You don't need stats to theorize what might happen when 10,000 armed citizens decide to march.
True. In fact, you're better off without them, if you want to pretend something is wrong with law-abiding citizens owning and carrying their own guns, as poster mohawkx has been demonstrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies