Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:00 PM

20,409 posts, read 12,311,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
If Republicanism were a religion, Reagan would be Jesus Christ and Limbaugh would be the Virgin Mary.
and if democrat-ism (wait? what?) were a religion, there would be no doG but there would be child sacrifice and manditory offerings taken daily...

Old 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM

1,127 posts, read 901,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and if democrat-ism (wait? what?) were a religion, there would be no doG but there would be child sacrifice and manditory offerings taken daily...
Stupid retort. Makes no sense. You should edit it.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,221,377 times
Quote:
lol

Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,180,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and what you are forgetting is that limbaugh fans will find him regardless of where he goes. and when that happens, those smaller radio stations and networks will see a substantial increase in listenership. at the same time cumulus will see a substantial decrease in listenership.

it never ceases to amaze me that liberals are always complaining about restrictions on freedom of speech, and then turn around and want people like limbaugh off the air.
Where did I once mention that I want Limbaugh off the air, or did I mention freedom of speech? Are you so deranged that you imagine ranting liberals out of thin air? You can take medication for delusions--I'd look into it.

I laid out the cut and dried facts on the issue--nothing more. I will say this though--someone above said Clear Channel was going to move Rush to currently competing expansions in their market if he leaves Cumulus, but that's one station in New York. Cumulus has a huge share of the market, and if he leaves, it IS going to mean a big cut in Limbaugh's income. The closest example I can give is if you'd leave a major TV network to run your show on minor cable station, or even local access public TV .

Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
These websites list Limbaughs sponsors, boycott them if you wish.
Boycott Rush Limbaugh and his advertisers and sponsors

StopRush: Rush Limbaugh Sponsor List
Trust me when I tell you...if he told them to hate Jesus, they'd do it. If 9 outta 10 of these Repub posters met him in person, they'd faint. He's the closest thing you can get to being a deity on Earth to conservatives.

Listen to how they start panting and breathing all heavy when they call his show. It's hilarious. The guys are worse than the women.

They usually spend the first minute of the call praising him and telling him how wonderful he is. If they weren't time limited, they'd offer him their wives after 3 or 4 minutes.

Rush ain't going nowhere. Believe that. He's too popular.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM

20,409 posts, read 12,311,635 times
Quote:
The difference between the two of us is that you were trying to be s m r t. I was reflecting the asinine nature of your comment…

Old 05-06-2013, 02:12 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Could be since his big mouth finally sunk his ship...........

'"Rush Limbaugh may not renew his contract with the Cumulus Media in response to repeated criticism from the network’s CEO over Limbaugh’s offensive comments about Sandra Fluke, which allegedly lost the company millions of dollars in advertising revenue."

Rush Limbaugh may leave radio network over advertising fallout - Salon.com
This comes from Salon.com so I take it with a grain of salt, but on the other hand, maybe he is just tired of doing the same thing year in and year out. I am sure he doesn't need the money or the headaches. of course his ego may keep him on the air forever, if not the station he is on now, he will be someplace. He will give it up only when he is ready.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Personally, I hope he stays forever.

He does more damage to the Republican party than anyone I can think of.
I guess he does about as much damage to the right as, say, Matthews does to the left or maybe Bill Maher?

Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,221,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Listen to how they start panting and breathing all heavy when they call his show. It's hilarious. The guys are worse than the women.

They usually spend the first minute of the call praising him and telling him how wonderful he is. If they weren't time limited, they'd offer him their wives after 3 or 4 minutes.
That's just.......gross.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trust me when I tell you...if he told them to hate Jesus, they'd do it. If 9 outta 10 of these Repub posters met him in person, they'd faint. He's the closest thing you can get to being a deity on Earth to conservatives.

Rush ain't going nowhere. Believe that. He's too popular.
Yeah, I know, it's sometimes called stroking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess he does about as much damage to the right as, say, Matthews does to the left or maybe Bill Maher?
Not even. Close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies