Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:25 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
HARDEST but best (and courageous) CHOICE for you THREE...(and certainly not the most popular)...

A-D-O-P-T-I-O-N!

And before I get pummeled by the peanut gallery, YES pickle is intimately familiar with all aspects of adoption. That is why I can recommend and suggest it.
I agree with the adoption IF the woman wants to actually carry the child to full term and will actually relinquish the baby when the time comes. It is too risky in my opinion for a woman who does not want to be pregnant and have a child to be coerced into adoption. She may or may not take care of herself properly, she may or may not drink or do drugs, she may or may not have random sex with others and get some sort of disease that will adversely affect the baby. To many what risk factors especially when one is so unknown to the other.

In this case which is rare for me I agree with the abortion simply because of the high risk factors for this baby.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I agree with the adoption IF the woman wants to actually carry the child to full term and will actually relinquish the baby when the time comes. It is too risky in my opinion for a woman who does not want to be pregnant and have a child to be coerced into adoption. She may or may not take care of herself properly, she may or may not drink or do drugs, she may or may not have random sex with others and get some sort of disease that will adversely affect the baby. To many what risk factors especially when one is so unknown to the other.

In this case which is rare for me I agree with the abortion simply because of the high risk factors for this baby.
Agree with this. Adoption should not be an option when the women has already decided she does not want the baby.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM

550 posts, read 984,516 times
Neither of you are responsible enough to be parents. You both messed up. You didn't wear protection and she was out doing other guys at the same time as you.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,543,192 times
About all you can do at this point is let her know your feelings and that you'll support whatever decision she makes. This assumes you're willing to support her and the baby should she decide to go through with the pregnancy. If you're not willing to do so, then let her know.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
I met her and banged her during the second week of April. She told me she slept with one other guy the following week however she used a condom, but she is saying the condom broke :/ I'm going to talk to her more, but I have a feeling I can convince her to keep the child, I just don't know if I want to convince her. That's basically what I'm struggling with right now.
You want to convince a woman who sleeps with a different man every week to become a mother?

Also, what does the "Dr" in your name stand for? Surely not "physician." Because if you're a physician, you should know how to determine whether the kid is yours by asking her about her period, whether she is regular, and whether she took the test after she actually missed a period, or a few days before she anticipated getting her period. You would know that when she took the test in relation to her sexual activity and period matters because OTC pregnancy tests are not accurate until 6 days before a missed period. With the help of a calendar, you would be able to calculate the approximate date of conception based on the information she gave you about her period and the actual date you had sex, and therefore you would be able to make an educated guess on the chances of the kid being yours.

That still doesn't change the fact that the choice is hers, though.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:41 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Just write her a check and be done with it, lesson learned. There are risks to casual sex, and you my friend ran out of luck. Suck it up and keep your drama to yourself. If this were a girlfriend I would have a different opinion.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
You should be celebrating. It's usually the other way around. The guy wants to abortion and she wants to keep it

Old 05-07-2013, 11:48 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
To be honest, I'd watch REAL closely to make sure she proceeds with the abortion. This has so much potential for drama. If she proceeds with abortion, I'd want to get some papers or something so I'm not up at night wondering about this situation. If she decides not to go through with it, go from there.

(DISCLAIMER: I am mostly against abortion but do support use of Plan B.)

Old 05-07-2013, 12:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
What you should do, if you don't want her to have an abortion, is go to a lawyer, and have a written contract drawn up, that say when the baby is born you will have sole custody for life.

Of course, this means you will have to do like most young single parents, and quit your schooling/career and go on welfare until the child starts school. And you should plan on not having a full night's sleep for the next two years, and not getting laid for longer than that.

Be sure the contract includes a payment to her for whatever the usual is these days in surrogacy agreements. After all, she may have permanant damage to her body, including sexual function, and desereves compensation for that risk. And of course you will be paying the massive bills for prenatal care and hospital, extra food and vitamins, maternity clothes when she can no longer fit into her others, etc.

By all means, go for it.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
What you should do, if you don't want her to have an abortion, is go to a lawyer, and have a written contract drawn up, that say when the baby is born you will have sole custody for life.

Of course, this means you will have to do like most young single parents, and quit your schooling/career and go on welfare until the child starts school. And you should plan on not having a full night's sleep for the next two years, and not getting laid for longer than that.

Be sure the contract includes a payment to her for whatever the usual is these days in surrogacy agreements. After all, she may have permanant damage to her body, including sexual function, and desereves compensation for that risk. And of course you will be paying the massive bills for prenatal care and hospital, extra food and vitamins, maternity clothes when she can no longer fit into her others, etc.

By all means, go for it.
This is a great suggestion. I believe surrogates charge up to $15,000 plus medical expenses. She will need a gym membership afterwards too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies