Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 11:48 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Neither are American or any other women.

Whats your point

I broaden my search for a partner by filling out a profile and dating women who I meet online. But as soon as I cross some arbitrary geo political border somehow my motives have changed because you or someone else says so

I could GAF what anyone else thinks

TYVM
my point is that their is this belief that these women are loyal, subservient, feminine, etc. all the things that American women supposedly are not and it isn't true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 11:49 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You realize VAWA laws apply to you too, right? If your gf wants to accuse you of something you go straight to jail.
I am a woman hahaha (MauriceP is my nick) and I am glad that the laws protect women here so much. I know for a fact in other countries women get killed and nothing happens.

And I do not abuse people... so I do not think I would be accused of anything like that.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
How do you know they lied? Abuse is not only physical. Abuse can be mental too. Why do you assume they lied.
Because there is no requirement for them to tell the truth and no punishment for lying. Even in cases where the man is abusive - something the woman should have figured out - I don't think they should be getting special rights. The gov is here to serve the US citizens.

Quote:
As I understand it, VAWA (and DV laws in general) don't require the man to actually be abusive. The woman just has to say that he is. There is no punishment for the woman if she lies.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
because a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Sorry but based on the story that you told, he basically just wanted a wife and wasn't really in love....like many men who import their wives. So what would your husband have done had their marriage visa been approved? And why was he already moving on to another relationship while still in the process of attempting to get a marriage visa fro another women. And what type of woman is ok with dating a man who is in the middle of attempting to gain a marriage visa for another woman? So basically your husband cheated on his fiancé with you.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
You did not feel like you couldn't trust him after that?
it caused a riff, but I think the distance between him and her and the fact that I was the one living with him kind of buffered the situation.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Because there is no requirement for them to tell the truth and no punishment for lying. Even in cases where the man is abusive - something the woman should have figured out - I don't think they should be getting special rights. The gov is here to serve the US citizens.
That does not mean the victim is lying. It does not bother me that they get their papers. At least they have a way out.

Better that then getting killed by some loser that had to travel overseas to get laid.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,001 times
Because anyone who has spent the last 10 years follwing the developments of these laws knows how they are abused. Every foreign women who comes here can recite chapter and verse any visa regulations laws and policies that apply to them and know the VAWA like the back of their hand. Even though the foriegn women who would use the laws to enter the country fraudulently and make false claims of abuse is tiny, it does happen.

Thank the womens movement and the feminazis driving it for these half baked laws written by lobbyists. The family courts in this country are ajoke

Quote:
How do you know they lied? Abuse is not only physical. Abuse can be mental too. Why do you assume they lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it caused a riff, but I think the distance between him and her and the fact that I was the one living with him kind of buffered the situation.
It would have been a deal breaker for me. JMO.

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but based on the story that you told, he basically just wanted a wife and wasn't really in love....
I think there are a lot of reasons why mail order brides are such a hot business, mostly, for sex with a vulnerable, young, and many times, pretty, woman.

Also, I can envision circumstances where the man is a total douche, and he figures the language barrier could mask the... uh, douchness (I couldn't think of a good word for that)

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, I've heard similar. The major complaint seems to be that white women actually expect their men to talk to them and stuff. The nerve.
I don't think that's it...it's usually under this idea that many of these women have unrealistic expectations of these men. They want to be wined, dined, given huge rings, big weddings, big houses and they demand husbands with jobs that they can brag to their friends about. A lot of these guys are just average men and don't have it like they're stereotypically suppose to. I'm not saying that this is true, but I've heard quite explain it in this way.

Now from what I've myself seen--a lot of white guys are into Asian women because in many cases, it is easier for them to simply start up a conversation with them with a lesser chance of being turned down. Quite a few of the women present themselves well, have good personalities and aren't a big adventure to what they typically find attractive (light skin, long hair etc). Plus, they are generally considered to make good wives and mothers.

And I've seen it quite a few times in bars...a white guy approaches a trio of Asian women, offers to buy them drinks...and it's all smiles....same white guy does that to average white female trio...and he's sized up and dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies