U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Northern CA
12,770 posts, read 10,875,799 times
Reputation: 4252

Advertisements

It's Biden talking about soldiers dying, but NBC edited it to make it look like he was talking about children and gun violence. See for yourself. They have been forced to apologize. Why anybody watches this garbage channel is beyond me.

MSNBC Forced to Apologize After Egregiously Taking Quotes Out of Context for Gun Control Segment | Pakalert Press

MSNBC host Thomas Roberts on Friday aired a portion of Vice President Joe Biden’s speech given at a plaque dedication remembering the Americans lost in the Benghazi terror attack and falsely claimed he was mourning “children as the victims of gun violence.” Roberts was discussing Biden’s reported plans to make a second push for gun control after losing in the first round.

Later on Friday, “The Cycle” co-host Touré issued an apology on behalf of MSNBC, calling the out-of-context video a “producer error.” He also said that the network regrets the mistake, according to NRO.

This isn’t the first time MSNBC has been caught either deceptively or selectively editing video clips — far from it:
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 79,422,647 times
Reputation: 27671
So easy to just say "oops..my bad" and move on.
Meanwhile the tape aired and people heard what they heard.

Propaganda at its finest and how they wiggle out of it when caught.

Notice the FCC doesn't take action anymore on issues like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 AM
 
1,730 posts, read 1,285,915 times
Reputation: 760
No comments from the douchebag left yet?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 AM
 
42,438 posts, read 23,285,653 times
Reputation: 9911
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
No comments from the douchebag left yet?
WHen that's your "norm" they have nothing to comment on..it's normal....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
 
4,838 posts, read 3,930,614 times
Reputation: 1835
I have nothing to say because I don't watch that channel, don't have cable. However, let's not forget the love Fox has of editing videos as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 79,422,647 times
Reputation: 27671
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WHen that's your "norm" they have nothing to comment on..it's normal....
Hey..it's totally acceptable because..in Pelosi's famous words.."Whatever it takes" and if it takes splicing tape to get support than that's what it takes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
 
42,438 posts, read 23,285,653 times
Reputation: 9911
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I have nothing to say because I don't watch that channel, don't have cable. However, let's not forget the love Fox has of editing videos as well.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and don't forget it all BUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fault....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 9,662,176 times
Reputation: 2532
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's Biden talking about soldiers dying, but NBC edited it to make it look like he was talking about children and gun violence. See for yourself. They have been forced to apologize. Why anybody watches this garbage channel is beyond me.

MSNBC Forced to Apologize After Egregiously Taking Quotes Out of Context for Gun Control Segment | Pakalert Press

MSNBC host Thomas Roberts on Friday aired a portion of Vice President Joe Biden’s speech given at a plaque dedication remembering the Americans lost in the Benghazi terror attack and falsely claimed he was mourning “children as the victims of gun violence.” Roberts was discussing Biden’s reported plans to make a second push for gun control after losing in the first round.

Later on Friday, “The Cycle” co-host Touré issued an apology on behalf of MSNBC, calling the out-of-context video a “producer error.” He also said that the network regrets the mistake, according to NRO.

This isn’t the first time MSNBC has been caught either deceptively or selectively editing video clips — far from it:
How is this a surpise since they follow their president in distortion
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
 
41,059 posts, read 23,709,698 times
Reputation: 13843
lol, they can't keep their lies straight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 12:20 PM
 
22,603 posts, read 20,511,255 times
Reputation: 13192
Its MSNBC, professionalism and journalistic integrity are foreign concepts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top