Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 08:33 AM

54 posts, read 148,711 times

Advertisements

This has been my biggest fear ever since watching Terminator 2 Judgement Day, millions dying in Nuclear war.

I know that sounds comical that i'm referencing a movie, but think about it. I was reading how it's easier for North Korea to hit the West Coast like California/Nevada/AZ etc.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about counter measures, or preventive measures. What does our Military/Navy/Airforce have to intercept a Nuclear missile so it doesn't hit our land?

I feel like any second i'm gonna see on the news "BREAKING NEWS NORTH KOREA HAS LAUNCHED A NUCLEAR MISSILE TOWARDS THE US"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 08:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Your navy in the Sea of Japan will shoot whatever they launch out of the sky, and then NK will get carpet bombed back to the Goryeo Dynasty. There will be no nuclear war with NK.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:45 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
We(the USA)have more goodies than anyone else when it comes to defense, and offense, for that matter.

Things that are "not so classified" aren't even common knowledge to most folks going about their daily business.

The things that are not made known to the general public would probably make our heads spin.

The only thing I'm worried about with the Korea situation, is how a "flare up" of violence would affect our economy, and our wallets in our day to day life.

Since the USA made ourselves vulnerable to economic blackmail, by making stupid trade deals, we put ourselves here.

CN

Old 04-15-2017, 08:49 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
The only prize I see is it puts Russia on deck for another war to keep a communist government in power. Russia may not be ready to stretch its resources so these hostilities might be a bargaining chip to get Russia out of somewhere else.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:51 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
It does worry me. This is another problem that is exclusively due to the failed Obama administration.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:56 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
North Korea will only launch, or attempt to launch, missiles if they are attacked first.
Nukes are a deterrent, MAD, mutually assured destruction.
If (when?) we attack first we better be fast enough to take out out ALL missiles before they can rain hell on Seoul.
But Trump is a tough guy who's willing to fight to the last South Korean.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:20 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
North Korea will only launch, or attempt to launch, missiles if they are attacked first.
Nukes are a deterrent, MAD, mutually assured destruction.
If (when?) we attack first we better be fast enough to take out out ALL missiles before they can rain hell on Seoul.
But Trump is a tough guy who's willing to fight to the last South Korean.
Rain hell on Seoul.....LOL.....

As a person who has flown over South Korea, for nearly 5 years, flown the DMZ numerous times, I can pretty much guarantee no hell will be brought to Seoul.....

As a side note, SK wants to invade NK, been that way for a long time.....

Old 04-15-2017, 09:30 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorphilips View Post
Good to know guys, i'm literally locked and loaded with all my guns.....but that ain't crap in a Nuclear war lol.
Well, if such a war causes crazy social calamity, you may need them to stop your neighbors from taking all you have.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It does worry me. This is another problem that is exclusively due to the failed Obama administration.
Horse pucky! You can put the blame for this right on back to Eisenhower, should you choose to think of blame as a worthwhile endeavour.

The U.S. and others got involved without the will to carry through, having just come out of the carnage of WWII. This is proven by just such as happened later in Vietnam. No will to carry on.

War weariness is measurable and should be considered before firing shot number one.

Now the problem is one of the greatest superpower on earth having been involved in a never ending series of military boondoggles with no tangible or discernable positive result, it cannot sustain seeing more coffins, amputees and budgetary excesses to the extent the "war weariness" sets in far earlier in any conflict to ever allow success.

The most graphic example of this was Mogadishu and how quickly a decision was made to sacrifice those already dead to what amounted to nothing more than an 'ooopsy, didn't see that one coming' moment.

War is a last resort option but all too often it is thought of as a stop-gap measure.

Needing to go a few decades to recharge the "war tolerance" batteries but never getting the opportunity to do so is what's causing the problem.

Those who will never see the battlefield or even the resultant losses are the ones making the decisions to feed the MIC another buffet.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:44 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Yes, I worry. There's a maniac in charge in NK and we have at best a very unstable POTUS in the WH.

I keep hoping cooler heads prevail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies