U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 PM

22,039 posts, read 13,140,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
lol, talk about rambling. Why don't you stop lying about me changing the subject, mkay? Everything posted in here has been correlated to health care. Feel free to perpetuate the lie that Canadian health care is ideal for America though... (And I wouldn't feel too proud of being twice as old as me. )

Make no mistake about it, I am NOT like every other American, thank God. We've put the likes of Obama and Bush in office the last four terms; thanks to those "average" Americans you are referring to me "not reflecting." Who in their right mind could in any way be proud of those two bafoons, not to mention the hundreds of loon congress members and senators?
I believe my term was "scatter gunning" but whatever.

"Everything posted in here has been correlated to health care" aah, O.K., I guess I just misread your reference to us relying upon your military for protection.

While on the topic of lying; I did not ever suggest that Universal Health Care (Canadian Health Care as you mistakenly call it) would be ideal for your country. Find that post and quote it up here for us all to see please.

I sure as hell am proud of being more than twice as old as you. Once you gain the objectivity of maturity you'll understand why.

Maturity would restrain you from characterizing your fellow Americans as being less than sensible for exercising their freedom to vote as they choose for whoever.

Now why don't we get back on topic and chat about any type of health care you think would be suitable for your country; I'm game.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 PM

1,482 posts, read 2,003,280 times
Quote:
I never said the American health care system was perfect; far from it. When you are charged $10.00 for an aspirin at an American hospital something is seriously wrong. I only post in this thread to challenge the Canadian (and American) voices that perpetuate this idea that Canada is SO MUCH BETTER, when in reality that is just a lie. There are good and bad in both systems of health, I just don't like it when the anti-American stuff flies rampant, and trust me as a independent (politically and socially) individual myself I can tell you I have an equal amount of disdain for both neocons and liberals alike.

Why don't you Canadians stop lying about all-things Canada making America look draconian?

The fact of the matter is EVERYTHING in Canada is more expensive, and some times significantly more. This is not entirely accurate, but gives you ballpark for some living necesities. I do believe on average a gallon of gas in Canada is $2.00 more per gallon (US), for example. Cost Of Living Comparison Between Canada And United States

So you're talking to someone who has cousins there, a sister there, nieces and nephews there and someone who has also been to three provinces. I know far more than the average American you serve to misinform about how superior you fair country is. Love Canada - love the land and the culture - but dang if I haven't in my life run into too many holier-than-thou types from Canuckistan in my time (30 years, lol) quick to label us Yanks a bunch of gun-toting poor people-hating redneck types. You Canadians do nothing to serve your purpose with such pompous attitudes.
Well you must admit Americans trying to get into Canada while having a pistol in the car hardly helps.
Do some Americans believe Canada is already the 51 state ?

Health care, hmm, can you point out where the US system is better than Australia's health care ?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,758,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
In 1997, Jacques Chaouilli, MD, a family physician in Montreal, Quebec, decided he could no longer tolerate seeing his patients suffer—sometimes die—lingering on waiting lists for treatment and/or specialty care. He started a private emergency housecall service that got shut down by the government because of its prohibition of private health care. He then decided to challenge Canada’s law prohibiting patients from seeking—and doctors from providing—private health care outside of the government run single-payer monopoly health care system.
In an interview in 2009 by the Los Angeles Times, Dr. Day said, in justifying the proliferation of private clinics, "What we have in Canada is access to a government, state-mandated wait list… You cannot force a citizen in a free and democratic society to simply wait for healthcare, and outlaw their ability to extricate themselves from a wait list."

The Canadian experience provides an opportunity to anticipate the future of health care delivery in the United States.

Read the entire article here;

The Depressing Future of American Health Care - Reason.com
I don't know much about Canada or their health care but it is rather funny that all polling shows they are satisfied with what they have and more positive than Americans are towards ours.
Healthcare System Ratings: U.S., Great Britain, Canada

Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 PM

39,214 posts, read 18,745,240 times
I love when someone reads an article and then tells you what life is like in another country. Cracks me up every time.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 PM

27,453 posts, read 11,897,671 times
Quote:
In 1997, Jacques Chaouilli, MD, a family physician in Montreal, Quebec, decided he could no longer tolerate seeing his patients suffer—sometimes die—lingering on waiting lists for treatment and/or specialty care. He started a private emergency housecall service that got shut down by the government because of its prohibition of private health care. He then decided to challenge Canada’s law prohibiting patients from seeking—and doctors from providing—private health care outside of the government run single-payer monopoly health care system.
In an interview in 2009 by the Los Angeles Times, Dr. Day said, in justifying the proliferation of private clinics, "What we have in Canada is access to a government, state-mandated wait list… You cannot force a citizen in a free and democratic society to simply wait for healthcare, and outlaw their ability to extricate themselves from a wait list."

The Canadian experience provides an opportunity to anticipate the future of health care delivery in the United States.

Read the entire article here;

The Depressing Future of American Health Care - Reason.com

Our healthcare system sucks. It takes me forever to get an appointment and then they just rush me out. I have high cholesterol and they make me get it checked monthly with bloodwork. Do you think they could just tell me the results over the phone. Oh no, I have to go in and pay their fee to tell me the meds are working

Old 05-10-2013, 09:49 AM

30,904 posts, read 19,012,500 times
Quote:
Why don't you Canadians stop lying about all-things Canada making America look draconian?

The fact of the matter is EVERYTHING in Canada is more expensive, and some times significantly more. This is not entirely accurate, but gives you ballpark for some living necesities. I do believe on average a gallon of gas in Canada is $2.00 more per gallon (US), for example. Cost Of Living Comparison Between Canada And United States

So you're talking to someone who has cousins there, a sister there, nieces and nephews there and someone who has also been to three provinces. I know far more than the average American you serve to misinform about how superior you fair country is. Love Canada - love the land and the culture - but dang if I haven't in my life run into too many holier-than-thou types from Canuckistan in my time (30 years, lol) quick to label us Yanks a bunch of gun-toting poor people-hating redneck types. You Canadians do nothing to serve your purpose with such pompous attitudes.
Good post. There is a reason 90% of Canadians live within 50 miles of the US border.

And BTW, please don't refer to Americans as "Yanks". That's offensive to some of us.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM

22,039 posts, read 13,140,153 times
Quote:
Good post. There is a reason 90% of Canadians live within 50 miles of the US border.

And BTW, please don't refer to Americans as "Yanks". That's offensive to some of us.

Well, there you are Roadking, right on cue and having missed reading the thread you've taken a snippet from Govie's post and attributed it to someone on here calling you a yank ~ WRONG, as usual.

No one has called you folks "Yanks" in this thread. That was just Govie ( an American) in the middle of a temper tantrum tirade asserting something she's tired of hearing.

I haven't heard that word used to describe Americans (regardless of north or south extraction) in over 30 years at least.

Brother, now you've narrowed it down from 200 to only 50 miles from your border where 90% of us live. As if needed, yet another testament to the erosion of quality in your education system.

We've already answered that silly assertion any number of times on here but of course you haven't bothered to read any of those posts have you? Less than .01% of Canadians seeking health care below the 49th and over 600,000 fraudulent applications from Americans seeking health care in Canada in one 6 month period alone, but hey, who bothers to count when one has rumour, speculation and that false superiority ego bullcrap going for them.

Care to have at it again though and give me another opportunity to post 30 or 40 links to the contrary, sourced from your own country, by telling us all exactly what "that" (as in singular) reason might be?

I sense you're one of those, who when asked why you are banging your head against the wall, replies "because it feels so good when I stop" kinda guys.

This should be immensely entertaining!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:02 AM

30,904 posts, read 19,012,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

We've already answered that silly assertion any number of times on here but of course you haven't bothered to read any of those posts have you? Less than .01% of Canadians seeking health care below the 49th and over 600,000 fraudulent applications from Americans seeking health care in Canada in one 6 month period alone, but hey, who bothers to count when one has rumour, speculation and that false superiority ego bullcrap going for them.

Care to have at it again though and give me another opportunity to post 30 or 40 links to the contrary, sourced from your own country, by telling us all exactly what "that" (as in singular) reason might be?

I sense you're one of those, who when asked why you are banging your head against the wall, replies "because it feels so good when I stop" kinda guys.

This should be immensely entertaining!
Yes, you are entertaining. Always good for a giggle.

Any fool knows when something is free you get more demand for it. That's why so many Americans go to Canada for health care even though the waiting lines are long. They think it's worth a long wait to get something free.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 PM

41,955 posts, read 21,571,824 times
Quote:
Any fool knows when something is free you get more demand for it.
Yeah, health checks are SO fun. There's blood being drawn, wearing a paper gown, peeing in a cup - and as your age increases, who knows, a prostate exam or even that laugh-a-minute event called a colonoscopy?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:48 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,774,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The USA will become a state of Mexico before that happens. Canadians have as much interest in being part of the USA as they have in cutting their arms off.
They seem to have zero problem, coming from New Brunswick into Maine for work, or shopping at Wal*Mart or the local stores in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies