Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,721,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Some people just can't say anything thing good about Obama.
I can, if that man can be elected president the standard for being elected is soo low anybody can be elected

Old 05-14-2013, 04:39 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,196,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I can, if that man can be elected president the standard for being elected is soo low anybody can be elected
Wahhhhhh The US is about to become a net exporter of oil under Obama Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-14-2013, 04:43 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,721,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Wahhhhhh The US is about to become a net exporter of oil under Obama Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
not if the EPA has anything to say/do about it....and you are aware we should be sending our oul to market but using it to power and improve this nation, not India and china.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 AM

77,015 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeNicholas80 View Post
Investing in the domestic oil and gas fields seems to be a good bet when compared to overseas projects, due to the uncertain nature of the political and economic environment in other countries. Moreover, investing in domestic projects will result in job creation for residents.
Yes, plus we have plenty of oil, the right tecnology and plenty of permits to get it out.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:50 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,196,696 times
Quote:
not if the EPA has anything to say/do about it....and you are aware we should be sending our oul to market but using it to power and improve this nation, not India and china.
The EPA got bought out a long time ago.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,423,841 times
Quote:
Hey yeah, maybe you could even get elected.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,423,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
North Dakota isn't the only area seeing a boom in jobs and economic strength due to domestic oil and gas production and increases in that production. South Texas is booming, as well as the northeast area (Marcellas Shale spreads out over several states in the northeast). However, working in the Marcellas Shale is often impeded by a tangle of bureaucratic impediments.

Business continues to grow in California, Oklahoma, and West Virginia as well. Other areas too - but those I listed are the busiest right now.

Watch for more movement in the Brown Dense formation in southwest Arkansas and northwest Louisiana as well. And when natural gas prices increase again (and they will) we'll see that area boom again as well.

These jobs have GREAT pay by the way - even for entry level positions. If you want to break into that sector, get your CDL and HazMat certifications (should be able to get both those in about 2 months, for under $5000 - a very good investment of time and money) and you should be able to land a job making $50,000 plus THE FIRST YEAR WITH NO EXPERIENCE. Progression through the pay grades is brisk. With many of these jobs, you can choose a schedule that allows you to work two weeks straight and be off an entire week - two weeks on, one week off.

My husband is an oil and gas consultant so he's moved through the ranks over the past thirty five years, and he's now got a TERRIFIC schedule - two weeks on and two weeks off. It's like having half a year of vacation time!!!!! And believe me, we use a lot of it for vacations. With the terrific pay, we can well afford to pump even more money back into our local economy - and beyond.

That's a bennie that some people overlook, by the way. It's not just oil and gas companies and their employees who benefit from this industry - it's entire states and towns and infrastructures and a wide range of industries.
I know last summer when I went to visit family in WV - I had a hard time finding hotels during the week because every single one in that small town was full with Marcella Shale employees.

This happened about three times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies