Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I read this quote one time, and now can't find it

Basically it goes like this. how do we know Governments are not aware of UFOs and aliens?

Because of govt. incentives. Govt only goals are to grow and gain power. Bad Guys are important to let us build bombs, ships. Think of us and how we are always under the Yolk of some threat (USSR, Terrorists, etc).

Alien Races would be a blank check to our government. They could scare the bejesus out of us with their existence and we would give them a blank check to protect us.

It is in our govt. interest to reveal, not hide, aliens

and I don't believe in people doing things against their interest
That's your explanation as to why the OP's post was not true?

It would blow people's mind if they knew there were aliens here on earth or visiting us. It blows my mind and I've met people who've claimed to have seen UFO's. That's why I think it would be a cover up. And honestly, this is one of those issues where I think its best to keep it from the public.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,102,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I read this quote one time, and now can't find it

Alien Races would be a blank check to our government. They could scare the bejesus out of us with their existence and we would give them a blank check to protect us.

It is in our govt. interest to reveal, not hide, aliens

and I don't believe in people doing things against their interest
How much do you think the US spends on Defense?

How much do you know about the so-called "Black Projects"?
Do you know how they are funded?

Perhaps you should do some research on this, and you may learn something about the so-called "Secret Government".

Not heard of it?
Do you think we ELECT presidents? Or do you think both candidates are Pre-SELECTED for us?
I think the answer is pretty obvious.
Why does it happen like that? Who benefits?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Just WATCH THE FIRST VIDEO :

'Deathbed Testimony' About UFOs Given By Former CIA Official 2013 - YouTube

Surely, you can invest one minute, and then decide if you want to watch the rest of the 17 minutes...

(As I said above):
"Take a look / please WATCH at least part 1, then maybe we can discuss it...
And particularly, what needs to be done."

Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 AM

580 posts, read 964,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Mod, please move this thread to the Conspiracy Theories Forum. There's not one?!? Please see OP as to why C-D needs one.
That sounds like a good idea.

On the issue of the aliens, I think we need some kind of open conversation about UFOs and their sightings. As I understand, Mexico has been very open about the subject to their citizenry. Of course this should all be put on the back burner until all other international, political, economic, medical, etc. issues are resolved.

while it's true that they may exist and a threat from above is possible, we have bigger problems in the world at the moment. Unless we have spaceships landing and shooting off ray guns or some kind of message sent from planet Urg of the Crab Nebula saying they're coming for us and we have to surrender within the next week, this isn't our top priority.

Also, while I do love a good conspiracy theory, the use of stock conspiracy enemies and reference to conspiracies hurts your chances of taking the topic seriously. At least in the Politics forum.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Pretty cool topic.

It would only make sense that we're not alone in such a massive galaxy.

It definitely fits the mode of controversial. And its a lot better then hearing grown adults calling each other names all day.

Some people are just so close minded. I mean, even for someone like myself who does believe in God, it's silly to think that in a universe that is seemingly endless, that we're the only ones out there.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
That sounds like a good idea.

On the issue of the aliens, I think we need some kind of open conversation about UFOs and their sightings. As I understand, Mexico has been very open about the subject to their citizenry. Of course this should all be put on the back burner until all other international, political, economic, medical, etc. issues are resolved.

while it's true that they may exist and a threat from above is possible, we have bigger problems in the world at the moment. Unless we have spaceships landing and shooting off ray guns or some kind of message sent from planet Urg of the Crab Nebula saying they're coming for us and we have to surrender within the next week, this isn't our top priority.

Also, while I do love a good conspiracy theory, the use of stock conspiracy enemies and reference to conspiracies hurts your chances of taking the topic seriously. At least in the Politics forum.
Brazil is having a major Conference/ Hearing on UFOs this month also. Many countries are ahead of the US on Disclosure, and the country is likely not to be the first country to make the BIG announcement.

OF COURSE IT IS ABOUT POLITICS - it is political pressure from the US (and it's "owners" which has kept other countries from Disclosing earlier.) But now the pressure to make Disclosure is growing fast.

Check the Video at the end of the 5 day conference - it has a great summary of an excellent conference:

Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure May 3rd, 2013 Part 4 - YouTube

Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Some people are just so close minded. I mean, even for someone like myself who does believe in God, it's silly to think that in a universe that is seemingly endless, that we're the only ones out there.
There is an excellent chance that The Vatican will be the first to disclose the ET presence on our planet.

The Catholic church has already said that it would be willing to Baptize "space brothers"

Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's your explanation as to why the OP's post was not true?

It would blow people's mind if they knew there were aliens here on earth or visiting us. It blows my mind and I've met people who've claimed to have seen UFO's. That's why I think it would be a cover up. And honestly, this is one of those issues where I think its best to keep it from the public.
How would it "blow our mind"?

Seriously, you have watched to many movies (Men In Black). That is the hollywood explanation for why govt hides stuff. . and you know what, its old. Blood Oath came up with some ideas more credible on why to hide.

It won't blow the mind. We know this universe is infinite in size (almost) and we know life must exist elsewhere. We are doubtful that life can make it here. . .

but blow our mind? Riots in the streets. . . These things feed a govt. It doesn't topple a govt. Blowing our mind and scaring us IS THEIR GOAL to gain power.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:56 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
How much do you think the US spends on Defense?

How much do you know about the so-called "Black Projects"?
Do you know how they are funded?
Its not signficant compared to military spending, which is being downsized. We would be growing the military and our anti-space technology. You want it secret? ha. You think Boeing, Raytheon, etc would allow this to be kept secret when these companies would be HUGE winners? You think anything that makes men rich could be kept secret! HA

companies control govt. secrets that make companies rich do not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
Perhaps you should do some research on this, and you may learn something about the so-called "Secret Government".

Not heard of it?
Do you think we ELECT presidents? Or do you think both candidates are Pre-SELECTED for us?
I think the answer is pretty obvious.
Why does it happen like that? Who benefits?

Heh, see the deep end. You just stepped off of it.

and this "Citizen" Forum is Bull#@#$. It was just a bunch of crazies spotting theories to some people paid to be there

Believe in UFOs? Highlights of the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure

"The Citizen Hearing on Disclosure is not a real congressional hearing. For a stipend of $20,000, six former members of Congress are sitting at the National Press Club and listening to 30 hours of testimony about UFOs. All of this is being filmed for a documentary."

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Give the size and complexity of the universe combined with the fact we are here lets me conclude we are not the only sentient species around. Given the speed of light makes me certain they are just as stuck in their solar system as we are in this one.

These "conferences" appear to be self fulfilling prophecies based on the concept that if we talk enough about something it must be true. This can be fun but don’t take it seriously. That will waste your time and your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies