Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,425,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
Your logic escapes me here.
I cannot see any consistency in your argument at all
You ask me to believe in a well oiled machine that works perfectly not just in the 50s but into 2013 where Wikileaks and YouTube reign and no real control is possible.

This would require a government more powerful, more capable, and more successful than any government in history. . .and the US is very low on that list (thanks to free press, freedom to travel, etc)

You ask too much

This Govt. can not plan and execute terrorist bombings, blow up WTC, blow up marathons, or hide aliens. There is no incentive there is no way to power there is no capability.

You look at this and argue malice

I only see incompetence

Hide aliens

might as well tell me they hide God and Elvis too

Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Do they vote for Democrats or Republicans and what's the carbon footprint of their flying saucer ?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,098,259 times
Chris,

Thanks for your comments here.
But I really wonder if you have watched ANY of the testimony at the CHD Hearings. Have you?

If not, and the topic interests you, I recommend getting hold of a CD or link to the testimony.
It may be an eye-opener for you.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,098,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Do they vote for Democrats or Republicans and what's the carbon footprint of their flying saucer ?
John.
This UFO/ET issue is now moving beyond the Ridicule phase.
You have been programmed by the MSM media to think that way.
Don't you think it is time to think for yourself, and examine the evidence here ?

I have a bet that Disclosure will happen / is happening within this year.
And I am now VERY confident that I am winning the bet.

Maybe you should do some research and find out why

Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,767,343 times
Quote:
John.
[b]I have a bet that Disclosure will happen / is happening within this year.
Disclosure by whom? Is your bet that by the end of 2013, Barack Obama will hold a press conference to tell us that we're not alone and that alien lifeforms are visiting Earth? IMO, if the disclosure you speak of is anything other than that, you should lose the bet.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
The question should be: How credible a source is Anony.?

We will know far more when Linda Moulton Howe's extensive interview material is released, and he has been identified by name, so we can check his bonafides.

+ What does he have to gain or lose by giving this testimony?
(He would appear to be putting himself and his family at risk by making these revelations, and this is a huge point in his favor)
Maybe he got paid 20,000 to testify like the pannel members did and if he's lying then your "he would appear to be putting himself and his family at risk" would be an enormously incorrect assumption.

I mean really, if I claimed that vampires were hiding among us you would logically have to respond that I must be telling the truth because I was putting myself at risk in coming forward.

Now you tell me that the main person behind all this is just no identifying anonymous but waited until after the conference? That's odd.

Ok, what's his name? It would only take a couple days for a competant investigator to find out if his backstory matches up.

I'm sorry, your claiming he's telling the truth because "it sounds right to you" while calling everyone else asleep and so forth is pretty insulting.

Don't say you want to analyze things and when questioned start waving your hands.

Let's find out about the key witness. Name and verify his history. Basic stuff.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,360,697 times
I find this topic very intriguing. In a way, I WISH it were true, and I have suspicions that it is. I DID watch the two videos linked in the OP, but after seeing them, I have to say I am not convinced.
  • I really don't feel Anonymous was very convincing, and would like to see some facts backing up his assertions.
  • I too noticed one of the congresspeople stating he was paid to attend. That makes me question the entire validity of this conference.
  • Many of them seemed to be hawking books, like Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert. That is a red flag for me.
  • One of the other videos on the site was about that little Sirius creature, which further searching showed me (HuffPo) that it was indeed found to have human DNA (hey, aliens might have human DNA, too, especially if we were made in their image), but still, if the other videos were hearsay and anecdotes with no real evidence, I can't say this conference was such a slam-dunk.
I DO believe there is something to the alien/ufo story, and I really kinda want to believe in some of the Ancient Astronauts type theories, as they DO try to explain where mankind's religions came from (all of them talking about beings from the skies, and many of them claiming to have created man in God's image), but for now, it is just entertainment for me, and food for thought.

Sorry that I cannot hold the same level of excitement as the OP with this conference. But after watching the videos, I just came away saying, "oh well".

Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Chris,

Thanks for your comments here.
But I really wonder if you have watched ANY of the testimony at the CHD Hearings. Have you?

If not, and the topic interests you, I recommend getting hold of a CD or link to the testimony.
It may be an eye-opener for you.

Watching not required, you can just read the Wired summary. of course I started it, then said "eck"

I don't watch videos detailing how the holocaust was faked or how the govt. blew up the World Trade Center either..or how Jesus rose from the dead.

If there was real evidence, it wouldn't be some conference where the senators were paid to attend and still blasted the people selling books.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
John.
This UFO/ET issue is now moving beyond the Ridicule phase.
You have been programmed by the MSM media to think that way.
Don't you think it is time to think for yourself, and examine the evidence here ?

I have a bet that Disclosure will happen / is happening within this year.

Maybe you should do some research and find out why

Or I can put a calendar invite to hit this thread again next year and say

NYAH NYAH NYAH

Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,660,981 times
What exactly do you want OP? For us to believe in alien life forms? Fine. I believe in the universe there are alien life forms and, unfortunately, even in our own species.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.