Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:31 AM

38,608 posts, read 26,236,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
birth control does fail at times. a woman could find herself pregnant already have the amount of children she can take care of and afford. just because you find yourself pregnant doesn't mean you have to take the pregnancy to term.

Knowing her circumstances, why would an intelligent and responsible woman not employ several methods of contraception?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 12:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,426,064 times
Leaving the whole abortion issue aside, hearing a lot of really bizarre (and inaccurate) rape scenarios from the right. Just saying. Truly insulting things, and they aren't coming from the Democrats. I've considered myself middle of the road for years, but these politicians are driving me to the left.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:50 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,504,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Abortion stops a learning brain.
Then why don't you go try to have the guts to tell a pregnant woman to not get an abortion, rather than repeatedly boring us with that phrase or something equivalent to it.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,965,811 times
Quote:
We aren't discussing potential life, we are discussing actual life.

Going with your hypothetical situation, unless you were raped, that life came about through an action in which you voluntarily took part.
Voluntarily having sex does not equal consenting to a pregnancy.

Just because I voluntarily get into a car, it does not mean I am volunteering for an accident.

And that's what an involuntary pregnancy is, an accident, to be dealt with which ever way the woman sees fit.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:41 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Just because I voluntarily get into a car, it does not mean I am volunteering for an accident.
Really bad analogy.

It is truly disturbing that you equate human life with auto accidents.

Let Harrier guess - you also equate future babies with cancer.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 AM

18,326 posts, read 18,917,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Knowing her circumstances, why would an intelligent and responsible woman not employ several methods of contraception?
what does "knowing her circumstances" mean, that she is sexual? first it is not anyone's business what type of BC a woman may or may not use. as to a woman that is using BC why should she employ several means of BC when she is already using BC? like swimming you want her to wear a float suit, floaties on her arms and an intertube around her stomach?

Old 04-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Really bad analogy.

It is truly disturbing that you equate human life with auto accidents.

Let Harrier guess - you also equate future babies with cancer.
Spot on analogy.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 PM

5,836 posts, read 5,230,333 times
The Senate Repubs blocked a bill on equal pay this month. But of course there is no war on women.

In 2013, 22 states enacted at total of 70 anti-abortion laws and all of those states are controlled by the Repubs.

What really cracks me up in the state of Nebraska where a 16 year old asked a judge to be able to have an abortion because she felt she wasn't ready to have a child and was in child protective services and couldn't get permission from her parents. The judge denied her saying she wasn't old and mature enough to have an abortion. But, she was old and mature enough to have a kid??!!! WTF??!!!!

This is the party of small government and it just amazes me that they want to keep government just small enough so it fits in a woman's uterus.

Cat

Old 04-22-2014, 06:11 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
The Senate Repubs blocked a bill on equal pay this month. But of course there is no war on women.

In 2013, 22 states enacted at total of 70 anti-abortion laws and all of those states are controlled by the Repubs.

What really cracks me up in the state of Nebraska where a 16 year old asked a judge to be able to have an abortion because she felt she wasn't ready to have a child and was in child protective services and couldn't get permission from her parents. The judge denied her saying she wasn't old and mature enough to have an abortion. But, she was old and mature enough to have a kid??!!! WTF??!!!!

This is the party of small government and it just amazes me that they want to keep government just small enough so it fits in a woman's uterus.
The war is being waged by Democrats who treat women like children and use them as political pawns.

Liberals always use emotional arguments because they can't win a rational debate based on facts.

Your post illustrates how effective they have been at brainwashing people

Cat[

Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The war is being waged by Democrats who treat women like children and use them as political pawns.

Liberals always use emotional arguments because they can't win a rational debate based on facts.

Your post illustrates how effective they have been at brainwashing people

Cat[
BULL

Stop the reverse psychology psycho babble.......NOT WORKING.

In fact, it's insulting that you think women are stupid enough to fall for it. But then, the Republican Party can't seem to help itself when it comes to underestimating and marginalizing women.

Last edited by Annie53; 04-22-2014 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies