Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Really? When I smoke, I get antsy & start cleaning my place or organizing it. I usually can't sit still. I'm known for this amongst my friends, they all want me to come to their place. Golly, I WISH I could be these lazy stoners you keep referring to.

It obviously depends on the individual, the strain, potency, as well as how much you've ingested and the method. I've gotten that "workin' high" that you speak of, and then again there have been times where it's like "DAAAAAAMMMMMNN I gotta sit down!"

Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
When I was a kid, EVERYONE smoked weed. I don't think I knew of a single person who did not. It was a different generation and a lower socio-economic group. Now, I don't think pot is that popular among kids. On UDS checks, we rarely find pot in the urine of youngsters- it is mostly in the 50+ age group.

Age doesn't make a difference in my neck of the woods. But there are a lot of 40 and 50 something people that do it. Funny story... I was at a neighborhood party over the winter, and all of the smokers (both cigarettes and weed) were in the garage. I stepped into the garage to smoke a cigarette, and low and behold there was a joint going around. Well the one guy that was there was like 80 years old, and I look over, and there he is toking up along with everyone else. It was like the equivalent of watching my grandpa get high (he never did obviously).

Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hear, hear ! Had Columbus been on weed perhaps his ambitions might have been dulled a little and he would have stayed at home smoking weed and chilling out in his backyard rather than taking on the unknown world....

Jamaica should be the most intellectually and economically successful country by extension, with everyone an ambitious adventurous go getting population extraordinaire. Having been there many times, the place is full of stoned layabouts , and generally not the most dynamic environment around.

Ok it has given us Reggae but I am not convinced about the intellectual heights and social achievements reached by a country under the influence of Ganja. Certainly a country with a real weed problem.
How often have you been in Jamica? Did you ever venture away from the hotel property, unaccompanied by a tour guide? I've spent a LOT of time there, up in the mountains of Westmoreland, and even helped build a school there. It was needed because I saw too many kids on the beach during school days. Why were they there? It wasn't their turn to wear the one pair of shoes or uniform the family had, that the schools demand. There's some unbelievable poverty, and poor families cannot afford shoes or uniforms.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 PM

945 posts, read 968,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
How often have you been in Jamica? Did you ever venture away from the hotel property, unaccompanied by a tour guide? I've spent a LOT of time there, up in the mountains of Westmoreland, and even helped build a school there. It was needed because I saw too many kids on the beach during school days. Why were they there? It wasn't their turn to wear the one pair of shoes or uniform the family had, that the schools demand. There's some unbelievable poverty, and poor families cannot afford shoes or uniforms.

Don't get too bent at him. People in UK can't even brush their teeth let alone make coherent arguments.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hear, hear ! Had Columbus been on weed perhaps his ambitions might have been dulled a little and he would have stayed at home smoking weed and chilling out in his backyard rather than taking on the unknown world....
And if the Beatles hadn't done drugs they could've just kept pumping out bland pop hits and covering American R&B artists--and things would've been much better in the late 60s for everyone...

Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
And if the Beatles hadn't done drugs they could've just kept pumping out bland pop hits and covering American R&B artists--and things would've been much better in the late 60s for everyone...
Along with these.....

Ted Turner, media mogul, creator of CNN

Stephen King, world's best-selling novelist

Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin, billionaire

Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Never smoked it. Never dropped acid. Never abused prescription drugs. Not sure what fellow citizens find in all this except somehow a need to conform.
thats exactly what it is

Old 05-09-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Damn, you read my mind. Personally, I like to pace myself. A toke or two here, wait an hour or so, maybe another toke or two. Just a nice little hum if you will, and not so baked that I'm freakin' couch locked!
You sound like a person we can probably trust I know successful business owners who do the same, most long time smokers have learned about crossing that line to zombie. That's for kids......

Old 05-09-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
thats exactly what it is
Is this what wine and beer drinkers do also?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
I can't believe the 40 percent figure is accurate. I'd guess 75 percent myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies