Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times

Advertisements

Marijuana, as far as I'm concerned, is MUCH MUCH more benign and safer to consume than alcohol.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:41 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Only 40%? I would think the percentage would be higher.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Marijuana, as far as I'm concerned, is MUCH MUCH more benign and safer to consume than alcohol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Only 40%? I would think the percentage would be higher.
Agreed on both these issues.

What's harder .... Jack Daniels or a joint ?

I've said for years it's the alcohol lobby that keeps pot from being legalized. It will cut into their profits.

The percentage is probably up around 60-70% if the truth be known.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 AM

945 posts, read 967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Oh Darling, how sweet of you ! And I am a liar as well as a simpleton, small person and a good little rescue dog... Well that is quite a package !

Yep I do take drugs. And hate doing so. If I hadn't I would have died of Cancer. Not exactly a choice I wanted to make and fun was not really part of that little adventure.... And I have resisted far more drugs than I have taken.

Perhaps you should increase the weed, if anything can take that nasty little superior attitude ( which you accuse me of, pot? kettle ?) and anger management issues away, that would be something of a positive after all. Aren't we a little angry yapping terrier ? A battered dog to a little yapping barking one, what a fine pair we make.

Neglected, beaten and and scared into those beliefs ? By whom pray do tell, I would love to know.... The psychobabble really does not suit you. Or does it ?

Get off you self righteous high horse and come down and smell the Daisies.

Oh and I do also advocate that people do whatever they wish as long as it does not harm anyone as well.

If your reading comprehension was higher than your charm levels you might have realised this. It does not mean I think it "right" or that I "approve" or even understand it but if you have bothered to read my posts you might have noticed that I do not advocate banning weed simply that I find it rather tedious. In fact if you read other posts of mine you would know that I always acknowledge that whatever sense of "morality" I might have is my own and my problem not others'.

As far as I am concerned if nobody gets hurt then people can do exactly what they wish. You can smoke weed dangling from a chandelier dressed as a giant cockroach whilst fiddling with yourself for all I care.

This poor little poodle will now stop, she needs to go and beg for a little biscuit from her big strong master. That's what all of us battered simpletons need to do to validate our own existence. The woes of being a simpleton. I'm sure you understand darling don't you...

If only I could possess an ounce of your philosophizing intellect , sadly an unattainable goal which shall remain my cross to bear. Oh well, we can but dream. Those dizzy heights are simply out of reach but never mind. I think I shall survive this shattering of my dreams.

Stay in that cave BTW.

You call me judgemental ? Now that is a laugh. And thanks for that precious nugget and giggle. Much appreciated.

We got someone playing the cancer card now, quickly backpedaling their conformity and judgment of others.

I don't have a superior attitude, I just have superior principles. You called out people for doing harmless things and claim your own superiority as being above peer pressure/declining what everyone was doing.

Again, you are simpleton. You are all over the place and you have no uniform principles and you play the victim card repeatedly in your posts to fill the void of substance and logic in your statements.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Agreed on both these issues.

What's harder .... Jack Daniels or a joint ?

I've said for years it's the alcohol lobby that keeps pot from being legalized. It will cut into their profits.

The percentage is probably up around 60-70% if the truth be known.

Not only the alcohol industry, but tobacco, Big Pharma, The Prison Industrial Complex... we could probably include the paper industry as well, since they were a big opponent to industrial hemp because of the competition, and the fact that it's a better fiber.

And Jack Daniels is disgusting, as is pretty much ALL hard liquor! All of it makes me pretty much want to gag! I'm not even big on wine either. I do like beer though.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:07 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Not only the alcohol industry, but tobacco, Big Pharma, The Prison Industrial Complex... we could probably include the paper industry as well, since they were a big opponent to industrial hemp because of the competition, and the fact that it's a better fiber.

And Jack Daniels is disgusting, as is pretty much ALL hard liquor! All of it makes me pretty much want to gag! I'm not even big on wine either. I do like beer though.
I do like wine and beer (not as much as mary jane of course haha) but really do try to avoid the hard liquor as well. There is nothing fun about being sick the whole day after a supposed fun night. But that's where Mj can help lol.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:14 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
What a self-righteous batch of garbage. Conforming is exactly what you are doing. Stay within the lines you were told, listen to the laws and never question their validity.

Shame and look down upon people who are different or like to express themselves differently.

If you never have been intoxicated how can you tell others it is wrong? Your mother/father or religious affiliations are your guiding light to know this sage wisdom?

Being a critical-thinker, coming to the conclusions on your own is being above conformity. The fact that you probably drink soda/coffee/red bulls, drink alcohol even in small amounts and who knows what else is probably the classic hypocrite.

People like you make me laugh, you couldn't be a bigger follower and take your orders like a dog.

Let people do what they want, if getting loaded without harming others is what makes anyone happy it should be their right and you should applaud their pursuit of happiness.
Is this drug-induced irrationality? People who live naturally are resistant to the brainwashing of marketing that makes all these substances seem like the pathway to a more exciting life. No one needs to TELL anyone to nourish themselves. If there was no society at all, the body would force one to seek the necessities of life. Drug habits aren't about responding to needs. Drugs are bought to escape boredom and emptiness. At this point, a half century after Flower Power, there no longer is any rebellion in drugs. When Rush Limbaugh is abusing drugs, they aren't rebellious anymore.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
We got someone playing the cancer card now, quickly backpedaling their conformity and judgment of others.

I don't have a superior attitude, I just have superior principles. You called out people for doing harmless things and claim your own superiority as being above peer pressure/declining what everyone was doing.

Again, you are simpleton. You are all over the place and you have no uniform principles and you play the victim card repeatedly in your posts to fill the void of substance and logic in your statements.
Victim ? Seriously. Playing the Cancer card ? Wow. You are outdoing yourself. Well done. Congratulations ! Would you like a nice chewy biscuit ?

I did not "call out" anyone.

I said that in my opinion ( which such an outstandingly open minded individual as yourself would surely allow me) taking drugs is also pretty conformist despite people's desperation for them to be thought of as free spirits and non conformists.

Well I shall stoop to your level, might as well , you sir/madam are a churlish moron, a simpleton and have about as much intellect as a the primordial ooze from whence you came. Now be a good little boy/girl and learn how to read. Comprehension skills once again are not your forte.

This simpleton bids you adieu and hope your little fantasies and imagined understanding of my life have satisfied the deep seated insecurities you obviously harbour about yourself.

Go and find another ankle to bite you little piece of excrement and go back to your cave.

When you have grown up a little, learnt to read (and understand what you read), learnt to think and also learnt some manners you can come back and join the grown ups. You call me a liar and I am superior ? As for your "superior" principles don't delude yourself. Superior you are not and as for principled I think your post have established the likelihood of that claim.

I guess your vocabulary is just as lacking as your reading comprehension skills. Never mind, there is always time for you to improve and strive for better. Who knows I am sure even some shining intellects such as yourself can always learn a thing or too. I know it must be hard to keep up sometimes but it cannot not hurt to try.

The ignore button dulcet tones beckon.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I could not care less about what people do to be amused so long as it does not bring harm to others. So smoke a joint, have a shot JD, inject dope into your veins, go crazy on crack or what ever else you want. Why should I, or anyone else, be your keeper?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:27 AM

26 posts, read 37,672 times
I have always thought that legalizing weed and other stuff could solve problems for the future generations. Weed for example has marginal negativity attached to it.

However, public opinion is opposed to this approach but to prove my hypothesis, I only needed to look at the geographical areas with drug abuse in mind. To my consternation, most of the so called drug abuser are located far from the epicenters of any drug production and proliferation of this menace. Most of drug fighting agencies probably ignore the fact that there are far less addict of drug users in countries like Colombia and Afghanistan whereas we would expect them be stoned right from a toddler to a geriatric in whatever the maximum ages the reach in those areas.
hehehehe
well! Here are my sins. I am moderately high tobacco and beer abuser but I'd rather say tobacco is tougher to stay without than beer. On the higher side, I only had a one week of weed and not more as a young boy and then for reasons that I will never know. Other than that I had my drink piked in a pub by a barmaid. Nothing much came out of that other than alerting me to be more careful in public places.
I am no supporter of drug combating agencies either because as I have said before I don't know what the hell they are paid to do. Probably I will agree with some of the posters here that they may be on business protection for the big mafias that are in liquor and pharmaceuticals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies