Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Social conservatism is dead. The past several elections, social issues have been the driving factor at the polls. Fiscal conservatism is alive and well but many fiscal conservatives won't even consider voting for the GOP until they stop telling people who love each other they can't get married and stop denying science.
Social issues have taken a back seat to economical issues, we are not denying science, we are not the ones pushing the cap and trade IE believe that taxes with control the weather, that's that kind of stuff you kings and nobles in the dark ages would do.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:28 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
So can we close up Sallie Mae and just let students go get UNguaranteed loans at banks? That would steer us clear of yet another house of cards.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Ummm... you forget that much of those students want the government out of their lives when it comes to marriage, a woman's choice, birth control etc.
This.

These are the issues that matter to young people first and foremost. They will vote for the socially liberal candidate, no matter where they stand on economic issues.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
I just find it funny that young people want to pick and choose government involvement. That's the big trouble we have in this country. It is also big corporations that want subsidies of various kinds but no regulation. I think women who want economic assistance should be made to conform to a program of NOT procreating. I'm not against choices about sex and abortion. But I just think both the corporations (especially Pentagon contractors) and women taken benefits from taxpayers need to show they care about the people who sacrifice economically in order to provide these government programs. It has gotten too, too easy in the USA to rationalize demanding more and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies