Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,922,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
this is a smokescreen for "huge tax increase coming to your state." get out while you still can.
how so?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM

805 posts, read 1,157,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
They do this just to get more people to move to their state.
Everybody knows gays have big bucks, they save $$$ by sharing clothes and all that stuff.
Next states will start repealing motorcycle helmet laws. Attract the bikers.
Iowa is known for this, just as they're now known to be gay friendly.
Me? I don't care either way. Its not like I'd have to attend their weddings or anything. Just don't flaunt it, like the gays are known to do about everything.
Stereotyping is just another form of bigotry.

And, a lot of heterosexuals "flaunt" their marriage and weddings. Do you have a problem with that as well?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,207,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
Stereotyping is just another form of bigotry.

And, a lot of heterosexuals "flaunt" their marriage and weddings. Do you have a problem with that as well?
This is what cracks me up......sort of.

You know, in most local papers, if not all, they generally have a page set aside once a week or so where couples can announce their engagements (as my son and his finance'/now wife did).

Nobody thinks anything of it; it's a tradition.

But what happens when, as more and more states legalize same sex marriage, same sex couples start posting their pictures and announcements of their pending nuptials? Will that be considered "flaunting" it? Will people be here on City Data, whining, because "the gays" are "shoving their lifestyles" down our throats? lol

Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,150,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
At least you admit Democrats haven't been focusing on anything but that.
Yes, like the conservatives have been focused on Benghazi.

Woohoo Minnesota, good for you!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,994,303 times
Quote:
They do this just to get more people to move to their state.
Everybody knows gays have big bucks, they save $$$ by sharing clothes and all that stuff.
Next states will start repealing motorcycle helmet laws. Attract the bikers.
Iowa is known for this, just as they're now known to be gay friendly.
Me? I don't care either way. Its not like I'd have to attend their weddings or anything. Just don't flaunt it, like the gays are known to do about everything.
First, you do know there are states that don't have a helmet law?

And second, what do you mean by "just don't flaunt it?" My soon to be wife and I will hold hands in public, we kiss in public, we will eventually take our baby that we will one day have into public. Are those things considered flaunting it to you?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,150,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
First, you do know there are states that don't have a helmet law?

And second, what do you mean by "just don't flaunt it?" My soon to be wife and I will hold hands in public, we kiss in public, we will eventually take our baby that we will one day have into public. Are those things considered flaunting it to you?
Of course, you're the same sex, right? Just watch the conservatives clench their fists, screw up their faces, the steam starts rising as their faces get bright red. It's hilarious! Funny thing is, they don't even know how absolutely stupid they look.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Of course, you're the same sex, right? Just watch the conservatives clench their fists, screw up their faces, the steam starts rising as their faces get bright red. It's hilarious! Funny thing is, they don't even know how absolutely stupid they look.
Oh no, we are having a man and woman marriage.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:06 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,865,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
The Minnesota House voted to approve gay marriage...and the Senate will vote early next week and expected to pass. Gov Dayton will sign.

Very glad of my state to see equality in all. I am a straight married male with 3 young kids and glad that they will grow up in a state where everyone is treated equally.

MN House Passes Vote on Gay Marriage Today - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks
Needs to be legal in all 50 states. We will get there.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:12 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,356,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This is what cracks me up......sort of.

You know, in most local papers, if not all, they generally have a page set aside once a week or so where couples can announce their engagements (as my son and his finance'/now wife did).

Nobody thinks anything of it; it's a tradition.

But what happens when, as more and more states legalize same sex marriage, same sex couples start posting their pictures and announcements of their pending nuptials? Will that be considered "flaunting" it? Will people be here on City Data, whining, because "the gays" are "shoving their lifestyles" down our throats? lol
There's announcing, and then there's flaunting.
Two separate things.
Thanks for trying to keep up.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
There's announcing, and then there's flaunting.
Two separate things.
Thanks for trying to keep up.
What is flaunting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies