Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times

Advertisements

And it becomes worse if the new wife wants kids but can't afford them because of the steps. Seen that scenario often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's why I cut off any relationship with a dad before it can get to that level. The simple fact is once a couple marries according to law both salaries are their money. In that situation two things will come out and it's either the new wife paying the bills or the new wife supporting the kids. Both bad situations.
Marriage "laws" are a joke.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:22 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Again, we do not have enough information to accurately judge much of anything here. If she was a lawyer was she working part time to care for the kids?

We simply do not know if any of the judgement was initially out of line. Was it fair to give her $17k a month? Who knows.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It's so easy to see that you're a card-carrying misogynist lol "nazi-feminist" indeed. OMFG.

SO, let me get this straight. Some girl held a gun at her hubby's head and said, "You @#$#@, you're going to @#$# support me as I stay home watching Jerry Springer, and you're not going to say a word about it!" Is that what you're saying? Or are you saying that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, and that they have an arrangement in which one is at home and the other one is outside the house? Which is it? Take your PICK.
Actually she is a nice woman (They have dated since they were 13 or 14... the one time they broke up BOTH were ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE) and she is MUCH more likely to be reading a book or working in the garden than watching TV... but yes. SHE was the one who decided... incase you hven't noticed human evolution women typically can twist us guys around their little finger.

My GF does it to me, my little sister does it to me, and (Excluding the woman beaters and other scum who should be put down) us guys are pretty much OK with that.

It's when the split happens and the claws come out that a guy FINALLY protests... otherwise it can go on for a lifetime.

And I'm ANYTHING BUT a misogynist. I LOOOOVE women...
And I throughly enjoy spoiling the women I date (One woman at a time)... my GF says She's NEVER been spoiled like I spoil her... and says she feels bad because I do it too much.
But if she dumps me.... I'm not going to keep buying her stuff and taking her (Sending her then I guess) places!

Your Pick... (But I know your going to keep ignoring it like you ignore/Attach whenever you can't answer)

Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
I am a woman, and a feminist and this is beyond bs. Alimony in most cases is just legal extortion plain and simple. I understand giving temporary alimony to a spouse who stayed out of the workforce to raise kids but then re enters the workforce or for those who are too old to become employable. I do not support it otherwise.

This is partly why I avoid divorced dads like the plague because many end up paying for their ex wife and the new wife often has to help support this lazy dead weight too.
You have an axe to grind against SAHM's. I've seen other posts of yours.

You are NOT a true feminist. Other women fought for your right to HAVE A CHOICE whether to work or stay home to raise your children.

Since you have none - calling a SAHM 'lazy' is rich. You have no idea.

This from a full-time working Mom.

That said - the only alimony I've ever seen awarded was temporary - long enough for the SAHM to finish her degree and get a job.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
oh my god, this guy is still fighting this? There was a thread about the same guy a year or two ago.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Unless she's an invalid. You've described her as an invalid. (I think you're probably lying your hairy posterior off).
No. I said she 'goes back to bed' and 'gets up and eats and watches TV'.

While she gained alot of weight once they were married she is fully capable (Other than the fact that her knees hurt... the Dr has warned her she needs to loose weight or her knees will get worse.)

She's actually a pleasant person, and very intelligent... just doesn't want to work, and doesn't keep the house as clean as I'd like (But I'm a little OC... so some of that's me.) I consider BOTH of them friends... which has made me take one or another side when I get dragged into things...
I'm not saying he's perfect, he smokes (She only does occasionally) and likes his beer... but he provides and helps at home both.

And my Butt isn't hairy, although my chest is.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean. It's bad. The new wife has to pay for the kids her hubby once enjoyed creating with someone else. It's awful.
Wait, wait, wait..... Shouldn't you say "It's in the contract when they get married!"

That's what you were saying about the GUY some posts back!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Wait, wait, wait..... Shouldn't you say "It's in the contract when they get married!"

That's what you were saying about the GUY some posts back!
Double standards.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
And it becomes worse if the new wife wants kids but can't afford them because of the steps. Seen that scenario often.
Yup! Divorced men with kids are just bad news. When divorced men don't have kids, it's not so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies