Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 10:44 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Still it is making the IRS look incredibly stupid and hypocritical. If they come after you, you can't say "Oops, yep I messed up sorry" or "Sorry, I'm not ready, I won't be there".
Used your head, the IRS has always been this way. How long, far back have they been using questionable practices, and, would they ever be permitted to tell.. I am sure a lot is classified...I sure know the Treasury is, when was the last time you hears of an open scandal?
The other thing how many people do you know that loved the IRS? I am sure they ary flying alone most of the time, except, when they are working with the FBI , CIA Homeland Security, in trying to catch terrorists or putting m mobster behind bars.....think about it....would you date an IRS agent,?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Used your head, the IRS has always been this way. How long, far back have they been using questionable practices, and, would they ever be permitted to tell.. I am sure a lot is classified...I sure know the Treasury is, when was the last time you hears of an open scandal?
The other thing how many people do you know that loved the IRS? I am sure they ary flying alone most of the time, except, when they are working with the FBI , CIA Homeland Security, in trying to catch terrorists or putting m mobster behind bars.....think about it....would you date an IRS agent,?
Yes they have always been this way (as far as being hypocritical and thick headed) but now they are being forced to admit it in public.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
All the more reason to take power away from them but Obama wants them to control your healthcare. I hope you are useful when he gets his way.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Exactly. Time for it to stop as it's creeped way to far into the general public (innocent I might add).
Now is the time for tax reform, minimize the IRS to checking flat/fair tax returns. One sheet with just a few lines to fill out, I'm sure they'd be capable of that.
If not they could always call on a 5th grader.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:52 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/01/conservative-sites-tie-irs-controversy-to-liberal-group/?hpt=hp_t2

Some Dims are gonna go to prison!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
All the more reason to take power away from them but Obama wants them to control your healthcare. I hope you are useful when he gets his way.
Its not "His way" The Healthcare changes were all a part of comprises , deals, vote trade offs....whatever. Single Payer is what you guys wanted, so did the Dem's. It was the republicans that killed their own idea....just how stupid is that ?

Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 PM

50 posts, read 44,658 times
Quote:
Its not "His way" The Healthcare changes were all a part of comprises , deals, vote trade offs....whatever. Single Payer is what you guys wanted, so did the Dem's. It was the republicans that killed their own idea....just how stupid is that ?
Just stop...

Old 06-01-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Exactly. Time for it to stop as it's creeped way to far into the general public (innocent I might add).
Now is the time for tax reform, minimize the IRS to checking flat/fair tax returns. One sheet with just a few lines to fill out, I'm sure they'd be capable of that.
If not they could always call on a 5th grader.
No, the IRS does not lobby congress. It was our elected officials, big money , that has made the tax laws so complicated...Every year they make changes based on some special interest group that has got to them.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Same failed arguments over and over. The Republicans had no say in the healthcare mess.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Same failed arguments over and over. The Republicans had no say in the healthcare mess.
Sorry , but that is a LIE ! Look it up, instead of dismissing all Republicans as being out lunch. some were not, one of the reasons we did not get the Healthcare plan that would have been the best for everyone. ( what we have is now starting to work, give it a full chance before following the same line of partisan politics .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies