Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times

Advertisements

Not that I'd ever defend the IRS.

However, is it REALLY a surprise that right wing groups, who constantly espouse their disdain for the government/taxes, have come under the watchful eye of the IRS?

That being said, they should fire those responsible at the IRS after they investigate it and I'm sure they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How is this any different than the IRS flagging those for audit who claim the home office deduction? They flag those who are statistically more likely to violate regulations. Those applying for 501c4 status, who have political names, is an obvious red flag.
They singled out a specific group for intense scrutiny and questioning.
Discrimination to say the least.

Even the IRS has said they were wrong. I don't know why you are trying to convince us that they did nothing wrong. They admitted they did and apologized.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,220 times
Quote:
How is this any different than the IRS flagging those for audit who claim the home office deduction? They flag those who are statistically more likely to violate regulations. Those applying for 501c4 status, who have political names, is an obvious red flag.
Abolish them, is my simple answer, along with the IRS.

The Constitution for the United States of America only allowed for a excise tax, and no more for the Federal Gov. Thus insuring "limited power". If States wished to impose other taxes they were allowed to without any input from the Fed Gov.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
The IRS already admitted it was wrong.
What are you trying to convince us of here ?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Not that I'd ever defend the IRS.

However, is it REALLY a surprise that right wing groups, who constantly espouse their disdain for the government/taxes, have come under the watchful eye of the IRS?

That being said, they should fire those responsible at the IRS after they investigate it and I'm sure they will.
Please..... Look at their actions, not their words. The "right win groups" as you call then are mostly correct. Problem is that none of them (well a few) do what they say once elected, not that the dems are any more honest.

When are all of you people gonna wake up to the fact that you are being duped and looted by both sides?

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Can you show any proof that any of the groups that were targeted are statistically more likely to violate regulations? Most of the terms that they used to target people had no specific political meaning.

You are once again trying to twist this and it ain't working.

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
The 47% have no need to worry. But they should be asking at what point will they no longer be useful.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah, and if by that time it's the right doing it?

That's right, you won't have a leg to stand on because you supported it so long as it was your party carrying it out.

You know, because this is the internet you won't have a leg to stand on either because here you are, in all your glory, saying how much it didn't concern you.
LOL. Yeah, I'm gonna be shaking in my boots when I'm audited for applying for tax exempt status!!

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even the IRS has said they were wrong. I don't know why you are trying to convince us that they did nothing wrong. They admitted they did and apologized.
Exactly.

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They singled out a specific group for intense scrutiny and questioning.
Discrimination to say the least.

Discrimination isn't illegal unless it is on the basis of race, religion, sex, or national origin. The IRS routinely red flags certain types of businesses who are more likely to take unwarranted deductions. This is no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies