Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 08:55 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times

Advertisements

Also,after the harvest,weren't some supposed to be left on the ground for gleaning by poor people?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The bible is clear:
You still have to obey the authorities,because God put them in that place until Jesus comes back.
Obeying the authorities still includes paying taxes.

You still have to pay taxes,but at the same time you do what Jesus requires of you.
That's my interpretation
See post #184 to see who the "authorities" are in the United States.

I made it clear that there is only one authority and it is not a person - it is a document.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
Far away, and I do not want to ever meet people who are heartless and soulless like you.
On Sunday, ask for God's forgiveness over your disgusting behavior at this forum. You are clearly not a good Christian follower for sure.

You didn't even wish my father well and prayers. You act like you are the only hardworking person in America paying taxes.
Nope, don't want too meet me, however you sure as heck would take and accept my money. Remember, the Lord helps those, who help themselves...

I don't act like anything. I only speak for myself. Arrogance would be speaking on the behalf of others. I propose my feelings, thoughts, and experiences.

By the way, I don't think you've noticed, however, most people here are agreeing with me. Oh, I think I just heard some airlines announcing airfare sales to Europe...

Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Also,after the harvest,weren't some supposed to be left on the ground for gleaning by poor people?
Yep - but the law didn't say that the grain had to be given to government agents for redistribution.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
As much as I love America, the wonderful people, the diversity, the climate, the beauty, the diverse landscape, the shopping opportunity, excellent and diverse food, and almost everything.... It is very very very very sad that we are basically the only western/industrial nation with no national health care *Seriously crying now*

My parents moved from Western Europe few years ago, and my dad was recently diagnosed with bad cancer, and he has high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. and has been under disability. He cannot work at all, and he is 63 years now. My mother does not speak English, and she is willing to work but nobody is hiring her. She goes to school to learn English, but since she is almost 60 years it is difficult for her to learn English especially when you speak other multiple languages and different language at home.

The other day we went to NJ county Board of Social Security Office, and since my father gets payed only $1000 from Europe due to early retirement/disability which is not even enough for the 1 bedroom apartment rent, he did not qualify for any health insurance (medicaid) because he had to make maximum $950 no matter what other expenses. Neither did my mom get any since she is not 65 years old yet Now my dad canceled his important doctor appointments due to no health insurance, and they do not take charity either. He cannot afford going to doctor since it's extremely expensive. They receive food stamp, but we hope it will not be taken away, then they are risk of being without food.

Why is America, the world's wealthiest nation like that? Since they have nobody left in Western Europe and all family and kids are here, they are trying not to move back.

I wish we could help them out, but since medication is expensive and we could barely make it ourselves I don't know what to do. This is depressing. I myself pay very high taxes!
That really sucks.
I wish I had the money to help him.

Hang in there.

Quote:
Wasn't ancient Israel destroyed for neglecting the widows and fatherless boys,in addtion to worshipping false gods?
Where do you read that the government was responsible for taking care of the widows and fatherless boys?

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Why do you expect us to pay for your parents? They are your parents, YOU pay for them? Why didn't they think and/or plan this out BEFORE they came here? His ailments didn't just crop up over night and, in so far as your mother, she has been in the United for "several years," yet still can't speak English? Do you think the people in her country would have sympathy for me or pay for me if the roles were reversed? Nope.
Ah, and there you have it. The Tea Party Brain Trust weighs in. Christian man, are you?

How disappointed Jesus must be in his followers.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:59 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Where do you read that the government was responsible for taking care of the widows and fatherless boys?
Small government stops beating hearts. It's just that simple.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nope, don't want too meet me, however you sure as heck would take and accept my money. Remember, the Lord helps those, who help themselves...

I don't act like anything. I only speak for myself. Arrogance would be speaking on the behalf of others. I propose my feelings, thoughts, and experiences.

By the way, I don't think you've noticed, however, most people here are agreeing with me. Oh, I think I just heard some airlines announcing airfare sales to Europe...
Fortunately, it is not your money only, it is all Americans, including mine and my parents paying taxes someway another. You are OK paying for helping other enemy countries and waste money on other things, but against helping your people (My parents are American citizens just like you).

Remember the Lord said to help those in need as well. If my mom was able to get a job, they would never ever seek help from the state.

Keep in mind that unless you are Native American, your ancestries were all immigrants at one time, and now you are telling us to move back to Europe because America cannot support and help their own citizens?!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Small government stops beating hearts. It's just that simple.
If you truly believe that, then why aren't you busy getting a bunch of amendments to the constitution drawn up and approved by the legislatures of the several states as provided for in Article V of the U.S. Constitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies