Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 03:31 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The world will end at 4:18 pm today.....uh 4:19.....uh 4:20......never mind.

....film at 11.....42

Old 06-08-2019, 07:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
More disturbing news on the cover-up by Trump and Republicans on climate change:

White House officials barred a State Department intelligence agency from releasing a written report on the catastrophic impacts of climate change. I would recommend you take a look at the link provided.

Right now one this country's greatest threats is Trump himself, and his scientifically illiterate supporters.

Quote:
The effort to edit, and ultimately suppress, the prepared testimony by the State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research comes as the Trump administration is debating how best to challenge the fact that burning fossil fuels is warming the planet and could pose serious risks unless the world makes deep cuts in greenhouse gas emissions over the next decade. Senior military and intelligence officials have continued to warn climate change could undermine America’s national security — a position President Trump rejects.
WaPo

Old 06-08-2019, 08:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
More disturbing news on the cover-up by Trump and Republicans on climate change:

White House officials barred a State Department intelligence agency from releasing a written report on the catastrophic impacts of climate change. I would recommend you take a look at the link provided.

Right now one this country's greatest threats is Trump himself, and his scientifically illiterate supporters.

WaPo
Strange isnt it, how .gov and .mil vehicles get exemptions from emissions regulations?

Old 06-08-2019, 09:12 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wrong. I've proven you wrong previously when you've made this patently false allegation.
Feral hogs.

What makes us different and superior?
We have the ability to replace and replenish what we've altered or destroyed.
Hogs just taste good.

Feral hogs root up around citrus trees here in Florida and chomp on the roots to kill the tree to get it to drop the fruit.
Nuisance species no hunting license needed on private property. Just written consent to be there.

Which = lots of bbqs at my house. My girlfriend and I go out and bag as many as we can.
They're a bane to farmers existence. Her with her AK me with my suppressed AR.

They also attack livestock too. Livestock that is au naturale. No hormones or antibiotics added. So. If one bites a cow. That's about 8k dollars lost as the farmer has to kill and dispose of the infected cow. Their tusks contain some nasty bacteria...

And then there's the ranchers who have to put down horses from fractures sustained by a horse breaking a leg where the bastards rooted about.
Comparing humans to feral hogs is not my thing but in the climate context it makes sense I suppose. The inability to control our impulses because of self interest and the need for instant gratification makes for similarities. So as I said previously your point is taken. Feral hogs and the human race have similar mind sets, except hogs, I suspect, know enough not to kill every tree everywhere. In that sense they still have us beat.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:15 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Comparing humans to feral hogs is not my thing but in the climate context it makes sense I suppose. The inability to control our impulses because of self interest and the need for instant gratification makes for similarities. So as I said previously your point is taken. Feral hogs and the human race have similar mind sets, except hogs, I suspect, know enough not to kill every tree everywhere. In that sense they still have us beat.
Wrong. Lemming, you claimed we are the only species to destroy the environment.
Once again you deflect when proven wrong.

So I'll ask one more time.
I provided the details to capture C02 and profit from it. What is stopping you?

Old 06-09-2019, 02:08 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Again, GFY.
You must be proud to show off your low level of emotional intelligence when presented with evidence that debunks what you blindly believe.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:19 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You must be proud to show off your low level of emotional intelligence.
Listen lady, I'm not appreciative of your personal insults relating to my intellect.

I posed interesting questions to you, only to be met with global initiative pushback.

Next time you want to discuss climate history with me, try some non condescending demeanor.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:39 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,254,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Listen lady, I'm not appreciative of your personal insults relating to my intellect.

I posed interesting questions to you, only to be met with global initiative pushback.

Next time you want to discuss climate history with me, try some non condescending demeanor.
You should look up the definition of emotional intelligence...it has nothing to do with your intellect.

You are also not very good at self assessment. You did not ask me an interesting question. You went on an angry rant that was not about wanting to engage in a civil discussion about human caused climate change.

You need to get real with yourself.

Old 06-09-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
You should look up the definition of emotional intelligence...it has nothing to do with your intellect.

You are also not very good at self assessment. You did not ask me an interesting question. You went on an angry rant that was not about wanting to engage in a civil discussion about human caused climate change.

I asked you what ended the last ice age; you answered by saying that I'm stupid.

Is it not obvious to you that the last glaciation phase of our planet is ending.....thank GOODNESS!

You still did not answer my question: What ended the last ice age?

AS for the Younger Dryus re~freeze, there has been a crater found in Greenland that might have caused the havoc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONVhEQZ40Fg

Old 06-09-2019, 03:51 AM

Quote:

Ok, since you are such an expert of who I am, tell me how my intellect is faulty in observing this island I live on is a result of melted glaciers, and the FACT that frigid conditions here made it be, but then SOMETING happened that made the mighty ice sheet retreat. But wait, there's more!

All the while the last Ice Age was ending, then the Younger Dryus event happened, that was most likely due to an asteroid impact event. Perhaps THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfapz2F8Vz0

Imagine that, 12,000 years ago, just like so many fables from religions and traditions from around the world.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies