Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

After the last push for restrictions on lawful gun ownership failed in the senate, the wackos are back at it again.
Quote:
“There’s the ground war and the air war and everything in between,” said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. “And it’s all important.”
Central to that effort, gun control supporters this week are hounding several senators who voted against a high-profile background check proposal. Sponsored by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), the bill was opposed by 45 senators.
Ayotte, an opponent of the Manchin-Toomey bill, hosted several town-hall discussions this week at which gun control supporters pointedly challenged her vote against the measure.
Quote:
Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which helped organize those pressure campaigns, said last month’s Senate vote “outraged” voters who thought wide-spread public support for expanded background checks would be enough to get the measure passed. The goal of groups like his, Glaze added, is “to channel” that emotion for the sake of finishing the job — however long it takes.
Read more: Gun control supporters launch frenzied campaign to revive legislation - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

The nutcases are still out of the asylum, and pushing for more punishment of law abiding people...while of course keeping their hands off the criminals. What part of NO don't they understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
After the last push for restrictions on lawful gun ownership failed in the senate, the wackos are back at it again.

Read more: Gun control supporters launch frenzied campaign to revive legislation - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

The nutcases are still out of the asylum, and pushing for more punishment of law abiding people...while of course keeping their hands off the criminals. What part of NO don't they understand?
I received the following email from a close friend just yesterday:

***SB 396 - PASSED 5-2
BANS the POSSESSION of any magazine with a capacity to accept more than ten cartridges,
including currently legally possessed "grandfathered" large capacity magazines.

***SB 53 - PASSED 5-2requires persons to buy an annual ammunition purchase permit, requires the registration and thumbprint of the purchaser for each ammunition purchase, and bans online and mail order sales of ammunition to Californians.

I don't know if you've been following these, but you should be. Contact your reps and tell them to stop this insanity!

There are a bunch of other BS bills working through the system in California, too, mostly tied to gun registration. These are the worst two, though.

There is one other one that apparently has some pretty serious potential, though:

***SB 567 - PASSED 5-2changes the technical definition of a shotgun, which would turn all handguns into short-barrel shotguns that are illegal to own.

I haven't read that one, but I'm assuming that it talks defines a shotgun as any gun capable of firing shot shells. Since there are shot shells made in handgun calibers, that would do it. If that is the case, and some dickweed judge ever sets that precedent, it'll eventually work its way to the supreme court and be overturned. In the meantime, though, it'll be an enormous pile of **** that Californian gun owners will have to wade through.

Apparently, I just became a felon in California, and didn't even know it. So has my 1st cousin, a decorated Sheriff and former SWAT member.

You can add another family of Californians (5 generations) who will be packing it up and heading south east. The mass exodus away from moonbeam politics and California cronys continues.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:51 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
The anti freedom nuts are at it again!

[SHORT VERSION] Black conservative leaders discuss how the NRA was created to protect freed slaves - YouTube

Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
WHERE do some of these semiautomatic 800 rpm type rifle lovers live that they apparently NEED to have these type of weapons?? Good God, when I lived in OK I had a S&W 9mm semi auto handgun for home defense and CCW, but if I needed one or more of those semiauto rifles with high capacity clips, I'd maybe rethink where I lived. Unless they think that they will single handedly fight off the government LOL.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
WHERE do some of these semiautomatic 800 rpm type rifle lovers live that they apparently NEED to have these type of weapons?? Good God, when I lived in OK I had a S&W 9mm semi auto handgun for home defense and CCW, but if I needed one or more of those semiauto rifles with high capacity clips, I'd maybe rethink where I lived. Unless they think that they will single handedly fight off the government LOL.
Deflection!!!

The fact that you believe there is such a thing as an 800 round per minute SEMI-AUTOMATIC shows you are a dunce when it comes to weapons. The real question is: why are you pretending to know you are talking about?

The point is that I bought my Glock 18 twenty years ago and I am now a felon because I own 17 round clips.

Why can't you see that law abiding citizens are being persecuted and rights abolished!!! Why don't you re-think where you live and decide if the Constitution suits you, and if not... then fk'n Leave WI!

Old 05-11-2013, 05:10 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
What an awesome herritage. Which makes it even harder to understand why they fell so far from the roots.

Too many voices in the NRA today sound like the secessionists of the 19th century. Fear and hatred of the Federal government were not the precepts of the NRA then; and should not be today.

The Federal Government is not the KKK.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What an awesome herritage. Which makes it even harder to understand why they fell so far from the roots.

Too many voices in the NRA today sound like the secessionists of the 19th century. Fear and hatred of the Federal government were not the precepts of the NRA then; and should not be today.

The Federal Government is not the KKK.
Why would you think they fell from their roots? They are the only ones to present a logical counter to the governments misguided notion that disarming people will cure crime!!! Do you think they only stand up for white gun ownership? Are you insane?

The kkk were white supremacists, the government is a totalitarian olgarchy! You tell me which is worse!!!

Everyone better get on the Constitution train or we'll (liberals, conservatives, libertarians) all be screwed

Old 05-11-2013, 05:43 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
You lost the argument when you said the word "NEED".

Old 05-11-2013, 05:43 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Why would you think they fell from their roots? They are the only ones to present a logical counter to the governments misguided notion that disarming people will cure crime!!! Do you think they only stand up for white gun ownership? Are you insane?

The kkk were white supremacists, the government is a totalitarian olgarchy! You tell me which is worse!!!

Everyone better get on the Constitution train or we'll (liberals, conservatives, libertarians) all be screwed
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...ok.com%2Fl.php nra and republicans no nothing about the constitution and should be slapped

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-11-2013, 05:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Oh oh, where there's smoke is there fire.... Mad Tnuts maybe?

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/s...766272/photo/1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies