Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Amnesty is for the undocumented Democrats that have entered the country.
The majority are uneducated, unskilled and poor.

They will not be voting Republican.
If the the political consequences of amnesty for undocumented aliens were in any way unfavorable to the Democratic party, you can be sure that coercive deportation on a massive scale would be agendum #1 before the 2016 election.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
My point is that the strong majority of Americans: Support marriage equality; believe in climate change and the need to confront it; are concerned with women's rights. Furthermore, with the changing demographics of the nation, the Republicans must find a way to legitimately embrace and attract hispanic voters if they are to survive.

Me? I'm perfectly happy watching the party of stupid implode, so by all means keep doing what you are doing ... it makes for great viewing.

Voter ID laws are the new poll taxes, are racist, and furthermore there is NO PROOF of widespread voter fraud. It is a myth. It does not exist, look at any of the studies.
What's "racist" about wanting ID to vote? People NEED ID to drive, buy booze or cigs, get bennies and so on. If I have to show my ID; I do it, I've got nothing to hide.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What's "racist" about wanting ID to vote? People NEED ID to drive, buy booze or cigs, get bennies and so on. If I have to show my ID; I do it, I've got nothing to hide.
They even have to show an ID to get the "free Obamaphones".

The only area deemed "racist" is when it comes to voting.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
My point is that the strong majority of Americans: Support marriage equality; believe in climate change and the need to confront it; are concerned with women's rights. Furthermore, with the changing demographics of the nation, the Republicans must find a way to legitimately embrace and attract hispanic voters if they are to survive.

Me? I'm perfectly happy watching the party of stupid implode, so by all means keep doing what you are doing ... it makes for great viewing.

Voter ID laws are the new poll taxes, are racist, and furthermore there is NO PROOF of widespread voter fraud. It is a myth. It does not exist, look at any of the studies.
Instead of pandering to this and that group -- why can't a political party work for the interests of the American people?

We need lower taxes, more and better paying jobs.

The government should stay out of a lot of issues.

And the only issue that the so-called "hispanic" voters care about is more unlimited immigration from hispanic nations. They don't care about jobs for the American people, they don't care about lower taxes or bringing down our huge debt. They have one and only one issue that runs counter to the good of our citizens.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Stop denying the overwhelming almost unanimous consensus on climate change
Not everyone believes in climate change, it is just the greenpeacers and the left who believe it is an issue. The fact is it is a nebulus issue. We haven't seen what has caused climate change nor the if magnitude of storms such as Superstorm Sandy are directly related.
Quote:
Stop denying basic, equal civil rights to the LGBT community
For Republicans to do this, they alienate the religious right, a big supporter. I agree they should but I understand why not.
Quote:
Stop hating women (voting against VAWA, voting against equal pay for women)
This is a varried issues I have. Mostly on the civil rights issues. I think about it this way, if women (genetically or identified) are equals they should be equally protected under the law. However they shouldn't have greater protection to men and be expected to subject to the same acts as men such as selective service.
Violence Against Women Act, guess what, republicans DID vote for it. Enough to get it to pass in the house and even those in the Senate (Arizona is a red state that voted for it.)
Equal pay with women, I agree with. However as a business major, I had to take a business communication course in my particular school. During the course my teacher (a woman) was asked by a student (another woman) about why women take lower pay and the teacher's response is women (in general) do not want to fight as easily as men do to get a higher pay. Now should wages be closer yes, but not everyone myself (a male) included are comfortable talking about wages.
Quote:
Stop voting against common sense bills like background checks for gun purchases that 90% of Americans, and even a strong majority of NRA members support
I am a gun owner, I want background checks but the fact is bad buys will get guns no matter what. They will have straw purchases, storm drains, black market, ect. Plus didn't democrats vote down Finestein's Assault Weapon ban as well fearing the NRA would get a campaign against them?
[quote]Stop hating non-whites[/quotes]
Where is there actual proof rather than rhetoric. Illegal immigration should NOT count because we have seen WHITE Europeans get the same treatment even when they were legal.
Quote:
Stop shooting themselves in the foot and being the party of stupid with comments about rape, the poor, minorities and others
I think the impact of these are varried.
Were Republicans looking for seats that made the rape comments, they did not help themselves and many "dumb" voters or issues voters gravitated to vote against them. But who knows if some of them would have won or not.
What is the hatred on poor and minorities? Is it Republicans wanting a tightening of social welfare programs that have been flooded with cases due to unemployment in this recession and the glorified cases of waste in the system?

The issue to me is these statements are loaded and not as relevant to every case against Republicans as you think.

Last edited by mkpunk; 05-12-2013 at 02:07 PM..

Old 05-12-2013, 01:59 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I never did understand how Democrats think requiring a voter ID is racist. Can someone explain that?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I never did understand how Democrats think requiring a voter ID is racist. Can someone explain that?
Because they see it as the modern day pole tax.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because they see it as the modern day pole tax.
I think you meant "poll", not "pole"

Yet it's not a tax if the ID is needed to get on the welfare programs or get a free phone or get a job or open a bank account or pay for a purchase by check or fly on an airplane or buy an Amtrak ticket or sign up for Obamacare. Requiring an ID then is perfectly fine.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yet it's not a tax if the ID is needed to get on the welfare programs or get a free phone or get a job or open a bank account or pay for a purchase by check or fly on an airplane or buy an Amtrak ticket or sign up for Obamacare. Requiring an ID then is perfectly fine.
Government programs are apparently different than the right to vote at the polls. I don't see the issue for the same reason as you do. The problem is liberals think you should just be able to walk up a polling place and be able to vote then.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:47 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,642 times
i have been saying this for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies