Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 04:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't know.

What is clear, is the progressives politics of raiding the US Treasury, and government sanctioned theft from the producers, and giving away free stuff is easy, everyone likes free stuff. Having freedom, along with the responsibility of taking care of you and yours, with a safety net only for those who truly need it, is tough. The "easy button" is a tough monster to tame.
Giving out freebies will only last until we do not have taxed coming in which if the US becomes France, the rich will just have full-time residence in tax havens like Belize and others.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I don't know, but it sounds like a good fear-mongering phrase to use...
Fear mongering!! I'd say it's Dems who fear monger by telling others Republicans hate everyone. Wait until the Liberals don't need a certain group of people's votes.....out they go like a dirty dish rag!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:46 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm conservative. I think all citizens have the right to vote.
With so many illegals in this country and the level of corruption in society though I'd like to see voter ID laws passed. Just prove who you are and you can vote.
I believe in a representative government.

But what we have today doesn't represent the people.
Government is run by and for the corporation.
Very reasonable.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:50 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
I'm conservative. I think all citizens have the right to vote.
With so many illegals in this country and the level of corruption in society though I'd like to see voter ID laws passed. Just prove who you are and you can vote.
I believe in a representative government.

But what we have today doesn't represent the people.
Government is run by and for the corporation.
Government is run by and for corporations, but the people who are going to be running any society, are going to be the rich and powerful. So in a sense this is inevitable.

conservatives believe there is corruption because conservatives associate certain voters with corruption. It is circular conservative logic.

There is no voter or very little voter corruption. Again, the only voter corruption is that for conservatives too many of the wrong kinds of people who in the conservative mind are associated with corruption are voting which in the conservative mind gets translated into our voting system is corrupt.

So those small government get the government off my back, our traditions are great conservatives are now in favor of the government creating new laws giving the government MORE control over who votes.

As far as those 11 million, once they become citizen and it is clear that's what is going to happen, they will be American citizens who should be able to vote. conservatives fear this because conservatives don't want those people to vote because conservatives don't believe in a representative government for all people.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Government is run by and for corporations, but the people who are going to be running any society, are going to be the rich and powerful. So in a sense this is inevitable.

conservatives believe there is corruption because conservatives associate certain voters with corruption. It is circular conservative logic.

There is no voter or very little voter corruption. Again, the only voter corruption is that for conservatives too many of the wrong kinds of people who in the conservative mind are associated with corruption are voting which in the conservative mind gets translated into our voting system is corrupt.

So those small government get the government off my back, our traditions are great conservatives are now in favor of the government creating new laws giving the government MORE control over who votes.

As far as those 11 million, once they become citizen and it is clear that's what is going to happen, they will be American citizens who should be able to vote. conservatives fear this because conservatives don't want those people to vote because conservatives don't believe in a representative government for all people.
But they won't become citizens for 11 years. A lot can happen in that timeframe.

Oh and there's plenty of corruption alright.
Only our government doesn't audit very well.
The Lifeline program finally went through an audit and 41% of the subscribers were dropped.
That's a huge number of people who were not entitled to government paid phone service.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
But they won't become citizens for 11 years. A lot can happen in that timeframe.

Oh and there's plenty of corruption alright.
Only our government doesn't audit very well.
The Lifeline program finally went through an audit and 41% of the subscribers were dropped.
That's a huge number of people who were not entitled to government paid phone service.
Yes, they may have to wait 11 years because conservatives don't really want them voting, but know you can't very well put people on a path to citizenship and deny them the right to vote, so this is the conservative crappy compromise to not completely turn off hispanic voters.

Democrats are going along because they want something done about immigration generally speaking and see this as a way forward.

Lifeline? I was discussing corruption in voting. The rest of your post is irrelevant and gets off the topic of immigration.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 PM

128 posts, read 93,631 times
Meh whatever. Don't care.

The United States isn't worth saving anymore, it's a shell of its former self. Might as well get what you can out of it and worry about yourself.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, they may have to wait 11 years because conservatives don't really want them voting, but know you can't very well put people on a path to citizenship and deny them the right to vote, so this is the conservative crappy compromise to not completely turn off hispanic voters.

Democrats are going along because they want something done about immigration generally speaking and see this as a way forward.

Lifeline? I was discussing corruption in voting. The rest of your post is irrelevant and gets off the topic of immigration.
This is a bipartisan bill. What are you cheering for..instant citizenship ?

Corruption in voting is no different than corruption in government programs.
Why anyone thinks voting is pristine and free from fraud and corruption is beyond me.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
This is a bipartisan bill. What are you cheering for..instant citizenship ?

Corruption in voting is no different than corruption in government programs.
Why anyone thinks voting is pristine and free from fraud and corruption is beyond me.
Yes, but my immigration policy would be a return to before this nation's first racist immigration bill.
There is very little voter corruption this has been proven over and over. Please stop being illogical.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Romney was the last hope. He openly advocated self deportation, I can't recall another candidate from either party suggesting that. Conservatives today are too easily cowed by liberals' ranting and raving. In the UK both main parties are scrambling to get to the Right on immigration as a third party siphons off their power.

Maybe that's what is needed a viable 3rd party that is unapologetically America first.
Ain't just England: France; Germany, Greece, Italy and even Spain are tightening the screws on ILLEGAL aliens and want them GONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies