Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 10:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeekerBot View Post
I'm a conservative myself, but I don't see why? of course some unions are pointless but others are needed, it made dangerous working conditions much better for their workers, the entire reason we have a "weekend" is because of unions. This anti union rhetoric is the entire reason we are losing voters, I know most union workers are conservative value wise.
Because they are told to vote against their own best interests, and they don't know any better. If you want to see the Dumbing Down of America on display, find a white trash conservative who works for $8.00 an hour and listen to them slam unions, it truly is startling to see and hear.

You wonder,how did the ultra wealthy convince this guy to rant against unions AND argue in favor of tax breaks for billionaires?

The Power of Propaganda + The Dumbing Down of America = a very powerful combination in America.

This forum is inundated with examples of this behavior and mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 AM

126 posts, read 152,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh BS. Unions get all kinds of state and fed contracts where they sit around and do nothing all day long leaching money from their democrat buddies who got em the bid. Premier companies my butt. You don't even know what your talking about.

I googled "crane accident at union job" and go 6.8 million hits. Looks like you have a lot of deflecting to do. lol
Doing nothing, they built the 9/11 memorial, new wtc and every building in NYC. They have done more work in a year than you have your entire life, like i said go down and tell them they sit around doing nothing. Ignorant mother f-er, I swear.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so you are saying that anyone in a union is trash ?
Nope, there are tons of Americans who have no choice but to pay dues to a corrupt labor union in order to maintain employment. I can't fault people for wanting to work, I can however point out how they have no choice but to pay a group of goons who would resort to physical violence against them in a heartbeat.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Screw Unions, they are a disgrace to my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanBklyn View Post
How about the hillbilly inbreds like yourself who have made death threats against anybody who opposes the NRA. Mess with peoples livelihood, and you deserve what you get. Get out of here you piece of garbage.
What does any of this possibly have to do with the NRA? Your anger and ignorance is taking over, it might be time for you to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes before you have a stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because they are told to vote against their own best interests, and they don't know any better. If you want to see the Dumbing Down of America on display, find a white trash conservative who works for $8.00 an hour and listen to them slam unions, it truly is startling to see and hear.

You wonder,how did the ultra wealthy convince this guy to rant against unions AND argue in favor of tax breaks for billionaires?

The Power of Propaganda + The Dumbing Down of America = a very powerful combination in America.

This forum is inundated with examples of this behavior and mindset.
Yup.

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Doing nothing, they built the 9/11 memorial, new wtc and every building in NYC. They have done more work in a year than you have your entire life, like i said go down and tell them they sit around doing nothing. Ignorant mother f-er, I swear.
I'm not going anywhere near a union worksite with all the crane accidents they have. Most people tend to stay away from drunk crane operators.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:35 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
I didn't bother reading through the whole thread, but I can say that the nurses unions are a good thing prior to the few states that have them, nurses would get huge nurse/patient ratios and now that is regulated so it not only benefits the nurses but the patients safety. I belong to a nurses forum and the nurses who do have unions are not only much happier but work in safe conditions that many do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What does any of this possibly have to do with the NRA? Your anger and ignorance is taking over, it might be time for you to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes before you have a stroke.
I really wish you were in front of me right now.

Quote:
Should we interrupt their mid morning beer break or one of their 5 afternoon 15 minute smoke breaks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies