Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do you say that?

No one is trying to force women not to have abortions.

Once you make a conscious decision to birth a child....or have sex in the beginning....you assume that responsibility.
Just as long as you're willing to live by that rule also and are not strapping women with kids and running off.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Now, now, the only lives that "pro-life" people care about anyway are the unborn. Most don't care what happens to them outside the womb. Hypocrisy on both sides, really.

I know it's hard to defend anything as immoral and brutal as abortion on demand, but let's not make things up.

Conservatives support school vouchers, intact two-parent families and safe neighborhoods for every kids in America.

Contrasting that is Dear Leader ending the DC school voucher program that helped low-income students escape the dangerous and failed DC public school system.

Of course, no sooner than the program for the poor kids was ended, the Obama girls were sent to Sidwell.

Sidwell Friends School: Admissions » Tuition and Fees

Did you say something about hypocrisy?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:04 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,617 times
Sure, I'm glad that my mother "chose life," but I'm even more grateful that my life beyond attachment to an umbilical cord (note the emphasis there) wasn't destroyed by, shall we say, a low-life degenerate who lacks the emotional capacity (and the financial resources) to efficiently assist in the development of a human being.

Thanks, Mom!

Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Even though my mom voted for Barack Obama, i still brought flowers.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Now, now, the only lives that "pro-life" people care about anyway are the unborn. Most don't care what happens to them outside the womb. Hypocrisy on both sides, really.
Right - tell that to all the pro life families who have welcomed the "fruit" of unplanned, unwanted, inconvenient pregnancies - either naturally, or via adoption.

Like my own family - three adoptions and we're probably not done yet. My oldest son is very interested in adopting as well, though he did just get married so it's a few years down the road.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 AM

196 posts, read 115,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Even though my mom voted for Barack Obama, i still brought flowers.
Sounds like your mama has a lot of good sense.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - tell that to all the pro life families who have welcomed the "fruit" of unplanned, unwanted, inconvenient pregnancies - either naturally, or via adoption.
Plenty of pro-choice families have done the same, including my own. The beauty of such families: they don't think they are morally superior to those who have legally chosen to terminate a pregnancy.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,251 times
Well...there have been many times I wished my mother hadn't chosen life.
I was adopted at birth by an extremely dysfunctional family.
If she had chosen abortion...I assure you, I wouldn't have known about it.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Plenty of pro-choice families have done the same, including my own. The beauty of such a family is that they don't think they are morally superior to those who have legally chosen to terminate a pregnancy.
I would say that, overall, I too belong to one of these "pro-choice families," and I don't think that a single one of us would be unwilling to support a woman who chooses to carry a pregnancy to term and place it for adoption after birth.

But minus the willingness of an unfit woman (and I realize that many women are simply unaware of the fact that they are, indeed, unfit to have children) to offer her child for adoption, well, her failure to terminate her pregnancy is, in my opinion, grossly irresponsible.

It's also a very good thing that there are so many responsible couples in the world who welcome the opportunity to raise the child of a mother who wilfully surrendered the custody of her child for the sake of its own well-being.

Some women can go through with terminating a pregnancy, and some women can't; either way, a woman who either chooses to terminate her pregancy or legally surrend her child to a responsible party have not, in my view, destroyed the life of a viable human being.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:38 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I'm thankful to know that I would be in heaven now if it was diagnosed that I was going to live my live in pain or my older siblings would not have had a mother around. Kinda a win win situation as far as I'm concerned. Mom's a fiesty old fashioned common sense conservative.

Last edited by elan; 05-12-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies