Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

I, for one am glad that my parents never considered abortion, even when they found out in their 40's that they were expecting.

I love you mom and dad!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Today
Each Day in America

Old 05-12-2013, 06:00 AM

196 posts, read 115,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I, for one am glad that my parents never considered abortion, even when they found out in their 40's that they were expecting.

I love you mom and dad!
I love my mom too....she turned 100 last July 31st. She didn't give birth to any unwanted children. We don't need any more unwanted children in the world. The Republicans like for there to be more unwanted children because it gives them a pool to choose from to incarcerate in their big business prisons or put to death after they've lived a miserable life. Many of them end up volunteering to travel 10,000 miles and fight and die in their wars.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
I love my mom too....she turned 100 last July 31st. She didn't give birth to any unwanted children. We don't need any more unwanted children in the world. The Republicans like for there to be more unwanted children because it gives them a pool to choose from to incarcerate in their big business prisons or put to death after they've lived a miserable life. Many of them end up volunteering to travel 10,000 miles and fight and die in their wars.
That's the right wing mentality for you.
When a crackhead or young child was raped and got pregnant: "Oh those sweet precious little angels! Every one is a such a blessing!"
Once they are born: "Get a job and stop popping out kids you welfare leech!" "I'm not going to pay for you being irresponsible! "No funding for food! No funding for schools! You and your little demon can go to hell!"

Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Considering that my dad had to talk my mother out of aborting me when she got pregnant, yes.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 AM

My mother in law found out that she had a very aggressive form of ovarin cancer while pregnant with my wife.

She had 4 months to go, and was told that it would be "too late" for her if she didn't abort and start treatments right away.

Thank God that my mother in law saw the value of her daughters life and unselfishly was willing to take the risk.

My wife is a very beautiful, highly intelligent educated woman today.

My mother in law is alive and well at 82 years old!

To each his/her own.

I just feel that there should be more stories like this spoken about.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I am very grateful that my mother chose not to terminate her pregnancies with me or my brother. Not only that, but she also took excellent care of herself (and us) while she was pregnant. She did her best to provide a safe, clean, nurturing home for us, as well as a childhood filled with adventures and learning experiences.

Shout out to my mom!

I am also glad that the mothers of my adopted brother, and my adopted grandson, chose to give their children life rather than terminating these "unwanted kids." Both mothers were in very difficult situations when they got pregnant, and could certainly have justified having an abortion, but instead they chose to carry these inconvenient babies to term and give them to families who yearned for them - and by doing so, they gave them life - and gave us someone else to love.

Also - I thank my oldest daughter for my oldest grandchild as well. My daughter was 19, unmarried, and a college student when she found out she was pregnant. She could easily have chosen to do away with this pregnancy - without me ever even knowing it. But she chose life instead. Now, ten years later, her husband just completed the adoption process to adopt her oldest child and give her his last name, but most importantly - to illustrate that he loves her as if she was his own flesh and blood.

I can't even explain the love that washed over me when I first held that tiny five pound first grandchild - such a burden, such an inconvenience, such a destroyer of plans and careers and lives! NOT!

Thank God for "unwanted pregnancies!"

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 05-12-2013 at 06:39 AM..

Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
It is always funny when those who favor the mass slaughter of pre-babies accuse the other side of immorality.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:32 AM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finley01 View Post
Thankfully, you're a minority among most people your age. I'm sure that us younger folks can learn from the older generations, but you...no thanks. Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms out there.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am very grateful that my mother chose not to terminate her pregnancies with me or my brother. Not only that, but she also took excellent care of herself (and us) while she was pregnant. She did her best to provide a safe, clean, nurturing home for us, as well as a childhood filled with adventures and learning experiences.

Shout out to my mom!
Well,

my mother did smoke during her 1st two pregnancies....me and my older sister.

My wife on the other hand gave up coffee and would not even take an aspirin during her two pregnancies.

I greatly admire that in her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies