Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:20 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Your post is simply amazing
Yep, the amenities and opportunities offered in dynamic big cities just can't be matched in a tiny rural town. Yes, the tiny rural town is cheaper but that's because so few people with money want to live in such an isolated and backwards place. Thanks but I will stay in the cosmopolitan California coastal city I live in because I like the weather, the culture, the amenities, and most of all the business opportunities. The ignorant haters can stay in Cow Pie, AK where it is cheap but lacking opportunities and amenities.

Personally, I feel most of this is motivated by jealousy because they know they are not successful enough to make it in the big city so they mindlessly attack that which they secretly want but know they cannot have. It's sad really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Yep, the amenities and opportunities offered in dynamic big cities just can't be matched in a tiny rural town. Yes, the tiny rural town is cheaper but that's because so few people with money want to live in such an isolated and backwards place. Thanks but I will stay in the cosmopolitan California coastal city I live in because I like the weather, the culture, the amenities, and most of all the business opportunities. The ignorant haters can stay in Cow Pie, AK where it is cheap but lacking opportunities and amenities.

Personally, I feel most of this is motivated by jealousy because they know they are not successful enough to make it in the big city so they mindlessly attack that which they secretly want but know they cannot have. It's sad really.
You attack others for use facts in the statements, calling them "elitist", or "Nazis" or "Racist"
or "Stormfront members" all the while you make broad based culture, social and economical statements...

I hope you enjoy California, and its massive costs of living, for a standard of living that is falling year after year.

Ayn Rand - "you can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality"

Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I hope you enjoy California, and its massive costs of living, for a standard of living that is falling year after year
Whereas Nevada is Heaven on Earth, right?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
My standard of living is great and most certainly not falling.

Yes, it costs a bit more to live in paradise where you love each day and you have tons of cultural amenities, fine restaurants, and job opportunities but that's just supply and demand and I find it is worth every penny.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:38 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
You're so full of it. You spammed links to garbage sites which claimed California is some how a 3rd world country then you kept calling them 3rd worlders. Yes, lying is exactly what you did and you can deny it all you want but the facts are there for all to read.
Please.

Post.

The EXACT.

Post.

Where I called Californians...

"3rd worlders".

Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
My standard of living is great and most certainly not falling.

Yes, it costs a bit more to live in paradise where you love each day and you have tons of cultural amenities, fine restaurants, and job opportunities but that's just supply and demand and I find it is worth every penny.
Absolutely, one can have a lower cost of living moving to Hogville, Mississippi but you'll be giving up a cosmopolitan lifestyle, the best restaurants, a comfortable climate and possibly dentistry.

There is a reason the places that have a high cost of living have a high cost of living, they are in high demand.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You attack others for use facts in the statements, calling them "elitist", or "Nazis" or "Racist"
or "Stormfront members" all the while you make broad based culture, social and economical statements...

I hope you enjoy California, and its massive costs of living, for a standard of living that is falling year after year.

Ayn Rand - "you can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality"
Ayn Rand... reality...

Read one of her BIOGRAPHIES, not just her silly books. NO ONE was better at "ignoring reality" than Ayn Rand

Old 05-14-2013, 07:47 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:

Perhaps you can make an intelligent point or two without the sweeping stereotyping of small town USA.

But then again..perhaps not.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:58 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The poorest and least educated states are also the most glowing red. If you want to see a 3rd world dump, just take a drive through the south.
Yeah Detorit is certainly a Republican stronghold!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The poorest and least educated states are also the most glowing red. If you want to see a 3rd world dump, just take a drive through the south.
And look at all the red neck black people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies