Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Don't worry, it will be hacked by amateurs like Anonymous and we will get to see what they are hiding. The feds can't keep anything safe, not even data.
Just exactly whom do you think Anonymous largely consist of? They reek of Alphabet soup. While it is true that secrets in a digital environment are very difficult to keep, the idea that government agencies are incompetent is a stereo type that serves their purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
As long as the FBI does not bust my (friends) for small amounts of marijuana, I do not care if the FBI has 100% access to my computer.

I have nothing to hide from the FBI.

I wonder why all of you are scared of the FBI having access to your computer ??
What are you all hiding ??

I kinda don't trust you people (I want the FBI to have access to your computers.)
Hi Chad. I'm with the FBI, and I received your request for digital surveillance. Just use this lube, spread 'em, and we' ll begin that digital rectal exam as requested. Since we all agree you have nothing to hide up there, we know we can plan on your full cooperation in this matter.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:11 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.
That is not the point. I know there are eyes in the sky in the public and I don't care because there isn't anything I do that I don't want to be seen. But I do mind when my privacy is being invaded. Do you want every keystroke you make monitored? Do you want your privacy invaded? Do you really think this will make the world safer?

This is about data mining and the ability to invade the privacy of people in power or position and use information that they gather to their benefit and control. They will start at the top and work their way down until they have information on every US citizen.

Are you familiar with J Edgar Hoover and how far he wanted to go? This is a modern day J Edgar Hoover agenda.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That is not the point. I know there are eyes in the sky in the public and I don't care because there isn't anything I do that I don't want to be seen. But I do mind when my privacy is being invaded. Do you want every keystroke you make monitored? Do you want your privacy invaded? Do you really think this will make the world safer?

This is about data mining and the ability to invade the privacy of people in power or position and use information that they gather to their benefit and control. They will start at the top and work their way down until they have information on every US citizen.

Are you familiar with J Edgar Hoover and how far he wanted to go? This is a modern day J Edgar Hoover agenda.
It is no coincidence that the IRS and all these other alphabet agencies are talking about more data mining and access at the same time. Claiming it under the Big T is a magic bullet. This kind of consolidation of power and control never ends well. Look at this case.
TSA Lawsuit Reveals No Federal Jurisdiction

Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They wouldn't be building that monster of a data center in Utah if they didn't already have plans.
They are working 24/7 to get it built and it's going to be done and operational this year.
It's 87% complete and will be used to "keep the nation safe".

NSA Utah Data Center - Serving Our Nation's Intelligence Community

This is serious data folks..it will have it's own chiller plant and over 60 emergency generators.
Full of Titan supercomputers storing zettabytes of data.

They are going to grab that data no matter what anyone says.
Oh lookie!!! Job creation. Just one problem: apparently we don't have enough Americans who are IT savvy and that's why the increase in the number of work visas? There will be people from India, Pakistan, China monitoring us. But, who will be monitoring them???

Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Hi Chad. I'm with the FBI, and I received your request for digital surveillance. Just use this lube, spread 'em, and we' ll begin that digital rectal exam as requested. Since we all agree you have nothing to hide up there, we know we can plan on your full cooperation in this matter.
More like raid your home with a swat team after we plant god knows what, traumatize, harm you and your family then take all your stuff in for evidence then send you the bill. Man seriously crazy road.

Some guy they just grabbed and locked away was apparently charged with "sharing a link"? Think about that.
Here is that story.
The US government might be the biggest hacker in the world
quote:
Brown fired back from prison: “It makes it much more obvious that this investigation and the charges against me has to do with our successful research into what may be criminal activities by firms close to the government.”
If convicted on all counts — more than one dozen including threatening a federal agent and sharing a hyperlink — Brown could be sentenced to 100 years in prison.

Last edited by CDusr; 05-13-2013 at 12:35 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Chad, this is about cybersecurity and keeping the nation safe.
It's not about checking your email for spam. That's what Norton is for.

Do you really think the FBI is going to monitory email accounts for spam and viruses ?
Is that the job of the NSA..to make sure folks can open their spam mail with confidence ?

Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh lookie!!! Job creation. Just one problem: apparently we don't have enough Americans who are IT savvy and that's why the increase in the number of work visas? There will be people from India, Pakistan, China monitoring us. But, who will be monitoring them???
Everything that has contributed to this is making all this data collectible and accessible to "private" contractors and businesses also. I mean people talk about ID theft. Heck the DMVs sell your info. Info is worth mega bucks.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Do all of you experts believe we are not paying some alfabet soup agent is not reading City-Data as we type? Our government would be negligent if it was not.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Do all of you experts believe we are not paying some alfabet soup agent is not reading City-Data as we type? Our government would be negligent if it was not.
I don't think anybody here is an expert. I also don't doubt your claim. I know someone claims to be a DHS guy on here. Do you think no one has thought of that? Many links were just posted showing that there is all kind of digital info they have access to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies