Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Freedom to be unfairly targeted by your government due to your political affiliations.
Freedom from fear of prosecution by Government to testify as a witness.

I kinda think those two trump a few you've claimed to have (in blue no less) but in reality have been shown to be mere words on a piece of yellow parchment.
I find myself in complete agreement with you, that since 2008 (with the arrival of "Chicago-on-the-Potomac") Obama and his knee-cappers have done a great deal to quelch open debate, open discusssion, open political association etc., etc., etc.,

It is a disgraceful, malignant, anti-American wind that has blown into the Oval Office, the heads of Department, agencies as other Czar-ship positons. Freedom is in dire jeapordy because Obama and his henchmen (Thugocrats one and all), and I thank you for bringining it up, and pointing it out.

Last edited by Robin Rossi; 05-16-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Those are my words in response to another's post to which YOU agreed to the content!

"appear to tend"; what the heck is that?

Typical Robin; use the word liar to describe someone; keep repeating it ad-nauseam regardless of it's accuracy.
Robin give this 'off topic' stuff a rest. You post inaccuracies all the time and when offered factual links in rebuttal, simply move onto another thread to wash, rinse and repeat the same obfuscation over and over again.

Start a thread titled "Robin's propensity for repeating falsehoods after factual links in opposition are ignored" and we can discuss it at your whim.

Just don't be too shocked if you're inundated and overwhelmed by the resultant flood.

Have a nice day sunshine.
I merely said that people come to America for Freedom. That is all I said, and I get a double barrel of 30 dreamer 70 liar, which your gave a thumbs-up to.

What would you have me say, people come to America to be enslaved???

Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I merely said that people come to America for Freedom. That is all I said, and I get a double barrel of 30 dreamer 70 liar, which your gave a thumbs-up to.

BY the worship the big business and capitalist Greed is good economic system yes-they are enslaved

As far as rights you had actually bothered to read my comment I said Australia has JUST AS MANY IF NOT MORE-i listed a bunch there.
Australia has better economic freedom for its people. Businesses are heavily regulated with minimal corruption, unlike your precious U$ Public finances are well managed-so folks don't lose their life savings in Enron type scandals. In the US, if you're down that's where you'll stay as the playing field is so tilted towards the employer and big business (genuflects and tosses rose petals) trickle down economics is not the answer, as the greedy rich that lots of CDers like to worship, just take their money and run.
We here have the right to healthcare, U$ does NOT and no the ER doesn't count. Business climate is transparent. Government is held accountable for their actions -doubt you;d ever see a pathetic "PatriotAct" done here.
Australian has the Fair Work system- This attempts to bring about safer, fairer and more productive workplaces for employers and employees by promoting and supporting the adoption of fair and flexible workplace arrangements and safer working conditions-this idea would never work in the U$ as fairness has no place in american economics.

I could keep going but the point is Oz has as many, maybe more, but we do enjoy a better quality of life. Face it R-squared-America sucks, and attitudes like yours will ensure that it will suck even worse. No one likes a rigged game, except the greedy rich. America-you suck

Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:

Well since you ask; I would have you say people come to America for all the SAME reasons they emigrate anywhere else in the world.

Your implication by picking one specific feature, was that they come to America because America's freedoms are superior to all others.

You are ignoring the reality that people have come to your country from everywhere on the planet. Some of those places don't even have taxes, they probably don't have running water either, but you get my drift, they could arguably be said to be way "more free" than America.

Slide on down to any number of equator zone islands and try telling the guy sleeping in a hammock for 22 hours of every 24 that he needs to be more free by moving to America and watch entranced while a glazed look comes over his face.

Your country is one that presents any number of wonderful opportunities, of course freedom is one of them, but MANY other countries present that particular opportunity, and some even more so.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
BY the worship the big business and capitalist Greed is good economic system yes-they are enslaved

As far as rights you had actually bothered to read my comment I said Australia has JUST AS MANY IF NOT MORE-i listed a bunch there.
Australia has better economic freedom for its people. Businesses are heavily regulated with minimal corruption, unlike your precious U$ Public finances are well managed-so folks don't lose their life savings in Enron type scandals. In the US, if you're down that's where you'll stay as the playing field is so tilted towards the employer and big business (genuflects and tosses rose petals) trickle down economics is not the answer, as the greedy rich that lots of CDers like to worship, just take their money and run.
We here have the right to healthcare, U$ does NOT and no the ER doesn't count. Business climate is transparent. Government is held accountable for their actions -doubt you;d ever see a pathetic "PatriotAct" done here.
Australian has the Fair Work system- This attempts to bring about safer, fairer and more productive workplaces for employers and employees by promoting and supporting the adoption of fair and flexible workplace arrangements and safer working conditions-this idea would never work in the U$ as fairness has no place in american economics.

I could keep going but the point is Oz has as many, maybe more, but we do enjoy a better quality of life. Face it R-squared-America sucks, and attitudes like yours will ensure that it will suck even worse. No one likes a rigged game, except the greedy rich. America-you suck
What I am telling you is compltely and absolutely true. In one of my business, I attract a lot of attention from people from Oz. However, after several bad oz "customer", I decline each and every oz order I get. I ship to UK, Canada, Bermuda, Bahamas and a lot of other plces, but I have blacklisted OX. Too much of the criminal-class "elements" still in tooo many people there.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
I find myself in complete agreement with you, that since 2008 (with the arrival of "Chicago-on-the-Potomac") Obama and his knee-cappers have done a great deal to quelch open debate, open discusssion, open political association etc., etc., etc.,

It is a disgraceful, malignant, anti-American wind that has blown into the Oval Office, the heads of Department, agencies as other Czar-ship positons. Freedom is in dire jeapordy because Obama and his henchmen (Thugocrats one and all), and I thank you for bringining it up, and pointing it out.

Robin; You are displaying that very tendency that has brought your political system into such ill repute.

Focusing onto Obama and his crew while ignoring past transgressions by any number of his predecessors and attributing markers to his administration that you think are unique in your history.

It never should have come to this red against blue, dem's against pubs, lib's against con's and for you folks to not see how infantile this makes you appear to the rest of the planet is an indictment on your common sense. This is nothing more than a deflection your political parties stumbled upon by accident that has served them very well for over a hundred years.

Gulliver's Travels was written as a parody; it was never intended to be the instruction manual for Washington politics.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Evidently, you've not spend much time in the land of opportunity. Too bad, your lose.

But to be fair, I think it is all evaporatin under the onslaught o Obama and the likes. I am formally nation-shopping at this time.

Being able to keep my Holland 7 Holland double rifles that I took my first elephant and Buff with are critical, though.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Robin; You are displaying that very tendency that has brought your political system into such ill repute.

Focusing onto Obama and his crew while ignoring past transgressions by any number of his predecessors and attributing markers to his administration that you think are unique in your history.

It never should have come to this red against blue, dem's against pubs, lib's against con's and for you folks to not see how infantile this makes you appear to the rest of the planet is an indictment on your common sense. This is nothing more than a deflection your political parties stumbled upon by accident that has served them very well for over a hundred years.

Gulliver's Travels was written as a parody; it was never intended to be the instruction manual for Washington politics.
Well, I have to be compltely and fully honest with you. I am disgusted by Rin's as well. 6 months ago I gave my GOP registration and re-registered as a independent (not member of Independent Partyl

I am an unabashed Conservative, i.e. I believe in preserving the great characteristics that made our nation great. They are not uniique to, necessarily, a political party per se, but ideological PRINCIPLES. Self-reliance, independence, small, distributed government and the maximization of personal freedom.

Along the way, two politically-deadly events have transpired., with a handfull of lesser mortality.

First, the Democrat Party has become taken over by the Progressives who seek to rent assunder our great nation. The ideo of limited government, and enhanced personal freedom are not only the stuff of stand-up comedy, but an effront to them. Obama, btw, is saturated in that movement, as are a few GOPers, but very few.

Second, the press, has abandoned all concept of being the neutral chronicler of the events of impot in society. Instead, they take sides, and it is always the Demcrate/leftist/Progressive side. The very few that haven't (Fox News, Talk Radio (Rush, Sean, Mark etc) are villified.

So people like me, who care about freedom, liberty, self-actualization etc. have three choices. 1. Engage in the words-war we so here. 2. Give up and basically joing the movement (Rino's have done that) or 3. Find another country (am have just today started that.

I am not dismissing transfressions by another past or present, but 1. Nobody comes close to the same Universe as Obama does

2. Obama, and nobdy else, not Nixon, not Carter, not Reagan, not Anyone else, is curretnly in the driver's seat.

All pilots will tell you that the Runway behind you is of no relevance whatsoever, be in 1,000' or 10,000.

All that matters is the runway in FRONT of you - eh!!

Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Evidently, you've not spend much time in the land of opportunity. Too bad, your lose.

But to be fair, I think it is all evaporatin under the onslaught o Obama and the likes. I am formally nation-shopping at this time.

Being able to keep my Holland 7 Holland double rifles that I took my first elephant and Buff with are critical, though.

I guess 45 years of time spent in the so-called "land of opportunity" wasn't enough. My loss, I guess right? I'd have to say the only regret was not immigrating sooner. Nothing wrong with looking at other countries, but I thought the conservative mantra was "America-love it or leave it"

I left because I had had enough of what america had become, with the pathetic "system" of "let's find a way to decline coverage" wealthcare, and took an opportunity to move to a nation where I am much happier. I just fit in better here. Feels good knowing if something bad happens to us through no fault of our own, that we won't end up on the street, and that by working hard at my job, and being the best possible employee I can be, I will be treated fairly. I had to give up my handgun, but small price to pay to live in a better country, and besides, I don't need guns to be cool, or to feel tough and important

Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I guess 45 years of time spent in the so-called "land of opportunity" wasn't enough. My loss, I guess right? I'd have to say the only regret was not immigrating sooner. Nothing wrong with looking at other countries, but I thought the conservative mantra was "America-love it or leave it"

I left because I had had enough of what america had become, with the pathetic "system" of "let's find a way to decline coverage" wealthcare, and took an opportunity to move to a nation where I am much happier. I just fit in better here. Feels good knowing if something bad happens to us through no fault of our own, that we won't end up on the street, and that by working hard at my job, and being the best possible employee I can be, I will be treated fairly. I had to give up my handgun, but small price to pay to live in a better country, and besides, I don't need guns to be cool, or to feel tough and important
I tried to immitgrate into Australia, believe it or not, back in the early '80s. Was impressed by the energy of the people and their less-formal ways. However, there open-door policy came bo an abrupt end before I could get my birth certifate shipped out from the mainland. I might give up my handguns (Brownig Hi-Powers, but what about my collection of M1 Garand Rifles, H & H double Rifles and black-powder stuff? My Beloeved AR15 - the sweetest shooting rifle ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies