Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
But, I also didn't have the effects to bail me out of a bad decision like some will have moving forward.
So that's your real complaint? You're jealous that they have options you did not?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
I'm not making the connection.
Dr. Zhivago.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Right? It's only logical..

If you support children making adult decisions and adult actions....let's make them adults.

Next up, child labor laws.
What is the Age of Consent in Hawaii?

In Hawaii, the legal age of consent to have sex is 16 years old. A person who is 14 or older can legally consent to sex with a person who is 19 or younger.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So that's your real complaint? You're jealous that they have options you did not?

Do you want to argue over the definition of "perception" now?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
What is the Age of Consent in Hawaii?

In Hawaii, the legal age of consent to have sex is 16 years old. A person who is 14 or older can legally consent to sex with a person who is 19 or younger.
???

Ok?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Prove it. Show us the circle.

There you go. The boy can be taught. Nice of you to finally catch up on the facts. Now you need to finally assemble an argument.

Asked and answered. They are all judgment calls.

Assumes facts not in evidence. You have yet to apply any logic at all.
Next time don't cherry pick the argument.

You should know these things since you have the appearance of loving to debate.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Dr. Zhivago.
Forgive my aloofness...

Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Forgive my aloofness...
Okay, you're forgiven.
The 1960's could be defined by conservatives as the beginning of moral decline in the world, not just in the USA.

Do what I do every once in awhile, type a year in a Google search bar, and click on links to world events, it's quite interesting.

BTW, my father was a metal worker in a sheet metal shop in the 1960's, and do you know what I find odd about the way he dressed for work everyday? He always wore a hat when going anywhere, summer or winter. He had several Stetsons, one for the market, one for working on cars, one for work, one for after 5 dinners, etc..Most men did wear hats back in those days, and women usually always wore some kind of head cover, babushka, hat or something.

When was it when men stopped wearing hats in public? When did women quit wearing babushkas?
It's about the same question you asked several posts back.

Quote:
That's a bad thing?

15 to me isn't a "child" but a young adult.

When I was 15.. I was addressed as such! And so were most mid term high schoolers... When was this lost?
When is innocence really lost?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Okay, you're forgiven.
The 1960's could be defined by conservatives as the beginning of moral decline in the world, not just in the USA.

Do what I do every once in awhile, type a year in a Google search bar, and click on links to world events, it's quite interesting.

BTW, my father was a metal worker in a sheet metal shop in the 1960's, and do you know what I find odd about the way he dressed for work everyday? He always wore a hat when going anywhere, summer or winter. He had several Stetsons, one for the market, one for working on cars, one for work, one for after 5 dinners, etc..Most men did wear hats back in those days, and women usually always wore some kind of head cover, babushka, hat or something.

When was it when men stopped wearing hats in public? When did women quit wearing babushkas?
It's about the same question you asked several posts back.
I still wear a hat out in public...everyday. Ironically, my father never did. He was also nothing close to a social conservative. I adopted my social values from my mothers side...my grandfather wore hats in public occasionally. My grandmother nearly always had a headdress.

Quote:
When is innocence really lost?
When you agree to the C-D TOS

Old 05-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I still wear a hat out in public...everyday. Ironically, my father never did. He was also nothing close to a social conservative. I adopted my social values from my mothers side...my grandfather wore hats in public occasionally. My grandmother nearly always had a headdress.

When you agree to the C-D TOS
What......? a Budweiser hat?

My father was definitely a conservative, he hated Richard J. Daley and the Machine's guts with a passion.
Any place you go has rules, be it here, a store, a gas station, some people like to bend 'em.
You said 15 is old enough to know when to say no, in how you alluded to it.

I think youngsters these days are old enough to say no, but do it anyways because they're using a pill. What some don't practice is that the pill doesn't protect them from STD's. But, education should begin at a early age. My public elementary school in Chicago was teaching about sex in I believe the 7th. or 8th. grade, it was called, I believe, social studies.

I'd found that my daughter @ 15 was using birth control pills. She was going on 35 and thought she knew everything there is to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies