Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:14 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Honestly, it might have less of a lasting effect than aborting a baby at 15 years old.
WHAT?????????

They BOTH have lasting effects....trust me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yes, let them suffer.

If a parent can sit down and teach a child that a few moments of pleasure can lead to a lifetime of pain, several times...and that message is not heeded. Then maybe that person is just a lost cause anyway.

Sometimes you gotta leave animals on the side of the road to die and be cleaned up by nature.
Your post is a great example of what bad parenting is and the reason why we have a problem with teenage pregnancy and single mothers in this country.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 AM

Why is Hot hands focused on girls?

If we teach boys how to be men then girls wouldn't need Plan B.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:18 AM

I more worried about some grown man taking advantage of my daughter than her having access to Plan B.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why is Hot hands focused on girls?

If we teach boys how to be men then girls wouldn't need Plan B.
Because last time I checked, the Plan B pill is for girls. The end game is with the female.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
Quote:
Yes, let them suffer.

If a parent can sit down and teach a child that a few moments of pleasure can lead to a lifetime of pain, several times...and that message is not heeded. Then maybe that person is just a lost cause anyway.

Sometimes you gotta leave animals on the side of the road to die and be cleaned up by nature.
That's your parenting choice...I would never do that to any child of mine. Teens are impulsive at times..it's part of that particular developmental stage. Teens can be grandiose and while they are capable of understanding that bad things happen...they still suffer from magical thinking at times. This is why they say stupid stuff like...I will never wash dishes when I grow up because I will have a maid! I'm going to get my own apt and car as soon as I turn 18! To me sex is not a sin punishable by life in prison or death. Sometimes common sense has to prevail and damage from an unpleasant situation has to be controlled.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Your post is a great example of what bad parenting is and the reason why we have a problem with teenage pregnancy and single mothers in this country.
Oh really? That's the problem?

If your opinion of "bad parenting" consists primarily of "an absent father"....I'd agree. But it isn't, so your opinion sucks.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Because last time I checked, the Plan B pill is for girls. The end game is with the female.
I didn't know girls got pregnant by themselves.

As I said,teach boys to control their sex drive(and teach girls to close the legs) we won't need to have Plan B.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
by that rationale? Better?
Marginally.

Still looking for your first attempt at actual logic.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
That's your parenting choice...I would never do that to any child of mine. Teens are impulsive at times..it's part of that particular developmental stage. Teens can be grandiose and while they are capable of understanding that bad things happen...they still suffer from magical thinking at times. This is why they say stupid stuff like...I will never wash dishes when I grow up because I will have a maid! I'm going to get my own apt and car as soon as I turn 18! To me sex is not a sin punishable by life in prison or death. Sometimes common sense has to prevail and damage from an unpleasant situation has to be controlled.
My logic is, consistency. Sure, you would think kin selection would cause a parent to soften their stance on certain values. I hold them to the standard I would want in society overall. But coddling children and giving the benefit of the doubt has gotten this country to the point where we have become nothing but entitled brats.

Sorry, but at some point you have to make the bed you lay in.

At what point do you accept that children are capable of critical thought? Actions have consequences and some actions have to have a no tolerance policy. Bailing out bad decisions only breeds an environment conducive for more bad decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies