Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 06:35 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
This.

All ya bigots would be ticked if there was no cheap ass labor to do your yard work, clean your hotel rooms, wash your dishes in restaurants, and pick your produce.
It is against the law to hire illegal aliens. Most Americans do not hire them. Who do you think did those jobs before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor to undercut Americans on them? As for picking produce only 3% of illegals are doing that and for that there are unlimited visas for legal foreigner workers but again greed sets in my the growers. Where is this bigotry you speak of? Are you not aware that we allow in over 1 million legal immigrants per year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
This work is better than their country offers. It's called free market capitalism. Would you prefer the "whites" in this country, who have fought and died over the last two centuries for decent paying jobs do this work? I don't support capitalism, except that I'm absolutely forced to in the current system. It's theft AND slavery. Do you?
Uh; you have a problem with Americans of ANY color doing work IN the US? I don't. I DON'T give a damn about a bunch of ILLEGAL aliens; they can go HOME.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; in 2013; you ain't a "liberal" IMHO if you have common sense, especially going by looking at the "libs" out there who live in la la land.
According to The Political Compass test, yes I am.

Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

That puts me in the lower left quadrant, same one as Gandhi, the Dalai Lama, and Nelson Mandela.

Our "liberal" politicians in the US are in the upper right quadrant, same one as the conservatives (and David Cameron and Angela Merkel and Hu Jintao)...hence cementing my argument that they're all pretty much the same.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes. Of course whites should do every type of job. Only racist societies divide up labor roles by race. It may be normal in Mexico for darker skinned people to do all the hard manual work but I want America to be better than that.
I wanted to highlight the text that raised my eyebrows, but it ended up being the whole quote anyway. What has provided you the perspective on labor in Mexico? Have you been anywhere other than a resort there?

This topic is descending further into the immigration morass for where it was maybe intended. Thanks Ani and Alex, for being non-Mexicans and getting such division started about them. Thanks "All American NYC", we need more of these mistaken topics.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of Mexicans like Taco Bell tacos. Here on the border, Taco Bell does quite well. Plenty of Chihuahua license plates on the customers' cars.

It's like anything -- who cares if the Mexican government approves if you like them. Mexican also got offended over that little chihuahua dog saying "yo quiero Taco Bell" -- now they don't want people eating tacos at all?
Maybe it has to do with "controlling" and people think it's just one guy's dumb idea. Conquer and divide under the people's noses and those Americans won't even see us coming.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe it has to do with "controlling" and people think it's just one guy's dumb idea. Conquer and divide under the people's noses and those Americans won't even see us coming.
No, this is put out in the spirit of displaced anger. "Oh yeah, if they get offended by this, let me tell you what I am offended about by them.". And the really sad commentary was that none of the students were in the group that gets the backlash.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I thought tacos are actually Tex-Mex rather than real Mexican food.
This is an interesting article on where tacos came from. They are an adaptation of "real" Mexican food, what we call Taquitos and/or Floutas, and sometimes they are called Rolled Tacos.

Where Did the Taco Come From? | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian Magazine

I'm mostly Mexican, and I don't find eating Tacos offensive. Any more than I find eating bratworst offensive to my german heritage, or haggis to my scottish heritage (I know they aren't minorities NOW, but they were at one time in the US).

I do find calling Taco Bell "Mexican Food" offensive though... LOL! If you're going to call ANY fast food place Mexican, it should be Dell Taco! But really, none of the fast food chains do Mexican food very authentically, but that's not what they are trying to do. Any more than you would consider McDonalds a "good" hamburger! Fast food can't compare to real, homemade food. The BEST places to get real mexican food are the hole in the walls places, that generally look dirty, but you know the hot sauce is so spicy no bacteria or bugs could live in it, so you're safe! LOL!

Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Well the Italian in me, says you people who eat pizza, well then i am not offended by you eating pizza. This is the dumbest post ever.

The art of food and cooking is to be enjoyed by all. Infact i have a big house, big yard, i am in the mood for making my famous pork, beef, and chikcen tacos and enchildas, and my famous big big boy buritos. My mexian rice, beans, corn dish, drinks, and your all invited.

The best foods of any cutlure are those that are homemade. I think people get offended these days at the drop of a hat, and it is ridiculous. And i am making tacos, and enchildas and my enchilda casserole, and buritos tonight, i am in the mood for cooking infact my pork and beef have been slow cooking all day, that is what gives you the best taste and tenderness to the meat. And a few secret ingredients in the meat.

I am not offended that people love too share and eat, come to my house, and manga manga!

On my deck we can share a drink, and talk about politics!

Old 05-15-2013, 02:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sound like a threat to me.
Naw..... Up here in cold dank wet soggy bug ridden New Hampshire we can use little mexicans to feed the blood sucking bugs. Somebody has to be bait.

We feed all sorts of minorities to the bugs here. Currently it's ticks and black flies. Pretty soon in addition it will be moose flies, deer flies, green head flies deep meat eaters o man when they take a bite you get a hole 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch, skeeters the size of a vulture, no-see-ums (drive you insane with itch) and some other pesky blood sucking insects I just don't recall off the tip of my head.

So please send minorities to NH...... We even have snow flies and snow fleas in winter.... See there I did forget fleas...... Fleas here are like a blue steel chip off a mill or lathe, feels the same when they bite as a chip splinter does until the itch starts then the infection us always fun.

I ain't worried about nuthin. Why I even have a black fly gun. maybe i will post a picture of me with it drinking a beer and eating a taco.

I figure its this way man.... If all these minorities are going to get offended in the USA I may as well be the one to offend then as best i can.

Maybe i should go to where ever it is they came from and be as offended or just offend they right at home..

The fact I am offended by them coming here seems moot, but I have far more rights than some schumck here on a green card visa.

In America You be American or get ready to be Offended.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:34 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Just so we are clear, here are the recently-elected leadership of "ASG" (Associated Student Group at Northwestern University):

Ani Ajith and Alex Van Atta. They aren't Mexicans (Ani is of Indian ancestry). Apparently, they were the only ones that signed the letter, I don't know if the Alianza leadership (that is falsely identified as the originating organization) also listed gave tacit approval or even saw it beforehand.
Wanna be Mexicans....... it's all the same.... The Indian can go home too. The other dweeb can go anyplace he pleases... I'ld be happy to hang him in a tree and let the bugs eat him alive.

Offend often, and offend equally...

Minority Go Home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies