Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 01:53 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times

Advertisements

All because of a burglary, 2 people are dead, one of which was not involved in any way.

Minneapolis police chase leaves 3 injured, 2 dead | mndaily.com - The Minnesota Daily

Is this how cheap human life has become in the US, that people are killed like animals, just to catch a thief??

Sad and tragic. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Peace.
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Sadly this is happening all over, not just US. Why are you ashamed? The people who perpetrated the acts are responsible.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Sadly this is happening all over, not just US. Why are you ashamed? The people who perpetrated the acts are responsible.
No, the burglar did not hit the motorcyclist.

And besides, that's not the issue. Is it worth it to kill people to stop someone who stole something? Is that how low the value of life has become in the US?

The way I see it, people are worth more than a TV or a diamond ring.

Peace.
brian

Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 PM

168 posts, read 335,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

And besides, that's not the issue. Is it worth it to kill people to stop someone who stole something? Is that how low the value of life has become in the US?

Peace.
brian
How would you like it if someone broke into your home and stole everything you owned?

I work hard for the things that I own and I wouldnt like it if someone where to break into my home and take them, I would want everything possible to be done to stop them. If that means using force including deadly force then yes I would approve of it. I dont go stealing from others and I expect people to not steal from me.

The next time someone tries to steal from someone I know can I put up a sign and redirect them to where you live?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
When some among us condone and even celebrate the killing of the youngest and most vulnerable individuals, than how can we as a society honestly say that any life has value?

Old 05-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
How would you like it if someone broke into your home and stole everything you owned?

I work hard for the things that I own and I wouldnt like it if someone where to break into my home and take them, I would want everything possible to be done to stop them. If that means using force including deadly force then yes I would approve of it. I dont go stealing from others and I expect people to not steal from me.

The next time someone tries to steal from someone I know can I put up a sign and redirect them to where you live?
Well, I used to think that way, too.
Today, I don't think a computer or a microwave is more important than a human life.

Unfortunately, many of us still don't value life as much as our material goods. That's the whole thing in a nutshell.

Peace.
brian

Old 05-12-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Peace.
brian
I think you misunderstood. I should clarify. The act I was referring to was not the robbery act. Unfortunately, there are horrors all over from said officers. They are rarely held accountable for this. It is indeed a concern. Tazering, pepperspraying, putting down people, whom are elderly and handicapped who have actually done nothing in many cases. You as a victim will receive the bill, however.

Florida Officers Toture 62 Year Old Man To Death Over 48 Hours in "The Devils Chair" - YouTube

Rochester dirty azz cops - (that's y they don't get no respect) - YouTube

Old 05-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
I think you misunderstood. I should clarify. The act I was referring to was not the robbery act. Unfortunately, there are horrors all over from said officers. They are rarely held accountable for this. It is indeed a concern. Tazering, pepperspraying, putting down people, whom are elderly and handicapped who have actually done nothing in many cases. You as a victim will receive the bill, however.

Florida Officers Toture 62 Year Old Man To Death Over 48 Hours in "The Devils Chair" - YouTube

Rochester dirty azz cops - (that's y they don't get no respect) - YouTube
I didn't watch the videos because they make me sick (and I've seen similar ones in the past anyway).

But I agree with you. Demanding accountability would certainly be an improvement.

I read an article a few months back, where another Mpls cop shot (and killed) a man who they "considered dangerous" because he was waving a knife.

Back to the Far West I guess!

Peace.
brian

Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't watch the videos because they make me sick (and I've seen similar ones in the past anyway).

But I agree with you. Demanding accountability would certainly be an improvement.

I read an article a few months back, where another Mpls cop shot (and killed) a man who they "considered dangerous" because he was waving a knife.

Back to the Far West I guess!

Peace.
brian
Stealing isn't ok. I mean somebody stealing to survive we can understand. An officer trying to catch a thief is one thing, but public safety should be of concern. Police have been trained with some disturbing material and military tools for sometime now. They are most likely not held accountable because that reflects on the corporations liability. I find it deeply disturbing. Basically a secondary psychopathy. I don't think the encouragement or funding of this is accidental.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post

Well said. They are not stealing stuff; they are stealing our life away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies