Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
After Obama runs over the Constitution and all you liberals can do is whine about what Bush did or did not do,is pathetic.
The Constitution has been dead long before Obama claimed the throne. It's been mostly dead since Lincoln.

Cleveland (the last good President) tried to save it, but every subsequent king has just trashed it further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Who was it that told AP that the Justice Dept was looking into their phone records in order to find the leak source of Yemen activity?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Most of you are dumb. The Patriot Act passed under Bush allows this to occur. I don't like it, but it is not illegal.

Its also comical that the majority of you conservatives who have done nothing more than bemoan the 'lame stream media' are suddenly super concerned about them.
It gets funnier when you consider the GOP demands to leave no stone unturned to find out how the leak occurred that triggered the subpoenas.

“The FBI has to do a full and complete investigation, because this really is criminal in the literal sense of the word to leak out this type of sensitive, classified information on really almost unparalleled penetration of the enemy,” Representative Peter King, a New York Republican who is chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said in an interview today on CNN’s “State of the Union” television program.

King said reports provided to some news organizations on counterterrorism measures that included use of a double agent and disrupted a plot to build a potentially undetectable airline bomb “caused the operation to be cut short before it could get all the information that could have been gotten.”

Representative Mike Rogers, a Republican from Michigan who heads the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said his panel is conducting a “preliminary review” into what he termed “a damaging leak.”

“We will make a determination -- either a full-blown committee investigation or we’ll refer it to criminal charges to the FBI,” he said on the CBS program “Face the Nation.”
Lawmakers Call for Investigation of Yemen Bomb Plot Leaks - Bloomberg

Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From Yahoo News - "WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news."
Govt obtains wide AP phone records in probe

I think this administration is losing their minds. Spying on the AP? Turning on one of the mainstays of the MSM? What a glorious turf war this is going to start.

Oh, this is going to be a lovely mess. I can hardly wait.

This is why:

Gov't probe obtains wide swath of AP phone records | General Headlines | Comcast

The government would not say why it sought the records. Officials have previously said in public testimony that the U.S. attorney in Washington is conducting a criminal investigation into who may have provided information contained in a May 7, 2012, AP story about a foiled terror plot. The story disclosed details of a CIA operation in Yemen that stopped an al-Qaida plot in the spring of 2012 to detonate a bomb on an airplane bound for the United States.

In testimony in February, CIA Director John Brennan noted that the FBI had questioned him about whether he was AP's source, which he denied. He called the release of the information to the media about the terror plot an "unauthorized and dangerous disclosure of classified information."

Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Believe me, neither you nor I have anything worthy of being listened to. I would bet my last nickel they never listened to you or me.

Should they be allowed to? No. But the fact remains there aren't enough people on earth to spy on the average citizen's phone calls and/or email. They aren't going to waste their time unless there's a reason. If you wish to use keywords in your communications, they might sit up straight and pay attention, like the freaking IRS did. I'm more offended by that than I am about them listening to my worthless phone calls.
The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
And Obama renewed the Patriot Act.
And aggressively prosecutes whistleblowers.
And is keeping Bradley Manning as a political prisoner.

And signed the NDAA.

Enjoy!

NDAA | American Civil Liberties Union
LOL! Trying to save the OP some right wing face? Nice.

Fact is, your OP (I'm sure a right winger like you) had no f clue his favorite president is famous for a freedom-denying measure unlike the U.S. has ever seen. If I were him, I'd remove the OP, if possible.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,164,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Bush? You mean the guy who brought us the Patriot Act? You serious, Clark?
You mean the law that was passed by the Senate 98-0? The law that was renewed in 2006 with yes votes from Reid, Feinstein, and Boxer?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
LOL! Trying to save the OP some right wing face? Nice.

Fact is, your OP (I'm sure a right winger like you) had no f clue his favorite president is famous for a freedom-denying measure unlike the U.S. has ever seen. If I were him, I'd remove the OP, if possible.
I'm not a right-winger.

Bush was one of the worst Kings in American history and should be in jail, along with Darth Cheney and Rummy.

And nice of you to avoid the fact that Obama (a right-winger himself) extended the Patriot Act and signed the NDAA, which makes the Patriot Act look like a vacation in Maui.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:26 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Bush? You mean the guy who brought us the Patriot Act? You serious, Clark?
Whereas we now have Obama, the guy that not only preserved all of the Patriot Act from the Bush era, and even expanded portions. The President whose own Justice Department just secretly rolled up phone records of AP reporters. Please, lecture on about the evils of invasions of Fourth Amendment rights while the current administration makes even more of a mockery of them than the previous, though hard to believe...

Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
And Obama renewed the Patriot Act.
And aggressively prosecutes whistleblowers.
And is keeping Bradley Manning as a political prisoner.

And signed the NDAA.

Enjoy!

NDAA | American Civil Liberties Union
No. That was Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies