Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support the United States to adopt Christianity as an official state religion (no specific
Yes 29 10.18%
No 254 89.12%
Unsure/No opinion 2 0.70%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
This is MY country. BTW your state is an embarrassment to Americans LOL.... Highest rate of obesity, low income, high crime rate, lowest education rate, high rate of abortion and teenage pregnancy, and more big mess!
That's not what you said in another thread. You immigrated, and your parents are immigrants that are mooching off the system.

MY state is Florida, I moved to Mississippi 2 years ago for work.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
This is MY country. BTW your state is an embarrassment to Americans LOL.... Highest rate of obesity, low income, high crime rate, lowest education rate, high rate of abortion and teenage pregnancy, and more big mess!
When you can't defend your own remarks, just attack the other poster.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's not what you said in another thread. You immigrated, and your parents are immigrants that are mooching off the system.

MY state is Florida, I moved to Mississippi 2 years ago for work.
I thought being US Citizen = being American?

So? Everybody are first, second, third or fourth generation immigrant. Are you Native American?

Well you live in Mississippi now, and Florida is not that much wealthier or better off either

Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:

So? Everybody are first, second, third or fourth generation immigrant. Are you Native American?

Well you live in Mississippi now, and Florida is not that much wealthier or better off either
I am over half Cherokee.

There is a difference between being a citizen, and being American. You do not in any way act like an American. You can here and want to change the basic founding principals of this country. You should have stayed in what ever country you were from.

Look into Palm Beach. That's my home town.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It is part of what schools call diversity, aka "let's turn our kids into leftwingers".
This isn't proof. It is simply your opinion.

Unless/until you can come up with something from a school district that states that traditional families are "bad," I'm calling BS.

Oh, and lest you think I have no idea about what is going on in schools today, I have kids in high school. There is nothing anywhere near approaching the nonsense espoused above being taught in his school.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:45 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
I'mma agree with most of the people in this thread with the "absolutely not".

There's no reason to adopt an "official religion" that isn't just political grandstanding at this point.

It would never, ever pass if anyone even tried.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:49 PM

796 posts, read 1,162,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Look into Palm Beach. That's my home town.
I've been there numerous times. Still much cheaper than where I live unless you live with ocean or lake view.
Boca Raton is nice.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I've been there numerous times. Still much cheaper than where I live unless you live with ocean or lake view.
Boca Raton is nice.
Wow you live in an expensive area, yet your father need medical treatment that he can't afford and is on food stamps.

Maybe you should look into moving to a less expensive area, and help support your parents.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:

It is interesting that you complain about Mississippi, the state that ranks highest for residents that describe themselves as "very religious."

I think we can be confident that not many residents of Mississippi are Muslims. They are likely to be Christians. Apparently being "very religious" (and Christian) does not correlate to high performance by the state.

Mississippi Is Most Religious U.S. State

On the original topic of this thread though - I think most Americans do not want an officially recognized religion. They remember from elementary school history classes that an important reason for this country's existence was to escape the government run religion of their home country. And although many will disagree with different parts of the US constitution there is overwhelming support for the 1st amendment.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:41 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Assuming your lists there are correct, funny how those Nordic countries have Christianity as their state religion, while being strongholds of atheism
Norway abolished the state church a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies