Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
He should have stayed the HELL out of Libya, just like W should have stayed the hell out of Iraq.

Time to bring ALL the troops home. ALL OF THEM. Middle East, Africa, SW Asia, Korea, Japan, Europe, Central and South America--everywhere.
Excuse me? It was our diplomatic mission and diplomats that were attacked by terrorists. We have diplomatic missions all over the world. Our diplomats lives are protected by conventions that terrorists do not heed.

Try living in reality. Romney did not invent Obamacare not matter how hard you try to spin it.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
What they won't do is use scare tactics too little old ladies, young teens and young women. Won't scare the elderly.

Won't 24/7 blame the other guys, claim they don't have the answers to the most pertinent questions. What they won't do is blackmail, and punish those who disagree with them. Demotwirps are digging their own grave right now.

What they won't do is use sabotage practices on those who are a threat to them. What they won't do is be stupid enough to offere up Hope Not, Change the worse ever we have seen.
What they won't do is look the parents in the eyes of those who lost their lives as Stevens and the other, and lie to their faces about a video, which was a big big red lie.

Your party is sh-- and flushing down the drain. The other is no better, why not fix the things in both, instead of thinking your party is the surprme being. Not. Hold accountable those who have lied to all of us not some all. In our jobs are we accountable for our own screw ups.

Any other past Presdient, would most likely with all Obama's scandals, been asked to resign and impeachment would begin. Save the bull, it is clear as nite and day what is going on.

One look at loser Jay, and the rest of the clan, easy to figure out. Yeah yeah, your party, don't spend money, don't lie, and don't cheat or use deceit. All the above and more.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Funny...

Because on this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...iot-act-7.html

You answered:

Is this a good thing or government overreach?
Good thing.

Do you feel safer with it?
Yes.

Does it mess with your sense of personal freedom?
No.

Seems to me you love having the government intruding in our lives...
Okay, I will state with more clarity and for your personal edification and those who do not comprehend the English language.

The Patriot Act does not reach into my life. It is not Gov over reach no matter how you try to spin it. My emails or phone calls are not intercepted or read. I fly myself so I do not have TSA intruding into my life or I take the train. I can jump into my plane when I want and go where I want or I can take the train where I want when I want or drive my car where I want how I want when I want. Explain to me how the Patriot Act intrudes into my life.

Ergo, the only gov over reach is Obama who wants my medical info, tax me more for the insurance I already pay more than the average person, make me tell the IRS how much I pay for health insurance. That thing is private.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Repubs will free Americans from those pesky Dimocrats tyranny of perpetual entitlements....

Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Excuse me? It was our diplomatic mission and diplomats that were attacked by terrorists. We have diplomatic missions all over the world. Our diplomats lives are protected by conventions that terrorists do not heed.
It's not MY diplomatic mission. I never agreed to it. I never agreed to pay for it.

The U.S. government has no business being in Libya, nor any other country. Obama had no right to bomb Libya, a sovereign nation.

Stop acting like we live in a collective.

Quote:
Try living in reality. Romney did not invent Obamacare not matter how hard you try to spin it.
He may not have "invented" it (that was the GOP in the 1990s), but he WAS the first executive officeholder to implement it, against the wishes of many people in MA.

And that's the truth--no matter how hard YOU try to spin it.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,283,997 times
Quote:
Yes. Blocking this President's agenda is a noble and worthy cause. I'm quite happy with the GOP House.
This is an example of what's wrong with this country. An entirely negative act is perceived in positive terms. God save the United States of America.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Hilarious thread.

If it weren't for Republicans, who does the OP think would pay for his welfare benefits?

Old 05-15-2013, 08:15 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Okay, I will state with more clarity and for your personal edification and those who do not comprehend the English language.

The Patriot Act does not reach into my life. It is not Gov over reach no matter how you try to spin it. My emails or phone calls are not intercepted or read. I fly myself so I do not have TSA intruding into my life or I take the train. I can jump into my plane when I want and go where I want or I can take the train where I want when I want or drive my car where I want how I want when I want. Explain to me how the Patriot Act intrudes into my life.

Ergo, the only gov over reach is Obama who wants my medical info, tax me more for the insurance I already pay more than the average person, make me tell the IRS how much I pay for health insurance. That thing is private.
I comprehend English just fine, thank you. You're just mad you got caught in a blatant hypocritical contradiction, like all Statists seem to do.

On one hand you say you want the government out of your life, and on the other you say you have no problem with the government spying on you. Just wait till the IRS starts snooping on your medical records so they can enforce ObamaCare.

And the fact you don't consider the Patriot Act to be government overreach just shows you to be completely ignorant, uneducated, and in denial of what the U.S. government has done, is doing, and will do. It's amazing you think (rightfully so) that ObamaCare is a travesty, but are perfectly fine with your 4th Amendment rights being flushed down the toilet.

Are you SURE your communications aren't being monitored? How do you know for sure?

NSA data center front and center in debate over liberty, security and privacy | Fox News

I shouldn't have to explain to you how dangerous and blatantly unconstitutional the Patriot Act is; of course, Statists like you don't believe in an inherent protection from government intrusion. But here ya go anyway:

Anti-Fourth Amendment Patriot Act

And if you think you can escape the TSA by taking a train, think again:

The TSA’s VIPR program: Mission leap, not mission creep | The Daily Caller

Or roads:

The TSA Is Coming To A Highway Near You - Forbes

Now, repeat after me:

The government is not my friend.

The government is my enemy.

Repeat until absorbed.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Hilarious thread.

If it weren't for Republicans, who does the OP think would pay for his welfare benefits?

God save the wise" and ain't that the truth!

We are all adults or young adults, i much rather the truth then the fabricated lies of this administration who should most definitely be held accountable. We vote these people in office, that does not mean they need to screw us over and lie when they are caught with their pants down.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
The Democrats' ideas are virtually indistinguishable from the Republicans'.

-Where are the GOP bills to abolish the Federal Reserve (other than Ron Paul's)?
-Where are the GOP bills to allow competing currencies?
-Where are the GOP bills to end federal funding of Planned Parenthood?
-Where are the GOP bills to abolish food stamps and Section 8?
-Where are the GOP bills to phase out SS, Medicare, and Medicaid?
-Where are the GOP bills to end the war on food freedom?
-Where are the GOP bills to abolish the TSA?
-Where are the GOP bills to end government surveillance of individuals?

They don't exist. Because the GOP--JUST LIKE THE DEMOCRATS--is an enemy of liberty and a friend of the State.

there are Republicans who favor doing this, they are Called Constitutionalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies