Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sorry.

What did you say? I was distracted by the Dow being up over 15,000.

Not that a poster and his constant whines about..... everything..... is exactly a must read. (You might think about changing your material and your rants about liberals. If your readership is down it's because you are so utterly predictable. Yawn.)
Keep watching the Dow.

Quote:
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke endured some hostile questioning in Congress last week. At one point, responding to a question about QE by Republican Congressman Lynn Westmoreland, Bernanke was explaining “[quantitative easing] doesn’t involve any new spending or revenue,” when he was cut off by Westmoreland, who said “oh, I got you, just money printing, right?” The Fed Chairman’s demeanor froze for a second, after which he continued “it’s acquiring securities in order to reduce interest rates and ease financial conditions in the economy,” tacitly accepting the “money printing” comment.

“The U.S. government is guaranteeing all mortgages, and then buying them up,” explained Schiff, “it’s an artificial market, but the Fed, rather than Lehman Brothers, owns it.”

Schiff incredibly agrees with what has become a mainstream opinion: the Fed is behind this rally, both in stocks and bonds, and even in real estate markets. Yet Schiff differs in that, while most believe the Fed-induced rally has “training wheels” that can later come off, the Fed’s support “are the
only wheels” keeping the market going, and removing them will spark a crash.
Peter Schiff And The Coming Housing Collapse: The Fed, Instead Of Lehman, Owns The Mortgage Market - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 02:25 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Obama has a red "Fail " button on his desk. Not a good sign.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:22 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Then he is sure just finding out about so much lately. His favorite answer is, he did not know, he will check into it, blah blah blah.

I have a very hard time believing Obama did not know about what the IRS was doing or who they were targeting. Was not born yesterday, as some.

Obama never knows anything though, you notice. This administration reaps with lies and deceit, and no it is not acceptable.

Obama knows nothing about accepting responsibility and being accountable for his own screw ups.
Harry Truman is rolling over in his grave over the president never being accountable accept as a one liner to say in front of the cameras.

This administration is so corrupt, but his supporters enable the corruption. They always defend him, even when it is clear that he is wrong. They deify him, refuse to fault him, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
There's another very real possibility:

HE IS LYING and HE IS A PUPPET FIGUREHEAD.
True.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Sorry.

Not that a poster and his constant whines about..... everything..... is exactly a must read. (You might think about changing your material and your rants about liberals. If your readership is down it's because you are so utterly predictable. Yawn.)
What exactly has Obama done to make the Dow go over 15,000? Please cite exactly which Obama policies have accomplished this and how they were a benefit. Can you do that? That's rhetorical BTW......

Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This narcissist will never admit anything other than how many times he can repeat "I" in a speech.
Now there is no there there there...can you believe a sitting POTUS could utter such jibberish at a press conference ? That is worse than is is isn't it and these liberal idiots on CD cry about my pronunciations....

Old 05-15-2013, 06:12 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Sorry.

Talk to me when unemployment drops below 5%(the real indicator of how the economy is doing).

Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
If you ask me what’s my biggest disappointment, it’s that we haven’t changed the tone in Washington as much as I would have liked,” Obama said.

CBS News's Steve Kroft then asked him: “And you don’t bear any responsibility for that?”

Obama said, “Oh I think that, you know, as president I bear responsibility for everything--to some degree.”

Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Schiff has been wrong before. I looked into setting up an investment account at his firm after he predicted the crash. For whatever reason, he doesn't tend to be right.

He's got some pretty good podcasts though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
If you ask me what’s my biggest disappointment, it’s that we haven’t changed the tone in Washington as much as I would have liked,” Obama said.

CBS News's Steve Kroft then asked him: “And you don’t bear any responsibility for that?”

Obama said, “Oh I think that, you know, as president I bear responsibility for everything--to some degree.”
I wonder if that applies to the scandals as well.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
I mean aren't people a little bothered that we have a President responsible for nothing? I mean even if what he says is true it is very scary. Take the AP scandal if as the Justice Dept says they monitored the APs phones due to a national security threat how come the Oresident is learning about it this past Friday?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Sorry.

You were distracted by the illusion of prosperity made possible by a crashing currency.

Maybe you can buy Park Place and Boardwalk now, but how much gold can you buy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies