Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,034,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
No..no. I want the $5 bucks and the bottle of Ripple.
Ohhhh I see...if you get more of those gigs than you can handle,call me..well mix some champaign in with it and get us some champipple buzzes going on
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 11:34 AM

945 posts, read 964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You're just mad because you didn't think of it first and that you don't have the money to do the same. Sure, it's crass but if company policy allows it...
You are 100% correct. There is nothing wrong with this at all.

The simple solution? If you are handicapped then you wait like everyone else.

Problem solved.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,153,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Nothing new here, the wealthy have always paid for favoritism, good incentive to work on getting wealthy.

During the Roman Empire, the wealthy could afford to pay for a slave to do their compulsory military service.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,884,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
When I fly, I take a pair of crutches up to the gate so I can board early. What's the harm?
Honesty must be in your blood. I mean really, so you can get on a plane 5 minutes before everyone, you'll carry crutches with you the whole trip?

1,730 posts, read 1,357,437 times
Maybe Obama will rent out biden by the hour. Pit it towards the debt.

31,387 posts, read 36,927,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You're just mad because you didn't think of it first and that you don't have the money to do the same. Sure, it's crass but if company policy allows it...
Never heard of, just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,417,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
For 130 clams an hour I'd hobble around on crutches so little Lord Fauntleroy can be first in line to ride Dumbo.

I hope this turns out to be bogus.

...."Some wealthy Manhattan moms have figured out a way to cut the long lines at Disney World — by hiring disabled people to pose as family members so they and their kids can jump to the front,....."

"....My daughter waited one minute to get on ‘It’s a Small World’ — the other kids had to wait 2 1/2 hours,” crowed one mom, who hired a disabled guide through Dream Tours Florida....."

Wealthy Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides to bypass lines at Disney World - NYPOST.com

Okay, if this is true. . it just points out that Disney is missing a revenue source here. Though I'm pretty sure they have it covered but priced to high (i've seen people get right on rides before with no handicap).

If people will pay $$$$$ to skip the lines, Disney should charge $$$ for a personal conceigere. Its totally up to Disney.

As far as Handicap, they should get a fast pass and /or ticket and make them wait the lines timeline (i..e if line is 1hr handicap just sits in a special place for 1hr).

Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,376,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
For 130 clams an hour I'd hobble around on crutches so little Lord Fauntleroy can be first in line to ride Dumbo.

I hope this turns out to be bogus.

...."Some wealthy Manhattan moms have figured out a way to cut the long lines at Disney World — by hiring disabled people to pose as family members so they and their kids can jump to the front,....."

"....My daughter waited one minute to get on ‘It’s a Small World’ — the other kids had to wait 2 1/2 hours,” crowed one mom, who hired a disabled guide through Dream Tours Florida....."

Wealthy Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides to bypass lines at Disney World - NYPOST.com

Smart people with the right resources, will always game the systems put in place, that place a label of "I'm Special" across anything. They will figure out a way to be special, too.

Take all those systems away and let everyone be equal as an individual and what they bring to the table, be what they have to offer society. You will get the help you need, if you need it, by your worth to society, instead of it given to you because you are "special"

Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,258,396 times
Default Disney World and the 1%

Disney vows action after report of rich hiring disabled to skip lines - CNN.com

"Disney World is looking into reports that some wealthy visitors are hiring disabled people to pretend to be family members so that they can skip lines...

"The black-market Disney guides run $130 an hour, or $1,040 for an eight-hour day," the report said."

Now this I found quite interesting. Yes, personally I could care less. Rich people are always going to get more then I have and find ways around the system. This is real life and I believe people should just learn to live with it, instead of getting their panties in a wad and trying to even the playing field.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:58 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,771,215 times
Instead of just buying a fastpass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies