Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The bigger scandal is that there is even an EPA, which is nothing more than a politicized gang that arbitrarily defines pollution and then selectively decides who can do it.
Gotta donate to certain folks to get a seat at that table it appears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 12:57 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So why didn't the group the release the requests and denials so we can see the evidence behind it?

All that is said is about a paragraph blurb of what they said they did. No evidence, no facts, no data. Even then the little detail it goes into is insane, they filed information requests on the personal emails, instant messages, and texts of Gina McCarthy. Imagine applying for a job and a bunch of wackjobs want to go through your personal email, texts, and instant messages. Of course that crap will be denied of any employee, or anyone nominated for any position.
Patience...let it all unravel at its own pace and enjoy the show.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:20 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Wow, you are calling Obummers 62,611,250 votes to Romney's 59,134,475votes a "Landslide"? Are you kidding me, that is a landslide?

51% to 47% is a landslide?
No. I am calling 332 electoral votes to 206 electoral votes a landslide. Electoral votes are what counts. Remember, Bush won in 2000 with fewer popular votes than Gore.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals now openly admit that selective enforcement of the law is perfectly fine when used to punish political opponants and that "some animals are more equal than others". It is amazing that libs are so far gone that they do not even realize that they have become fascists.

Well, basically my view is that polluting the natural environment is evil. It's not really a liberal or conservative thing, it's a criminal thing. My view is that people are morally bound to prioritize the natural environment over commerce when finding a balance between the two.

To you that probably makes me a "liberal", which I don't take offense to, but insofar as my "team", liberal or conservative, I kind of hate you all. Anybody who picks one side and sticks with it is a moron.

Now about this EPA thing, if these groups in question were successfully arguing the merits of the EPA's science, that'd be one thing, but they are just political groups. Not a big deal.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
EPA is charged with air quality. Conservatives stink. EPA has no choice but to target them.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yet another Obama scandal has been revealed in which the EPA selectively enforced regulations and restrictions on conservative elements, while giving "green" initiatives a "pass" with little or no scrutiny.

EPA Accused of Playing Favorites with Green, Conservative Groups: Another Scandal for the White House? | TheBlaze.com

The scandals that have accumulated are rapidly revealing that the Obama administration has no regard for the rule of law and is the most corrupt administration in US history. What did you expect from Chicago politics? How are the liberals going to spin this one? How many more scandals will be revealed?
yOU SHOULD HAVE PUT YOUR hawkeye ON THIS ONE. The Blaze IS VERY SLANTED BUT I FIGURE YOU KNOW THAT AND DON'T CARE.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:42 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
If someone believes that polluting the environment is a crime, then they should turn themselves in. Driving your car polutes. Producing garbage pollutes. Flushing your toilet pollutes. Breathing produces CO2. In EPA terms, each person pollutes and are therefore criminals.

What amazes me is that people like Gore fly private jets and live in huge homes, but somehow that doesn't matter. Their pollution doesn't matter, just your pollution. They'd like to punish oil companies, all the while using their products and benefiting from all they do, not realizing that modern society could never function without crude oil, natural gas, plastics(made from oil) Most modern people are incredibly uneducated and just plain dumb. Don't think so, check out the youtube video where people sign a petition to outlaw water.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
To say "another scandal", would imply there would have to have been a 1st one .... errrr, nope, can't find one... wait, maybe that it can't be found is, ... a scandal.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
If someone believes that polluting the environment is a crime, then they should turn themselves in. Driving your car polutes. Producing garbage pollutes. Flushing your toilet pollutes. Breathing produces CO2. In EPA terms, each person pollutes and are therefore criminals.
Right, thank you captain obvious. That's why I said you maintain a balance. Toliets, for example. Yes, flushing them pollutes. That's why we should mandate that we all have sewage treatment plants. That's a balance.

Quote:
They'd like to punish oil companies, all the while using their products and benefiting from all they do, not realizing that modern society could never function without crude oil, natural gas, plastics(made from oil)
i don't think the goal is to eliminate crude oil, natty gas, etc.,

i think it is to more thoroughly account for the environmental costs of drilling/fracking, and then burning those compounds. The idea is to deliberately make pollution more expensive so people seek alternatives. Put pressure on "dirty" firms to be "clean."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies