Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:06 AM

348 posts, read 336,610 times

Advertisements

7 Caught Trespassing At Quabbin Reservoir; Patrols Stepped Up Across State « CBS Boston

Quote:
State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and “cited their education and career interests” for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

The Quabbin, in Belchertown, is one of the country’s largest man-made public water supplies. Boston’s drinking water comes from the Quabbin and the Wachusett Reservoirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 10:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Hey..we're PC and "welcome" everyone from every country.
We don't profile and our government has a higher suspicion of us over foreigners.
Heck, Saudi Arabia is a "trusted" nation even according to the DHS.

We will get what we deserve sooner or later for our stupidity.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We don't profile and our government has a higher suspicion of us over foreigners.

Don't u know it HappyTexan;
and throw down the welcome mat while we're at it!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Don't sound very 'happy' to me.
You sound like a bitter, old, butthurt crybaby, actually.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
Don't sound very 'happy' to me.
You sound like a bitter, old, butthurt crybaby, actually.
Just telling it like it is square wheel.
The truth hurts doesn't it ?

That Boston bomber left the country, went to Camp Jihad to learn terrorism, flew back and our government "didn't know squat" after a decade of spending hundreds of billions to "keep the nation safe". Russia warned us but we think we're above everyone else and if we don't know about it then no one else does.

LOL..not bitter. Just realistic, knowing that our government can't keep us safe.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:43 AM

lol, you sounded bitter.
I guess it's just the flagrant 'wah wah wah, PC is out to get me' that threw me.
Try sounding original, and I think people will think you less a tool.

Other than that, we're probably on the same page.
Of course, the US has had problems filling engineering jobs for a decade.
if we're not going to invest in out education system, I guess we can just give up the ghost... or keep foreign students coming to our colleges, and hopefully filling those positions. I know, I know, PC!!! Wah.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
lol, you sounded bitter.
I guess it's just the flagrant 'wah wah wah, PC is out to get me' that threw me.
Try sounding original, and I think people will think you less a tool.

Other than that, we're probably on the same page.
Of course, the US has had problems filling engineering jobs for a decade.
if we're not going to invest in out education system, I guess we can just give up the ghost... or keep foreign students coming to our colleges, and hopefully filling those positions. I know, I know, PC!!! Wah.
I'd rather engineers from China/India who just want our specs for financial reasons then those from the ME where they hate our guts and wouldn't hesitate killing us.

Yeah..I would discriminate and profile. The few good ones that don't get here outweigh the bad ones that would and cause serious damage.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
A few people might read the article...
"BELCHERTOWN (CBS) – Shortly after midnight Tuesday, seven people were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir."
I'm sure it was simply a tour for educational purposes

Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM

Certainly.

Anything else would be racial / cultural profiling.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,523 times
Quote:
I'd rather engineers from China/India who just want our specs for financial reasons then those from the ME where they hate our guts and wouldn't hesitate killing us.

Yeah..I would discriminate and profile. The few good ones that don't get here outweigh the bad ones that would and cause serious damage.

LOL, if you think China/India engineers or fanatics aren't the same, then you're fooling yourself.

Start profiling from that manner, and it's simply a matter of time before it's used on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies