Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Only two things going for amnesty. First, Hispanics who were amnestied before now have a pretty strong voting bloc. Second, business loves the cheap labor. These two factors are preventing any examination of the proposal on its merits. Neither party DARES to alienate the Hispanic vote (soon to be the majority in the biggest state, California). Oh, one more plus. If all those shadow workers come out of the shadows, all those cheap wages can be TAXED.
And just why do Hispanics put their ethnic brethern above our immigration laws? Why do they feel they can blackmail our politicians for votes? If illegals become legal then businesses will have to pay them the same wage as an American so how is amnesty a plus for them? The next batch of illegals will just come in to take their place. If they were deported instead Americans would be working again and they in turn would be taxes on their wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You will get BOTH - whether you like it or not.

Ken

I wouldn't count my chickens yet.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wouldn't count my chickens yet.
Actually, I'd prefer you hard-line folks fight like the dickens against immigration reform. It'll split the GOP and alienate the fast growing Hispanic population even more - so go for it.

Ken

Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
You will get BOTH - whether you like it or not.

Ken
You seem to confident when the bill is struggling for support.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
House Republicans, staying classy since..um...well, never mind, they've never been classy.
Your point?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:42 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You seem to confident when the bill is struggling for support.
That's because if there IS no immigration reform this time around, then the GOP will get creamed even MORE in upcoming elections and eventually the reform (including amnesty) WILL happen anyway.

As I said, personally I hope you folks fight like the dickens against it. The more you alienate Hispanic voters the better for the Democrats.

Ken

Old 05-15-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That's because if there IS no immigration reform this time around, then the GOP will get creamed even MORE in upcoming elections and eventually the reform (including amnesty) WILL happen anyway.

As I said, personally I hope you folks fight like the dickens against it. The more you alienate Hispanic voters the better for the Democrats.

Ken
Its struggling to gain support like the gun control bill.

The democrats in the executive branch are not looking too good.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Neither are great. Illegals are criminals who broke our laws and want freebies. Obamacare is in theory a good idea but will hurt everyone's tax dollars. So will illegals which is why I would take Obamacare over illegals.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Except 1) they aren't supposed to be here to begin with and 2) millions Americans are out of the job because them being here.
Kinda makes a circus out of the REGULAR immigration system. All those people in Africa and Asia who can't find a place to sneak over a border and therefore wait and wait.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Actually, I'd prefer you hard-line folks fight like the dickens against immigration reform. It'll split the GOP and alienate the fast growing Hispanic population even more - so go for it.

Ken
It's not hardline to expect our immigration laws to be enforced as they are written on the books. If so then you are calling those who made them hardliners.

Tell me why it alienates Hispanics for their illegal brethern not to be given a pass on our immigration laws? Are they special and above them? Sounds pretty racist and ethnocentric to me. I thought we are supposed to be a united country for the rule of law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies