Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 19 44.19%
Meh, don't really care 9 20.93%
No 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So by your logic, heterosexual parents who conceive using IVF are not really heterosexual? Wow, that's fascinating.
That's not what I am saying at all. The poster suggested that heterosexual shouldn't put their business out there, and all I am saying that it's impossible. I'm not trying to classify who is or isn't a heterosexual. Bottom line no matter how someone conceives, it still takes a man and a woman.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I'm not black, but I'm offended that this is now the 1000th thread on this topic of whether blacks are "insulted."

Lots of non-blacks who usually give two damns about the feelings or concerns of black people get really concerned about whether blacks are insulted by the gay rights movement. Lots of blacks use perceived insult as a way to bridge the cognitive dissonance that comes along with working against equality for some types of folks, while simultaneously claiming you've been discriminated against in the past.

Funny how that works.

Looks like the gay rights movement really does bring people together in ways Rodney King could only have imagined.
I believe that the majority of "Lots of blacks" are older and more religious. They were the ones that lived the struggle. Thier civil rights struggle is their reality. They may not see all civil rights movements as "equal".

Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Absolutely. This is why I support a law banning married couples from celebrating anniversary dinners in restaurants. It should also be illegal to discuss or even mention your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend at work or anywhere outside of your home.
what a completely silly "rebuttal"!
Some Gays are trying to FORCE their Thought Police ideas on others. Free

The current political correct nonsense is only mildly acceptable because "gay rights" and a societal change in attitudes may reduce the birth rate, which is the only reason that the controlled Mainstream media is trying to force this change upon us.

Homosexuals have always been free to practice their freedom of gay sexuality, so long as they kept it a private matter.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
That's not what I am saying at all. The poster suggested that heterosexual shouldn't put their business out there, and all I am saying that it's impossible. I'm not trying to classify who is or isn't a heterosexual. Bottom line no matter how someone conceives, it still takes a man and a woman.
That's called NATURE - al

Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How biased of you to assume that only heterosexual women can be pregnant.
ARtificial insemination is also un - NATURE - al

Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
[quote=Geologic;29590684]what a completely silly "rebuttal"!
Some Gays are trying to FORCE their Thought Police ideas on others. Free

The current political correct nonsense is only mildly acceptable because "gay rights" and a societal change in attitudes may reduce the birth rate, which is the only reason that the controlled Mainstream media is trying to force this change upon us.

Homosexuals have always been free to practice their freedom of gay sexuality, so long as they kept it a private matter.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

It's acceptance has varied throughout time. It wasn't always a private matter and it hasn't always been looked down upon.

As far as the OP I'd say they have similarities. I'm NOT offended in the least.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I believe that the majority of "Lots of blacks" are older and more religious. They were the ones that lived the struggle. Thier civil rights struggle is their reality. They may not see all civil rights movements as "equal".

Their age relegates them to those same old white folks who claim, "calling them all coloreds or n---- is just the way it was when I was growing up and I aint changin' now!"

Their religion is an affliction they've chosen to saddle themselves with that they should be reminded was ALSO once used to justify the maltreatment of blacks and slavery.

That they do not see the struggles as "equal" is besides the point. There are many SIMILARITIES, even if the struggles weren't or aren't equal in intensity. Pointing out that many of the same tired arguments were used against black people during the civil rights era that are now employed should help put these things into CONTEXT for those who struggle to understand what the gay civil rights movement is all about. Anyone who gets INSULTED by that is trying to shake off that cognitive dissonance spoken of in my last point.

Also: Pointing to miscegenation laws is not "Black" civil rights. Loving v. Virginia was a white man and black woman. Neither whites nor blacks were allowed to marry outside of their race.

In the end, it may be helpful for religious insulted black people to be reminded that the architect behind the black civil rights movement was a gay man, who convinced MLK to adopt strategies here in America employed by Ghandi during India's civil rights struggles, half a world away.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Their age relegates them to those same old white folks who claim, "calling them all coloreds or n---- is just the way it was when I was growing up and I aint changin' now!"

Their religion is an affliction they've chosen to saddle themselves with that they should be reminded was ALSO once used to justify the maltreatment of blacks and slavery.

That they do not see the struggles as "equal" is besides the point. There are many SIMILARITIES, even if the struggles weren't or aren't equal in intensity. Pointing out that many of the same tired arguments were used against black people during the civil rights era that are now employed should help put these things into CONTEXT for those who struggle to understand what the gay civil rights movement is all about. Anyone who gets INSULTED by that is trying to shake off that cognitive dissonance spoken of in my last point.

Also: Pointing to miscegenation laws is not "Black" civil rights. Loving v. Virginia was a white man and black woman. Neither whites nor blacks were allowed to marry outside of their race.

In the end, it may be helpful for religious insulted black people to be reminded that the architect behind the black civil rights movement was a gay man, who convinced MLK to adopt strategies here in America employed by Ghandi during India's civil rights struggles, half a world away.
Huge difference between misinterpreting the Bible to justify slavery and not teaching slaves how to read, so that they don't understand that versus the Bible saying that homosexuality is sin. The context is apples and oranges.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 AM

207 posts, read 432,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Huge difference between misinterpreting the Bible to justify slavery and not teaching slaves how to read, so that they don't understand that versus the Bible saying that homosexuality is sin. The context is apples and oranges.
Man, like moths to a candle, you show up to every thread on the subject of homosexuality. I thought it was limited to DC, but you really have an obsession here. I remember hearing a thing or two about the DL culture back in PG.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC Native View Post
Man, like moths to a candle, you show up to every thread on the subject of homosexuality. I thought it was limited to DC, but you really have an obsession here. I remember hearing a thing or two about the DL culture back in PG.
What other thread have I showed up on? Are you stalking me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies