Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Poor guy.....the sacrificial lamb. I'm pretty sure he was just following orders.
He is going to tesitfy before a house committee on Friday. If Obama asked him to run the checks, then he will be able to inform everyone...under oath...to that.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Acting IRS Chief Steven Miller was appointed to that post in Nov. 2012... which was two years AFTER the IRS started targeting conservative groups with huge questionnaires, extra audits, and delays in approving their tax status.

Miller was scheduled to retire on June 15, 2013.

But now Obama has fired him, ostensibly for his role in the IRS targeting that started two years after he became Chief.

The effective date of Miller's termination? June, 2013.

Is it just me? Or does it actually look like President Obama is trying yet again, to remind us of how stupid and gullible he believes we are?

'Fired' IRS boss leaving on same date term scheduled to end - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com
Obama has no control on how stupid and gullible people are.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Only in Obamaworld is someone fired for the work started by the previous head, who was following orders from above, and then is allowed to stay until his scheduled time runs out. So the 'bad guy' gets to stay and continues as if nothing ever happened. It gives him a great opportunity to clean up the scene of the crime......

So what did Obama do in reaction to the IRS going rogue.....absolutely nothing!

Like telling a dog that is running away to "GO" when he refuses to sit and stay.

Like allowing a robber time to erase his finger prints from the crime scene and vacuum the floor.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wait, one minute Obama isnt responsible, the next Congress is.. What a hypocrite.. Do you even think before you key this crap?
this comment makes no sense.

1.President Obama and congress are 2 different entities so even if you did blame one, it doesnt make you hypocritical to not blame the other.

2. He never blamed congress all he said is that they held up conformation so you cant blame the person Obama wanted in the position.

I would ask do YOU even think before you post but the way you twist people's comments shows that there is at least some thought process going on up there.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Do we really think this is the first time the IRS has been a bad boy.
I think people need to wise up to the fact that most of government does so many things its not suppose to do.
IE giving them the money and power to do it is the down fall of our freedom over time and when the government targets you your left helpless to defend against the full force of the corruption.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Do we really think this is the first time the IRS has been a bad boy.
I think people need to wise up to the fact that most of government does so many things its not suppose to do.
IE giving them the money and power to do it is the down fall of our freedom over time and when the government targets you your left helpless to defend against the full force of the corruption.
I know right? What's funny is that people are under the impression that this is the first time this has happened and it certainly is NOT.
Audits of people who disagree with the administration are nothing new just ask any high profile tv,radio or internet personality or writer.
Just the current people like Hannity,O'Reilly,Limbaugh et al have repeatedly told stories of audits one after the other.
I'm not a big follower of these people and frequently don't agree with what they say but just because one has unpopular views they should not be subject to harassment especially by the IRS.

Seems the IRS I.G. is now giving a scathing report about it's actions. About time!
Now if we'd just go to the Flat Tax this wouldn't be possible.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
He is going to tesitfy before a house committee on Friday. If Obama asked him to run the checks, then he will be able to inform everyone...under oath...to that.
LOL. They learned from Watergate. No President will EVER directly be involved in any scandal.
Both sides learned from that scandal.

Obama will not be directly connected to any of these scandals is my prediction.
Too many layers of staffers/advisors and I'm sure they are all smart enough to have no paper trail leading back to the WH.

And I say this about both sides.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
FYI The lady who was responsible for this program is now running the IRS Healthcare branch.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Only in Obamaworld is someone fired for the work started by the previous head, who was following orders from above, and then is allowed to stay until his scheduled time runs out. So the 'bad guy' gets to stay and continues as if nothing ever happened. It gives him a great opportunity to clean up the scene of the crime......

So what did Obama do in reaction to the IRS going rogue.....absolutely nothing!

Like telling a dog that is running away to "GO" when he refuses to sit and stay.

Like allowing a robber time to erase his finger prints from the crime scene and vacuum the floor.
This is just like the 2008 stock market crash.
All the big banks got bailouts and who got brought to justice ? Why Bernie Madoff.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
A Senator just asked the head of the IRS point blank "who authorized the audits and or the programs that caused the audits of these groups"? Answer: "I don't have any names for you."
I guess you can believe him or not but isn't it just a bit scary that the boss has no idea? Wouldn't you think that knowing these hearings were about to start one would have made finding out a priority or start canning people until you get names?
You start with upper management and if they don't have a name they're incompetent and need to find work elsewhere then move through the whole chain of command.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies