Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 11:08 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Weaklings who whine constantly. I have seen Gore speak...he finds security in being part of the herd. The woman in the pics - Rosie what's her name is bitter because she was not granted beauty..so she went full tilt ugly instead...as for the activist Michael Moore...just an opportunist who really does not give a damn...He is like the postal worker doing his rounds in a rich neighborhood...He does not seek equality between rich and poor...He is the post man that wants your house for himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Fail. Right below the headline it said this:

"Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution"

Anyway, I'm not sure what I think about this study. Yes, I have met quite a few wet noodle type men who you could probably knock over just by turning a fan on them who are die hard lefties but at the same time, just about every conservative male I have met has been fat and drinks beer. Hardly what I would consider, "physically strong". I've also met some lefties who are actually physically fit.

Not saying the study is wrong, (or right), just that it's not been my experience that it can be measured solely on how much they can bench press.

I would say stronger minded vs weaker minded might have been a better study to conduct.
Well, we know how that would turn out, don't we? Let's get back to the biceps.

I am a pretty typical guy. Barrel-chested and strong as an ox in my youth, good athlete, now a bit fat and drink too much beer. I would love to drop 40 pounds and to be lean and healthy again. Being strong (and fat and drunk) is not anything to get too self-satisfied about.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Liberal males are rarely alpha.
Got any proof of this silly claim? Anecdotes don't count.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, we know how that would turn out, don't we? Let's get back to the biceps.

I am a pretty typical guy. Barrel-chested and strong as an ox in my youth, good athlete, now a bit fat and drink too much beer. I would love to drop 40 pounds and to be lean and healthy again. Being strong (and fat and drunk) is not anything to get too self-satisfied about.
You are a spy sent from the dark left side. You are attempting to make right wing nobles look bad.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Men who are physically strong are usually mentally strong also. Don't want to sound like some elite jerk but I will anyway...I notice that liberals in general are naturally weaker than classic conservatives and most of the time liberals are herd animals. Conservative males like the idea of patriarchy. They like to be the noble king of their realm. Liberal males usually mate with dominant females who rule the roost. In conservative unions there is more equality because an alpha male will mate with an alpha female.. Liberal males are rarely alpha. The reason they demand equality constantly and expect the state to equalize the social and human playing field is because they are weak and can not contend.

I knew this super conservative business man. He was very old school. He was proud of his family..he was the head of his family- He was rich and powerful beyond imagination...and physically he was a large and powerful man.. I guess in the old days he would have been called a king...............Liberals want to be liberated from kings..that is the clash.

Don't worry, nobody considers you an "elite jerk," because it is obvious that neither you nor the vast majority of self proclaimed tough guys have never attained the professional, educational or political influence that would actually put you IN the elite by any measure of that word.

Pretender, maybe. But elite, never.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Consider the source.

As a staunch conservative, atheist, heterosexual male, former Marine with several college degrees, I can absolutely assure you that liberalism is NOT tied to IQ. ROFLMAO!

Liberalism is all about emotion, not reason.
Yeah most of my classmates from business school are liberals to varying degrees and most of them are very sharp. I think a lot of it is emotion and guilt at being successful.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
12 pages and not one mention of how "opinions on the welfare state" /= "conservative," at least not in the American sense of the word conservative. But, don't let that get in the way of a bunch of silliness.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Men who are physically strong are usually mentally strong also. Don't want to sound like some elite jerk but I will anyway...I notice that liberals in general are naturally weaker than classic conservatives and most of the time liberals are herd animals. Conservative males like the idea of patriarchy. They like to be the noble king of their realm. Liberal males usually mate with dominant females who rule the roost. In conservative unions there is more equality because an alpha male will mate with an alpha female.. Liberal males are rarely alpha. The reason they demand equality constantly and expect the state to equalize the social and human playing field is because they are weak and can not contend.

I knew this super conservative business man. He was very old school. He was proud of his family..he was the head of his family- He was rich and powerful beyond imagination...and physically he was a large and powerful man.. I guess in the old days he would have been called a king...............Liberals want to be liberated from kings..that is the clash.
This is a crock of crap. It does not apply to the many conservatives who fawn over the words of some blowhard like Limbaugh or Swaggart, instead of thinking for themselves. They are the ultimate, fawning peasants. Yes, we want to be liberated from kings/plutocracy/oligarchy.

You don't?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, analytical reasoning and emotional intelligence are both important. I see this all the time in science. People get promoted because they can execute their singular research so well, but then they end up being completely inept managers. They have little interest or insight into how people are motivated. Engineers are famous for this too. They are great with creating or refining things, but terrible with people. Likewise, someone who is a great mechanic may be terrible at customer service and so professionally handicapped.

Since this is the politics forums and politics involves chiefly leading, aiding, organizing, and advancing people, purely analytical approaches are not inherently better than compassionate ones. Read all the fools here who like to rant and shout all day at folks with other views, expecting them to change their minds. Asinine. Macho guys are famously guilty of this form of self-deceit (I am analytical, therefore my ideas are better).
While the ability to use analytical reasoning certainly denotes intelligence, the same cannot be said for emotionally based decisions. It could be argued that "emotional intelligence" is an oxymoron. I agree that empathy and social skills are critical to having good people skills, but equally important is the ability to get the job done. I have known some wonderful people, the kind you would enjoy just hanging out with, but could not do their job if their lives depended upon it. Good managers will find a balance somewhere in the middle between being analytical and empathetic.

With regard to politics, I completely agree that an analytical approach is not necessarily the best means of motivating people. Emotional arguments work best in politics because they appeal to people's baser instincts. It is one of the more shameful aspects of society.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Physical strength is no big deal. It just means one does hard physical work (I don't include gym bunnies in the strong category). Every one I work with, is physically strong and there does seem to be a tendency towards conservatism (they're rednecks basically) at work, but the terms - liberal and conservative, don't get used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies