Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Men who are physically strong are usually mentally strong also. Don't want to sound like some elite jerk but I will anyway...I notice that liberals in general are naturally weaker than classic conservatives and most of the time liberals are herd animals. Conservative males like the idea of patriarchy. They like to be the noble king of their realm. Liberal males usually mate with dominant females who rule the roost. In conservative unions there is more equality because an alpha male will mate with an alpha female.. Liberal males are rarely alpha. The reason they demand equality constantly and expect the state to equalize the social and human playing field is because they are weak and can not contend.

I knew this super conservative business man. He was very old school. He was proud of his family..he was the head of his family- He was rich and powerful beyond imagination...and physically he was a large and powerful man.. I guess in the old days he would have been called a king...............Liberals want to be liberated from kings..that is the clash.
No, liberals want to be ruled by tyrants - so long as the tyrants have (D)s after their names. Liberals also want the government to take care of them from cradle to grave, so that fits in nicely with the penny-ante dictatorships they pine for and have almost achieved here in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:36 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Is it a liberal concept though?
Absolutely. Why else would liberals impose a progressive tax if not to punish the successful? They feel guilty when they succeed, therefore they feel the need to punish others for being successful.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:37 AM

600 posts, read 659,904 times
This entire thread is a lesson in compensating...

Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What- you want to take away my life's experience and say that anecdotes don't count? What do you think statistics are? They are formalized anecdotal accounts that some call statistics. Liberals are people who feel that they are being controlled by stronger people and want to bind the hands and feet of the strong. Look at what liberals demand. They demand that everyone has to be equal. They are anti-nature. They expect that wolves should be restrained and injected with sheep genes.

People who are strong mentally and physically do not demand equality. They don't need to. It's a fact of nature an a fact of breeding. Small weak people breed small weak people. If liberals were smart they would be thankful that those higher up the food chain don't simply crush them. Us conservatives have been very kind to you liberals...and if all right wing conservatives in America were to disappear - America would be invaded and would no longer exist...Germain Greer even said.."We have feminized our males to the point that they can no longer protect" - Much like YOUR Obama who does not stand up to the Muslim Brotherhood but attempts to bribe them with aid instead..

That is a lot like a kid who gives his lunch money to a bully.
Lol! So, you're saying the Conservatives are bullies? I'll happily agree with that. especially in light of the fact you stated the military is right-wing.
Furthermore, if anecdotes count, I know lots of big strong men, and they're all liberal or NDP. NOT Conservative.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
I'll take brains over brawn any day of the week.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Absolutely. Why else would liberals impose a progressive tax if not to punish the successful? They feel guilty when they succeed, therefore they feel the need to punish others for being successful.
I don't see progressive tax as punishment. The more money you have, the more tax you are capable of paying.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'll take brains over brawn any day of the week.
The two are not mutually exclusive.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
This entire thread is a lesson in compensating...
I disagree.

Now, care to thumb wrestle or have a speed reading contest to settle it?

You pick.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

• Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
  • Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
  • Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
  • There is no link between women's physical strength and political views

Read more: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
So what are you trying to say?

Old 05-16-2013, 12:16 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

• Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
  • Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
  • Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
  • There is no link between women's physical strength and political views

Read more: Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
This is the same sort of thing every intellectually bankrupt, despotic ideology has ever done: portray its adherence as the strong 'ubermensch', and the dissidents as weaklings. The Nazis did this, the Soviets did this. I realize this is very godwin but it is worth pointing out a bad habit before it gets too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies