Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....Mr. Tough Guy wasn't even a cheerleader for one of the macho schools, but at YALE!!!

He couldn't even make a varsity team at an Ivy!!

Still more masculine than 80% of liberal males and 15% of liberal women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 AM

571 posts, read 1,200,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No surprise here. Cavemen undoubtedly could beat up most modern men. But if we were to start talking about intelligence...
So strength and intelligence are mutually exclusive?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No surprise here. Cavemen undoubtedly could beat up most modern men. But if we were to start talking about intelligence...
Actually if we talk about intelligence then liberals have a distinct advantage.

Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ - CNN.com

If I had to guess it is about where an individual has traits that would have helped them in the past or present

Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess it puts construction workers etc on the right, and doctors and business men on the left.

I know of only two "liberal" physicians in our multi-specialty clinic, which has over 150 docs. Most of the male physicians were in sports in high school and or college.

I know many businessmen, and none of them are liberals.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Still more masculine than 80% of liberal males and 15% of liberal women.
Yea, cuz REAL masculine men end up as cheerleaders at Ivy League schools.

They also join the Air Guard, take pilot training, and then choose to work on campaigns instead of actually putting their pilots training to use in Vietnam.

Oh yea...that dude is one tough Texan.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
When Big Men are in charge they will bully everyone to prevent any change. This existed for many millions of years. Then Sam Colt came along. Now a small man or woman can stop a big bully anytime they need to.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When Big Men are in charge they will bully everyone to prevent any change. This existed for many millions of years. Then Sam Colt came along. Now a small man or woman can stop a big bully anytime they need to.
That is quite true. Some weapons do have a democratizing influence and guns are one of them.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:09 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
"Nerds" are not always stereotypically weak either. I am 6'-7", 250 pounds, and served 8 years in the Marine Corps during Vietnam, yet I have been a software developer for the last 34 years.
That's what I was thinking. My husband is 6'1" and very athletic, and he's a software engineer. There are plenty of smart people who aren't geeky little nerds. I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the country and most of the men (and women too) are attractive and fit.

BTW- For all the people making fun of male cheerleaders, I totally get it. But I cheered in college, and the guys on our squad were mostly high school football players who didn't learn to cheer until college. While the college football players were getting concussions on the field, the male cheerleaders were spending a good portion of the game with their hands on our asses or looking up our skirts for the same scholarship.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Actually if we talk about intelligence then liberals have a distinct advantage.

Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ - CNN.com

If I had to guess it is about where an individual has traits that would have helped them in the past or present
Consider the source.

As a staunch conservative, atheist, heterosexual male, former Marine with several college degrees, I can absolutely assure you that liberalism is NOT tied to IQ. ROFLMAO!

Liberalism is all about emotion, not reason.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 AM

382 posts, read 588,313 times
So Karl Rove should be very far left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies