Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, they'll take on a life of their own.
I am not saying they will succeed. Just what they might think benefits them most.

So what they are covering up by releasing these two scandals must be so bad that they would rather take this risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I was thinking the same thing. What president hasn't had a "scandal"? Bush walked away from it all after lying us into a war that caused thousands of deaths and running the economy into the ground.
True, but what white house has ever had the contol over the media that this one has had? To give that control up by upsetting the very press that has carried water for you means you are confident that doing so is better than the alternitive. The only thing i can think of is theres a criminal or solid connection to Obama with Benganzi that he cant explain away. With the IRS and AP there must be a level of insulation that Benganzi doesnt have. Otherwise why go thru the head ache he has put himself thru? They had already played the I knew nothing, We didnt do nothing wrong card with the IRS scandal. Why finally admit it?

With the AP story why not make a back room deal with AP? Why admit now? At the very least they could have drawn it out past the mid terms or even past the next presidential election when all parties would be retired or onto new jobs outside the white house.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Someone suggested it is the Clintons leaking info

She's got to distance herself somehow from him. Don't forget, she resigned a week prior to the election and he was NOT happy about it as the election was fairly close. She said that she just wanted to take some time off, survived a concussion, a miraculous recovery, and acknowledged her run for 2016 all within 4 months.

She and he were bitter enemies during the election until she capitulated. Did you ever see Hillary take losing gracefully? Trust me, she wanted to distance herself as much as possible for her next attempt at the White House. Mid-Terms are around the corner and she has to make no mistake and let a late entrant beat her next time. She wants to be in the big show. This pro-active step assures it.

You might also notice Bill's less-than-overwhelming endorsement for BO at the convention. That was not his best effort. My guess? BO promised one thing for her to step aside, and delivered quite another knowing he was a lame duck. Payback came 1 week before the election.

One could theorize that. It's possible. I think it's a longshot but, we are talking about Hillary Clinton. She will stop at NOTHING to be president. Up to and including lying to a fallen Navy Seal's father at his son's funeral telling the father, "we will do everything in our power to prosecute this video maker to the fullest extent of the law" all the while knowing that she KNEW this was a terrorist attack.

She lied to the man's father....at his funeral. You think she is not capable of this? There is sufficient documentation out there that when she first came to the White House she was NO fan of the military. Now, she acts like somewhat of a hawk...whatever the political winds blow, there she is. To be fair, ALL politicians have to do this to some degree. Right or left. She just takes it to a demeaning art form.

People don't like her. They don't like her for a myriad of reasons. And yet, she is very, very bright, knows politics. Me? I think most people just don't trust her. What she did at that funeral is beyond cold and calculating. That's her problem, lack of the public trust. Cries on queue, stiffens to a statue at a hearing, lies to a father at his son's funeral, laughs in a phony matter when necessary, Whitewater, Bill's antics with Monica (did she EVER elaborate what she thought then?".

What woman, in 1998, in "office", would have just mildly let his fling go. The man was getting blown in the oval office, got caught, lied about it, had his mistress go on the Barbara Walters special and say, in front of 80 million watching "gee, he was such a good kisser"... and conspicuously do NOTHING about this? Besides dropping a rolling pin on his head somewhere in seclusion in America, you saw or hear nothing. She let it go publicly.

AND THIS IS HILLARY CLINTON! The only first lady that had more cojones than the president. Trust me, she pees standing up. Probably dropped Chelsea breech while jogging.....ough comes to mind. She lived through his embarrassment and came back like nothing happened. She runs for president a mere decade or so later and is running again. You can't shame her, you can't stop her, she's Hillary..... the movie.....

And you think she couldn't come up with.....this?

I don't think there is much she is NOT capable of....do you?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Why is the IRS and AP scandals comings out right now?
1. The Inspector General of the IRS was about to release a report and an IRS official disclosed the close inspection of many of the applications for tax exempt status. That revelation started the 'feeding frenzy' on the matter.

2. The DOJ notified the AP of the surveillance as required by law and the AP went public with the story.

In neither instance has there been solid indication the White House had anyting to do with the timing of these events.

Quote:
To cover over Benganzi?
Benghazi is a trumped-up "scandal" not worthy of much discussion, except amongst the extreme right-wing political faction. The disclosure of the of the emails should put to rest the lies which have been told.

Quote:
What is their end game?
To tell its side of the story, each story. We've only learned of the 'tip of the iceberg' concerning activities at the IRS; much more will be revealed ... I assume. But what took place regarding what I consider to be the anti-American groups is likely to be shown not to be the result of a political agenda ... but, rather, incompetence.

Here's some information on the Inspector General's Report: 10 Things We Learned From the IRS Inspector General Report : It's All Politics : NPR

Old 05-16-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
She's got to distance herself somehow from him. Don't forget, she resigned a week prior to the election and he was NOT happy about it as the election was fairly close. She said that she just wanted to take some time off, survived a concussion, a miraculous recovery, and acknowledged her run for 2016 all within 4 months.

She and he were bitter enemies during the election until she capitulated. Did you ever see Hillary take losing gracefully? Trust me, she wanted to distance herself as much as possible for her next attempt at the White House. Mid-Terms are around the corner and she has to make no mistake and let a late entrant beat her next time. She wants to be in the big show. This pro-active step assures it.

You might also notice Bill's less-than-overwhelming endorsement for BO at the convention. That was not his best effort. My guess? BO promised one thing for her to step aside, and delivered quite another knowing he was a lame duck. Payback came 1 week before the election.

One could theorize that. It's possible. I think it's a longshot but, we are talking about Hillary Clinton. She will stop at NOTHING to be president. Up to and including lying to a fallen Navy Seal's father at his son's funeral telling the father, "we will do everything in our power to prosecute this video maker to the fullest extent of the law" all the while knowing that she KNEW this was a terrorist attack.

She lied to the man's father....at his funeral. You think she is not capable of this? There is sufficient documentation out there that when she first came to the White House she was NO fan of the military. Now, she acts like somewhat of a hawk...whatever the political winds blow, there she is. To be fair, ALL politicians have to do this to some degree. Right or left. She just takes it to a demeaning art form.

People don't like her. They don't like her for a myriad of reasons. And yet, she is very, very bright, knows politics. Me? I think most people just don't trust her. What she did at that funeral is beyond cold and calculating. That's her problem, lack of the public trust. Cries on queue, stiffens to a statue at a hearing, lies to a father at his son's funeral, laughs in a phony matter when necessary, Whitewater, Bill's antics with Monica (did she EVER elaborate what she thought then?".

What woman, in 1998, in "office", would have just mildly let his fling go. The man was getting blown in the oval office, got caught, lied about it, had his mistress go on the Barbara Walters special and say, in front of 80 million watching "gee, he was such a good kisser"... and conspicuously do NOTHING about this? Besides dropping a rolling pin on his head somewhere in seclusion in America, you saw or hear nothing. She let it go publicly.

AND THIS IS HILLARY CLINTON! The only first lady that had more cojones than the president. Trust me, she pees standing up. Probably dropped Chelsea breech while jogging.....ough comes to mind. She lived through his embarrassment and came back like nothing happened. She runs for president a mere decade or so later and is running again. You can't shame her, you can't stop her, she's Hillary..... the movie.....

And you think she couldn't come up with.....this?

I don't think there is much she is NOT capable of....do you?
Imagine her coming out as a wistle blower! They were going to call her back up to testify about benganzi. Could Obama have found out she was going to drop it on him? If she claimed she was told to lie by Omama and had proof, that she resigned because of it, that she now is able to tell the truth. She would be a hero, Obama wouldnt be able to get revenge because of whistle blower protections, she would also get revenge for him stealing the nomination, and she would put herself as head of the party.

Dang it sounds clintonish doesnt it?

Old 05-16-2013, 02:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb So why now?

Short answer: to derail immigration reform.

The GOP's corporate owners do not want to see the illegal immigration issue addressed. They love having millions of subminimum wage workers in the USA to hold down wages and benefits for the rest of us.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:36 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,779,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Short answer: to derail immigration reform.

The GOP's corporate owners do not want to see the illegal immigration issue addressed. They love having millions of subminimum wage workers in the USA to hold down wages and benefits for the rest of us.

Who all vote democrat

Old 05-16-2013, 02:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Who all vote democrat

FYI: illegals can't vote.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Really? I know of a certain person who never became a citizen and was born in canada. He has lived here his whole life and has voted many times. All you need is to register to vote when you get your drivers license or at a drive to sign up. All you need is a id.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Yeah right. Thousands did last time around. All they need is a stolen SS card and go register.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies