Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 11:49 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,928,669 times

Advertisements

Another race besides human?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 02:39 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,502 times
I do not really understand the question in the OP. Why would I "want" them to be the same race OR a different race? There are many things I would want my neighbors to be and race simply does not appear on the list.

Quiet would be one. Polite and friendly would be another. Free of criminal tendencies would be nice. As would personal hygiene. The neighborhood would also benefit if they had an interest in maintaining their gardens.

But not for one moment do I imagine having any preference on what race they will be - be it my own or another.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:08 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times
I already do have people of another race as my neighbor. We get along fine. Next?

Old 05-18-2013, 04:46 AM

33 posts, read 32,659 times
My parents cul de sac consists of atleast 4 different cultures and ethnicities. Communication is lacking, each group has different standards and way of doing things which leads to awkwardness and cold shoulders, with occasional arguing.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:22 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brimelow View Post
Rap videos do a pretty good job of accurately portraying the racial demographics of urban inner city ghetto America. The hood really is as Black as the videos portray them.

White people would not be so scared of the hood, if the hood was not extremely Black.

The issue is not that there may be predominately based neighborhoods, it was the idiocy of you claiming that because a stupid rap video didn't show a white person, that there aren't any there.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:34 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
It's true, I live in a neighborhood that welfare recipients can not afford. If a black family moved in they obviously are educated and worked hard to be able to afford it. It's not a prejudice thing, it is a fact of ability to afford it.
That has little to do with what you said, though. Which was essentially nothing but a baseless, rambling, bigoted rant against people who make less money than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brimelow View Post
More gangsta rap videos shot in urban ghetto inner city neighborhoods. Again no White faces in sight, as expected.
Won't someone think of the poor, mistreated white people?!?!?!?!?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I already do have people of another race as my neighbor. We get along fine. Next?
As CDusr correctly pointed out, there IS only one human race. Skin color has nothing to do with genetically specified or differentiated races. We are one species.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
As CDusr correctly pointed out, there IS only one human race. Skin color has nothing to do with genetically specified or differentiated races. We are one species.
From a practical standpoint we are different races.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
From a practical standpoint we are different races.
Nope. You couldn't be more wrong. Different cultures, yes; different races, no.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:26 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Nope. You couldn't be more wrong. Different cultures, yes; different races, no.

The term is commonly used to classify people. See the US census and employment applications. The common use of the word race is to classify different groups of people regardless of the exact scientific definition.

Quote:
Quote:

race

[SIZE=2]2
/reɪs/ Show
Spelled [reys]
Show IPA
[/SIZE]

noun

a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.

a population so related.

Anthropology .
a.
any of the traditional divisions of
humankind, the
commonest being the
caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by
supposedly distinctive
and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.

b.
an arbitrary
classification
of modern humans,
sometimes, especially
formerly,
based on any or a combination of
various physical
characteristics,
as skin color, facial form,
or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers
as blood groups.

c.
a human population partially isolated reproductively from other populations, whose members
share a greater degree
of physical and
genetic
similarity with
one another than
with other humans.

a group of tribes or peoples forming
an ethnic stock:
the
Slavic race.

any people united by common history,
language, cultural traits, etc.:
the
Dutch race

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies